The Student Room Group

Odd alcoholic drink combinations - name your own cocktail.

I was just reading a book where a character ordered Absinthe and Champagne - called Death in the Afternoon and invented by Hemmingway. So I got thinking of the odd drinks combinations people have.
Some of the regular cocktails are pretty weird combinations - I still won't try a White Russian because there's cream in it and I find that weird, even though I'm a Bailey's drinker - but have you ever created something odd yourself that you're sure doesn't have a name but probably should?

I'm partial to anything aniseed flavoured mixed with lemonade.
I once mixed black wild berry vodka, normal vodka and Ribena - that was delicious.
I also just polished off peach schnapps with pineapple juice and orange juice - not as sour as you would think!

Any other suggestions of your homemade cocktails and what do you think they should called.

Scroll to see replies

As a rampart alcholi-er I mean...as a connoisseur of alcoholic beverages, I look forward to this thread :beard:
Reply 2
Vodka and Vimto is rather tasty..
Original post by Ethanol
Vodka and Vimto is rather tasty..

I had that not too long ago as well actually. I didn't have much else in and didn't think it would mix well with Cointreau. Although I kind of want to try that now...
as a mixologist i've tried everything pretty much such as a...
passion- cranberry juice, orange juice, passoa, and malibu-5
flying scotsman- irn bru and scotch-3
malibu and cherryade-4
black velvet- guiness and champagne-2
beefeater martini- a dry martini with raw beef as a garnish-0
dirty martini- olive brine in a dry martini-1
knockout punch- a mix of midori and green absinthe-4
red headed slut- peach schnapps, jagermeister and orange juice-4
baileys and cherryade- 0 it curdled
When I was about 17 I once had Strongbow and coke. I drunk one glass and liked it. Then poured another, took a sip and thought 'what the **** am I drinking this for'?
Malibu and milk is delicious.
I also sometimes mix vodka with milk if I'm out of soda; tastes pretty good.
Reply 7
Not too odd or exciting but peach schnapps and Irn Bru is delicious. Doesn't taste like booze at all so you can drink it like water :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
Not too odd or exciting but peach schnapps and Irn Bru is delicious. Doesn't taste like booze at all so you can drink it like water :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same for peach schnapps and lemon fanta!
Malibu and milk? Ugghhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never tried it but my friend says it's very nice. Rum mixed with blackcurrant. Sounds vile to me.
Original post by Sabertooth
Malibu and milk is delicious.
I also sometimes mix vodka with milk if I'm out of soda; tastes pretty good.

Whaaaat?

I hate coconut and can't get my head around the idea of alcohol and milk so I'm calling this the YUCK! cocktail!
Coffee and Disaronno... now that's a great winter evening drink for those snowy nights
Original post by TheGreyPhysicist
Coffee and Disaronno... now that's a great winter evening drink for those snowy nights

My brother would approve.

Mum sometimes has Tia Maria in her coffee, and I sometimes have Baileys hot chocolate.
Original post by minimarshmallow
My brother would approve.

Mum sometimes has Tia Maria in her coffee, and I sometimes have Baileys hot chocolate.

Mmmmmmm baileys hot chocolate :u:, i had that at German Christmas market last year.
Shortly followed by a hot honey mead..

But i think the strangest drink ive ever had is a dry ice cocktail in a test tube about 3 feet tall. THAT was extravagant...
Original post by TheGreyPhysicist
Mmmmmmm baileys hot chocolate :u:, i had that at German Christmas market last year.
Shortly followed by a hot honey mead..

But i think the strangest drink ive ever had is a dry ice cocktail in a test tube about 3 feet tall. THAT was extravagant...

That sounds amazing and I'm thinking of hunting out where I can get one!
That sounds amazing and I'm thinking of hunting out where I can get one!

It was rather swell :biggrin:
Sometimes I just like to mix vodka and apple juice.
Original post by LetMeGoUni
Malibu and milk? Ugghhh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whaaaat?

I hate coconut and can't get my head around the idea of alcohol and milk so I'm calling this the YUCK! cocktail!

You guys don't know what you're missing out on! It's particularly good with full fat milk so you got that creamyness in there too. :biggrin:
Blue WKD and any kind of Lager is surprisingly nice! I call it The Incredible Hulk because of the freaky green colour it goes! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest