The Student Room Group
Reply 8560
For the people who secured a summer internship, will you still be applying for internships at other companies? I think i might want to do this to keep options open
Original post by nxjx
For the people who secured a summer internship, will you still be applying for internships at other companies? I think i might want to do this to keep options open

you have nothing to lose from doing so
Original post by nxjx

For my summer internship offers you would have to sign a contract. If you apply to other summer internships won't that mean reneging on a signed contract?

What are people's thoughts? Although I've heard lots of people do it, does HR hold a grudge or do they expect a few to renege?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone still haven't heard from BAML?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizzygrant
Anyone still haven't heard from BAML?

Posted from TSR Mobile

may be worth calling them tomorrow to ask if they've finished or they will do 2nd round of interviews. let us know what they say x
Does anyone know the dates for the BAML summer week?
Original post by isabelita
Does anyone know the dates for the BAML summer week?

9th - 11th September

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard back from MS for Summer Sales and Trading insight?

Also does anyone have the M$ HR Department Number, I would like to seduce the lady into giving me a job
Reply 8568
Original post by tiptopkek
Anyone heard back from MS for Summer Sales and Trading insight?

Also does anyone have the M$ HR Department Number, I would like to seduce the lady into giving me a job

I was going to ask the same thing. I sent an email to a lady from HR today, and asked how long will it be until the replies are sent out. Hopefully soon... I do have a few of their emails but not contact number
Original post by nxjx
I was going to ask the same thing. I sent an email to a lady from HR today, and asked how long will it be until the replies are sent out. Hopefully soon... I do have a few of their emails but not contact number

Well let us know when you get a reply, and do share the email here so that I we all can pester them :smile:
Reply 8570
Original post by tiptopkek
Well let us know when you get a reply, and do share the email here so that I we all can pester them :smile:

Sure ill let you guys know. If you want the email i can private message you it
Hi,
I've just been wondering, what amount or quality of work experience are we exepected to have carried out when applying for an SW? I dont have particularly much, i have a part time job as a tennis coach and im getting a weeks experience at a tech startup this summer, do i need more?
Reply 8572
Guys I have very important telephone interview coming up for BAML summer insight so to anyone who has done their telephone interview can you please provide me with the questions they asked in telephone interviews as I don't have many resources to prepare for this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nickmurp
Hi,
I've just been wondering, what amount or quality of work experience are we exepected to have carried out when applying for an SW? I dont have particularly much, i have a part time job as a tennis coach and im getting a weeks experience at a tech startup this summer, do i need more?

For a Spring Week, you should be ok, as long as you get your application in early and your CV is upto scratch. Having stuff like Insight Days is extremely beneficial for SW's however it's more than possible to get an SW with no work experience, and the work experience in the tech startup sounds quite good, so basically you'll be fine as long as the rest of your application is fine haha.
I had mine today.

Basic tele int, lasted about 25min.

Why s&t, tell me about recent story affecting markets, team work example and example of a problem you've overcome.

Quite informal and relaxed, should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mengtweek
have you heard back from them yet? did mine on monday

I had my 2nd int on Monday too.

Still no word though. The guy interviewing me said he wasn't sure but some time over the next few weeks probably.

I'll post on here if I hear back though.
Original post by Engineer94
I had my 2nd int on Monday too.
Still no word though. The guy interviewing me said he wasn't sure but some time over the next few weeks probably.
I'll post on here if I hear back though.

How soon after your initial interview did they invite you to a second?
Also what questions did they ask in the second interview?
Original post by sazzabazza
How soon after your initial interview did they invite you to a second?
Also what questions did they ask in the second interview?

Got invited for 2nd one the day before I had my 1st interview.

Simple competency - example of problem and how solved + teamwork example

1 commercial awareness q's - Example of story affecting fixed income markets
Original post by Engineer94
Got invited for 2nd one the day before I had my 1st interview.
Simple competency - example of problem and how solved + teamwork example
1 commercial awareness q's - Example of story affecting fixed income markets

That's odd how they advanced you to the second before the first took place. You must be a strong candidate.

So the second interview was similar to your first then?
Original post by sazzabazza
That's odd how they advanced you to the second before the first took place. You must be a strong candidate.

So the second interview was similar to your first then?

Nah its nothing to do with my ability.

I think its a 2 stage interview regardless.

It was traders who interviewed, not HR, so it was up to them to organise it and probably just coincidence that they reached out in that order.

Yes, second one pretty much the same, variations purely down to different interviewers.

Must keep in mind they are not HR, so they prefer talking about the actual role and markets etc more than competencies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending