The Student Room Group

"No homo"

My "friend" told me that he loved me
He said no homo He didn't need to say that.
There are different types of love, I know what type of love he meant.
Why do males need to say that? I don't think females say it.

If you love your friend, you love your friend, there's nothing homosexual about love between two males

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MylittlePlusle
He said no homo He didn't need to say that.

If you love your friend, you love your friend, there's nothing homosexual about love between two males

cause guys thing if they say it to another guy they might appear homosexual

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Minamenae
cause guys thing if they say it to another guy they might appear homosexual

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are different types of love..
Reply 3
Me and my friends sometimes say it in funny situations, other times we say it if something we may have said sounded homosexual, but we are not

Posted from TSR Mobile
what does love mean to you tho

I don't 'love' my friends but my connection with them is the best it can be
Original post by MylittlePlusle

He said no homo. He didn't need to say that.

That's quite lovely. Well said.

Spoiler

yes there are different kinds of love but he still had to say it to make it clear he didn't mean it in a romantic way

I would say it too, not because i'm insecure or whatever bs you all say, i say it to make sure they know what i mean before they can insinuate ****
I love you.

Spoiler

Original post by MsFahima
I love you.

Spoiler

dead
Original post by bittr n swt
dead

Alive.

Spoiler

I don't understand it, either. It seems like such a silly thing to say. If I say to a friend, "That top looks nice on you," I don't feel the need to say "no homo" or "no lesbian". :s-smilie: Besides, my friends know my romantic and sexual preferences anyway, so why would I need to keep on confirming them?
Original post by MsFahima
Alive.

Spoiler

lol nah it was just too much spoilers
Original post by Kittiara
I don't understand it, either. It seems like such a silly thing to say. If I say to a friend, "That top looks nice on you," I don't feel the need to say "no homo" or "no lesbian". :s-smilie: Besides, my friends know my romantic and sexual preferences anyway, so why would I need to keep on confirming them?

**** example as guys say this too and don't say no homo. I compliment my guy friends on their haricuts, trainers, clothes etc.
lol nah it was just too much spoilers

Spoiler

**** example as guys say this too and don't say no homo. I compliment my guy friends on their haricuts, trainers, clothes etc.

I have heard guys say it when complimenting another guy.

But if I say "love you" to a female friend, I don't follow it up with those words, either. Just like if I say "love you" to a male friend, I don't feel the need to add, "... but I am not attracted to you!"
I almost never say it myself, but as someone else said guys generally say it so people don't start insinuating stuff. I get why it could be seen as stupid, but well it doesn't harm anyone so no big deal.

But if I say "love you" to a female friend, I don't follow it up with those words, either. Just like if I say "love you" to a male friend, I don't feel the need to add, "... but I am not attracted to you!"

wow i'm surprised, that's the first time i'm hearing this, that's just stupid and using no homo way too much

girls are feminine and tbh it's seen as girly, no one blinks an eyelid. Straight girls touch each others tits and sit on each others laps etc, a "i love you" from one girl to another is nothing compared to 2 straight guys

But if I say "love you" to a female friend, I don't follow it up with those words, either.

Girl-to-girl interactions aren't really the same as guy-to-guy interactions though..

(and no this isn't meant to be sexist before the easily offended see this)
wow i'm surprised, that's the first time i'm hearing this, that's just stupid and using no homo way too much

girls are feminine and tbh it's seen as girly, no one blinks an eyelid. Straight girls touch each others tits and sit on each others laps etc, a "i love you" from one girl to another is nothing compared to 2 straight guys

Yeah, it's very strange!

But presumably your male friends already know that you are not attracted to them, so why does that need to be confirmed?

And by the way, I have never been that physically intimate with my female friends. :laugh:
I often engage in sweaty nude mud-wrestling with my friends, before taking a shower together and listening to Michael Buble.

I say no homo afterwards, though, so it's alright.

Quick Reply