The Student Room Group

Age you started puberty

Sorry if this seems weird I'm only asking as I was reading an article about health implications of puberty start age. And that various environmental and other factors contribute to the age you start. I was wondering what the average is as I'm worried mine was early.

Female and started to notice first changes around 8/9

At what age did you start and what sex if anonymous?

Scroll to see replies

I started puberty (menstruation) at the age of 11. Female here. :smile: But I can't remember about before that! How old are you now?
If I menstruated then obvs I'm female. :getmecoat: Oops. :lol:
I started my period in year three- I was eight.
Reply 4
i started my period when i was 12, horrible experience...
I'm a male. My dick started getting uncontrollably big at the age of 11, it was quite scary.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I started puberty (menstruation) at the age of 11. Female here. :smile: But I can't remember about before that! How old are you now?
I started my period at 11 as well. But I had the first signs before then at 8/9. I'm in my early 20's now :h:

If I menstruated then obvs I'm female. :getmecoat: Oops. :lol:
Hahaa :laugh:
I had my first proper period when I was 14, though I'm sure other signs of puberty would have been around before that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Emily.97
Are you being serious honey?
I started my period at age 11, just a month after turning 11 actually.
Are you being serious honey?

Why would I be joking?
Reply 11

i feel so sorry for you
Original post by User23
i feel so sorry for you

Why?
Reply 13
I'm a male. My dick started getting uncontrollably big at the age of 11, it was quite scary.

i feel so sorry for you
Reply 14
Why?

you started so early!! i was 12 when i started i was freaking out, crying..
Original post by User23
you started so early!! i was 12 when i started i was freaking out, crying..

Meh, it was alright. It just made me grow up faster than everyone else. Although it was quite annoying that people kept commenting on the fact that i had breasts.:colonhash:
Why would I be joking?

Of course you wouldn't be. But it is pretty young and to be dealing with all the period crap at that age pretty unfair.
Reply 17
I could grow a beard when I was 5.
Of course you wouldn't be. But it is pretty young and to be dealing with all the period crap at that age pretty unfair.

No big deal.
Meh, it was alright. It just made me grow up faster than everyone else. Although it was quite annoying that people kept commenting on the fact that i had breasts.:colonhash:
Erw wth... Please tell me it was just the kids that did no adults wet oh look at your wee boobies. Highly inappropriate if so!

Quick Reply

Latest