The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3440
Original post by CD223
Didn't like the paper as a whole tbh. PHYA4 went better personally. Made too many mistakes for an A*. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol seriously?? Unit 4 was way harder for me... for me Unit 5 was reasonably ok compared to unit 4 but then again you had a different option which might have been more difficult compared my option :smile:
Original post by CD223
For the SHC definition did you have to use the data given? 130Jkg^-1K^-1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes
Original post by sophiebeth100
There's only three of you? Whoa! Our school made everyone do medical physics - we didn't even get a choice :s-smilie:

But wow, great! Me too - I can never get my head around whether or not I need to use a negative sign!!!

I got 0.19m too! That paper was amazing, the x-ray and the 6-markers were directly copied from past papers! And I'm the only one in my school out of about 100 doing Medical
Reply 3443
Original post by sykik
Lol seriously?? Unit 4 was way harder for me... for me Unit 5 was reasonably ok compared to unit 4 but then again you had a different option which might have been more difficult compared my option :smile:

Astro was odd compared to previous years. I didn't really like it :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
For those who did Turning Points did anyone find this exam easier than June '11? Because that had the lowest cap of 67/75. I want to try and make an assumption as to what the cap on this exam would be?
Reply 3445
Original post by TheGreyPhysicist
awesome :P
thanks!

it's calm my g
Reply 3446
Original post by Disney0702
For those who did Turning Points did anyone find this exam easier than June '11? Because that had the lowest cap of 67/75. I want to try and make an assumption as to what the cap on this exam would be?

Yh i found it really easy
Original post by k9000
it's calm my g

:cool: Hell yeahhh
Original post by sykik

I agree! I found the Unit 4 exam more difficult than this exam. But I still want the grade boundaries to be as low as possible.

What optional unit did you do? I did Turning Points
Reply 3449
Original post by Disney0702

this was easier, personally I feel they will be this year will have 67 as the cap but my friends are going for 63. If you have done the legacy papers then this paper was a joke.
what did people say about alpha radiation in room and hazards?

I think i said it could collide and ionise human DNA which could then turn cancerous
Reply 3451
Original post by Bealzibub

I think i said it could collide and ionise human DNA which could then turn cancerous

-outside it is relatively harmless as it can't penetrate skin
- inside it produces most ion pairs (compared to alpha and gamma)
- ionise cells which can have somatic/genetic effects.
Reply 3452
Original post by Bealzibub

I said that and that breathing it in was more hazardous than contact outside the body.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aprocrastinator
a nice paper, mostly because the 6 marker was the exact repeat of the 6 marker in recent papers (don't remember which one though)

did you get 0.19m for the corrected near point though? i always mess those calculations up lol

I'm paranoid I missed a question in Medical - is this all there was on it? Myopia question, db/dba question, ECG 6-marker and image intensifier?
Original post by sophiebeth100
There's only three of you? Whoa! Our school made everyone do medical physics - we didn't even get a choice :s-smilie:

But wow, great! Me too - I can never get my head around whether or not I need to use a negative sign!!!

Really?? Basically our school made everyone doing turning points as that's the only topic the teachers knew how to teach but also they felt like it was the easiest to pick up as it used stuff from the other units. those who got above a certain ums at AS level got to choose the other options for self study and I chose medical cos I want to be a doctor :colonhash:

Medical physics is really hard if you're not interested in it! Yeah me either, but never need it again now!!!
Reply 3455
can anybody remember the questions with their corresponding marks? Im not asking for answers or anything, just trying to mentally guess how many marks I got. I did turning points, so if anyone remembers each question n marks for that too, that would be great!
Reply 3456
Original post by Sbarron
I would imagine so yeah lol

wasnt it just asking for the general definition of specific heat capacity though?
Reply 3457
3m diameter for cassegrain?
Reply 3458
Original post by mxrxam
wasnt it just asking for the general definition of specific heat capacity though?

I think it stated the specific heat capacity of Lead and asked what that sentence meant. In which case I believe I'm right in saying you had to explain specifically that 130J of energy would raise the temperature of 1kg of Lead by 1K.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3459
Original post by JaySP
3m diameter for cassegrain?

I got that. It was a recurring decimal (3.0303030303) to two significant figures :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending