The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ilereth
Yeah, there were 6 places for this particular department. They didn't offer me a place as this was just a phone interview, which every cyber security applicant will have. It wasn't in the place or quite the role I was looking for so I'll be placed in the running for a different cyber security place in a different department.

Oh, cool. Had no idea it would be so specific. Sounds really good.
Original post by eviebings
Have you received an email for Sheffield then?
This was my first choice thats all :smile:

Yes, me too :smile: are you fast track too? :smile:
Original post by Miyata
Oh, cool. Had no idea it would be so specific. Sounds really good.

Yeah me neither, I imagine it'll mean us cyber security apprentices will be some of the last to find out where we'll be based
What sort of questions did they ask during the cyber security phone call if you don't mind me asking.
Original post by Student765
What sort of questions did they ask during the cyber security phone call if you don't mind me asking.

Nothing spectacular, just 'would you be willing to do this' and 'how do you feel about this'... Quite relaxed
Original post by Ilereth
Nothing spectacular, just 'would you be willing to do this' and 'how do you feel about this'... Quite relaxed

Okay thanks :smile:
Hi. I am a fast track applicant, and on the day of my AC I produced all of my documents, other than 1, they provided me with an email for me to scan and send the final document to them on. I am now awaiting response like the rest of you!
Original post by Ilereth
These emails are to do with operational delivery, if you applied for fast track I imagine it's being processed by a different team...

I know, emailed them afterwards apologising lol
Original post by veggyem96
Yes, me too :smile: are you fast track too? :smile:

Yes I am fast track however I haven't received an email yet regarding location/department unfortunately!
Anybody heard whether their location is in London yet? For fast track
Original post by pstnn97
Anybody heard whether their location is in London yet? For fast track

Not yet mate, I'm expecting something to be in my mail box by Wednesday next week. There are 24 or so ministerial departments in London I think and each one bids for us so it wont be as sudden as the areas that only have a few departments. That's my perspective anyway! If we find out tomorrow though I shan't be complaining! :biggrin:
anyone put MK as there place choice of location?
Reply 1272
Congrats to those who have heard! Nice to know that offers/locations are finally being rolled out!!
Original post by eviebings
Yes I am fast track however I haven't received an email yet regarding location/department unfortunately!

I'm sure you will hear soon :smile: which framework did you go for? I'm commercial
I spoke to capita today about references as my current manager is on sick leave for the foreseeable future. They informed me that the department you are placed in retrieves the references. So for those of you who know there referees have been contacted you more than likely have already been assigned, but just haven't been informed yet.

Hope that makes sense
Original post by veggyem96
I'm sure you will hear soon :smile: which framework did you go for? I'm commercial

Ahh they might be doing it based on frameworks then i'm guessing because the other person who received an email today was commercial too :smile: well done by the way! I'm business admin.
Original post by daanke
anyone put MK as there place choice of location?

Yeah I did, went for cyber security.
Original post by Bailey1996
Yeah I did, went for cyber security.

Did you get this call today? I haven't had signal all day so I may have missed it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by clairey_lou
I spoke to capita today about references as my current manager is on sick leave for the foreseeable future. They informed me that the department you are placed in retrieves the references. So for those of you who know there referees have been contacted you more than likely have already been assigned, but just haven't been informed yet.

Hope that makes sense

Did hey happen to say what happens if they have trouble getting in contact with references, like do they let you know so you can provide others?.
Nope I didn't, I'm away working at the moment too so could had missed it also...

Did you go for cyber security also then?

Quick Reply

Latest