The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ubisoft
Have you done 2014 5c? Would you say this was harder or easier? Completely f'd it up. I forgot about the optional unit cause we had to self teach it, only read the book one day before didn't know f all

ahh that sucks mate sorry to hear that. I think question 3 was pretty difficult, best of luck
Original post by sykik
did anyone get 250 muons for turning point question? and what did everyone get for the voltage at which electrons are accelerated?

I got 500 muons but 250 is correct. (i missed the fact the dam half life is half the life of a muon)
Now for the potential i got 24v.. which i think is correct. :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lad123
160000 is wrong on there for a start

And the magnitude!!! I mean minus 82!!! Have a word!!! 😭😭
Reply 3423
Original post by TheGreyPhysicist
I got 500 muons but 250 is correct. (i missed the fact the dam half life is half the life of a muon)
Now for the potential i got 24v.. which i think is correct. :biggrin:

Get in!!... How did you find the paper overall? Can you recall what the values for specific heat capacity question were?
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone got a copy of paper please?
Reply 3425
For the SHC definition did you have to use the data given? 130Jkg^-1K^-1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophiebeth100
Anyone who did Medical Physics, quote me, how did you find the paper?

a nice paper, mostly because the 6 marker was the exact repeat of the 6 marker in recent papers (don't remember which one though)

did you get 0.19m for the corrected near point though? i always mess those calculations up lol
Reply 3427
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think so because they specifically asked about 130Jkg^-1K^-1
Original post by aprocrastinator
a nice paper, mostly because the 6 marker was the exact repeat of the 6 marker in recent papers (don't remember which one though)

did you get 0.19m for the corrected near point though? i always mess those calculations up lol

I got 0.19m too. Nice to hear somebody else did! I hate lens equations :angry:
How many marks was the travelling distance of alpha/beta question, the calculating of magnitude question and the energy question please? Does anyone have a copy of the paper
Original post by you-only-live-once
For anyone doing medical, on the ears question, which line is DB and which is DBA?

the flat line was dB and the curved line was dbA
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would imagine so yeah lol
Reply 3432
Original post by sykik
I think so because they specifically asked about 130Jkg^-1K^-1

I did. I was just asking as my friends said I was wrong to use their data.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophiebeth100
I got 0.19m too. Nice to hear somebody else did! I hate lens equations :angry:

awesome! I think the other two people at my school doing medical physics (out of 40 people. lol) got the same so probs right! Me too, it took me forever to get my head around it, i have no idea why omg.
Reply 3434
Original post by CD223
I did. I was just asking as my friends said I was wrong to use their data.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh ok.... how did you find nuclear paper overall? What did you put for 6 marker?
Reply 3435
Original post by sykik
oh ok.... how did you find nuclear paper overall? What did you put for 6 marker?

Didn't like the paper as a whole tbh. PHYA4 went better personally. Made too many mistakes for an A*. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aprocrastinator
awesome! I think the other two people at my school doing medical physics (out of 40 people. lol) got the same so probs right! Me too, it took me forever to get my head around it, i have no idea why omg.

There's only three of you? Whoa! Our school made everyone do medical physics - we didn't even get a choice :s-smilie:

But wow, great! Me too - I can never get my head around whether or not I need to use a negative sign!!!
Original post by sykik
Get in!!... How did you find the paper overall? Can you recall what the values for specific heat capacity question were?

I think it was generally alright, some parts were surprising, but on the whole a good paper. Definitely better than unit 4, i could have died after that paper :P.

as for thermal i got (from memory)
47000j for one of them
320K for another
2.4x10^17 for number of atoms/nuclei
I wrote about Brownian motion and elastic collisions for the movement.
1.6x10^17 kg/m^-3 for a density question

Ermmm i have bad memory sorry for the lack of question numbers!

That's all i can remember. :biggrin:
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you had too
Original post by gtkonline
1.73x10^11

No...I'm looking for the follow up question with angle subtended

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending