The Student Room Group

AQA GEOG4B 19th JUNE 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bunny2014
Great!! Thanks :biggrin: so could this be a possible 5 marker? xxx

Could well be, it is summarised in the AIB too so it shouldn't be too difficult.
Original post by subject1
Could well be, it is summarised in the AIB too so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Really hope that we get good questions :frown: xx
Original post by Rakz14
As its a discuss question would you evaluate some of these points explaining how the distribution is improved? Thank you so much!!

Corruption and crime means supplies often dont get there, therefore erradicate it and this will improve the supply, as does diversification of the fleet of transport it allows more effective distribution in keeping with their main aim
(edited 8 years ago)
Just to prove someone wrong guys...

WE WILL GET THE AIB IN EXAM TOMORROW RIGHT?
Original post by Bunny2014
Really hope that we get good questions :frown: xx

The papers got changed, which would mean that statistical tests should not come up (I doubt they can be arsed to make one in such a short time). So most questions should be writing ones and perhaps more general ones because they had little time to prepare.
Original post by Abbz61112
Just to prove someone wrong guys...

WE WILL GET THE AIB IN EXAM TOMORROW RIGHT?

Yes, provided that you were not given the exam stock one in advance and you did not write on them.
Reply 726
Physical:
- terrain - Kenya is highly mountainous, with most people living at over 2000m above sea level. Supplies that are imported into Mombasa at the coast have to get to 2000m above sea level!
- climate - monsoon season makes unpaved roads impassable. Most people live in mountainous areas, which can suffer from landslides during the wet season.
- High population density in high precipitation areas - population more at risk from malaria, increasing demand for anti-malarials and treatment.
- Kenya is a large country with small villages. To provide good infrastructure to all of them would be hugely expensive with high maintenance costs.

Human:
- Most physicians are located in urban areas, and there is a flow of doctors out of the country. This leads to a shortage of staff to deliver healthcare in rural areas.
- There are areas which have a very high poverty density. This creates problems for local authorities because poorer people have higher demand for public healthcare, but drugs are delivered proportionally. Demand for drugs often outstrips supply, in some cases KEMSA has blocked supplies due to delayed payments by local authorities.
- There are many sparely populated regions, particularly in the north and east of the country. It is very difficult to provide local community care to these settlements.

Thank you so much for this super appreciated!!!
Yes, provided that you were not given the exam stock one in advance and you did not write on them.

You get a clean one in the exam no matter what
Has anyone got any notes about the Riders website?! Anything will be good.

TIA.
Original post by adam harperRB
You get a clean one in the exam no matter what

Your school only gets one copy. If they have given that one out then you will ned to keep it unmarked and bring it in,
Reply 730
The papers got changed, which would mean that statistical tests should not come up (I doubt they can be arsed to make one in such a short time). So most questions should be writing ones and perhaps more general ones because they had little time to prepare.

Was there no backup paper in the first place? or was this paper only recently written? :smile:
Original post by Rakz14
Was there no backup paper in the first place? or was this paper only recently written? :smile:

Because the 4B paper is different this year they don't make a backup paper unlike for other subkjects.
Original post by MedievalWitch
yeah but everyones saying you need statistics and notes on climate change and environment and vision2030 i just dont see how they link to the booklet and why you need them

You will need vision 2030 for work done after the mdgs have finished, most likely to be a 15 marker
Your school only gets one copy. If they have given that one out then you will ned to keep it unmarked and bring it in,

oh dear well all of my class have written over all ours
does anyone have a link to the pre-release that i can print
Reply 735
SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!
I am panicking like crazy! Are the maps chloropleth or isopleth?!
And what are the advantages and disadvantages of using this map??
Reply 736
oh dear well all of my class have written over all ours

Same here - but our teacher has printed a clean copy and supplied it to our examination officer - they may do the same for you??
Original post by mais23
SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!
I am panicking like crazy! Are the maps chloropleth or isopleth?!
And what are the advantages and disadvantages of using this map??

Chloropleth as they have no distinct lines round the boundaries
does anyone have a link to the pre-release that i can print

You're provided with an AIB in the exam. Irrespective if you have been handed one previously.
Original post by cpilbeam
You're provided with an AIB in the exam. Irrespective if you have been handed one previously.

ok cheers, mini-meltdown avoided

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending