The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Who has done the challenge?
is it hards to complete?
Original post by the_sheikh98
How did everyone find the written paper?! Which bits caught you out?

Hi was the paper hard? i have it tommorow and im kinda nervous.:frown:
Original post by the_sheikh98
Let's talk about it tomorrow afternoon, people still haven't done it yet! PM me or the others who have done it if you want to discuss beforehand tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sent you a PM. Reply please. :smile:
Original post by Jack354
Anyone remember any of the answers to check with me?

Reply to my PM. :smile:
What do you guys think the gold grade boundary will be? I think I got about 36

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joshthemathmo
What do you guys think the gold grade boundary will be? I think I got about 36

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats so good!

Did you find it harder than previous? I want a bronze :frown:
Original post by Chemistry_4_life
Thats so good!

Did you find it harder than previous? I want a bronze :frown:

It was easier than last years in my opinion, but still wasn't great. I'm sure you did better than you think! :tongue:
Reply 3627
Does the mark scheme definitely come out on Friday, because people at my school are not taking the paper until next week?
Original post by Lista
Does the mark scheme definitely come out on Friday, because people at my school are not taking the paper until next week?

I haven't got a clue. It does for teachers I'm not sure if they put it up for eveyone or not
Oh my, I did this today.
I feel as though my brain has been violated :/
I'm an A grade student but I will be happy with 10 :smile:
whos done it? how'd you find it?
Reply 3631
I believe i have cracked the code for Rg but have no idea how to format my answer, any help?
Original post by jjsnyder
Oh my, I did this today.
I feel as though my brain has been violated :/
I'm an A grade student but I will be happy with 10 :smile:

Join the club!!

Thought i was good at chemistry.., not anymore!pahahah!
Original post by Chemistry_4_life
Join the club!!

Thought i was good at chemistry.., not anymore!pahahah!

Like that was stupidly hard, I feel like all but the start of question 2 was just a complete guessing game :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lista
I believe i have cracked the code for Rg but have no idea how to format my answer, any help?

If you have cracked it, then it is crystal clear what you should type - the deciphered message, exactly as you decipher it.
Original post by Lista

The last time the paper should be sat is tomorrow.

It almost sounds like a school could be getting their students to sit the exam after the mark scheme comes out, so that they can prepare said students with a last-minute revision session. If correct, then it sounds like the teachers are not able to do the paper themselves and they need the mark scheme to ensure that they tell the students the correct answers.

I might be getting cynical in my old age, though.
Original post by Pigster

It almost sounds like a school could be getting their students to sit the exam after the mark scheme comes out, so that they can prepare said students with a last-minute revision session. If correct, then it sounds like the teachers are not able to do the paper themselves and they need the mark scheme to ensure that they tell the students the correct answers.

Was a comma really necessary before final, though. It just made it sound even more cynical :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pigster

Just to clarify, this comes from the teacher instructions, cos I asked mine and he sent me this from their emailed instructions

Dear Teacher,
Thank you for your interest in the Cambridge Chemistry Challenge. We hope you and your students will find the paper to be interesting, with parts accessible to all good students, and other parts that will challenge your brightest.
4. The paper should be sat under exam conditions in one 90 min sitting any time between June 10 and June 19.
Anyone have the mark scheme?
What are people grade predictions for roentgenium?

Quick Reply

Latest