The Student Room Group

AQA GEOG4B 19th JUNE 2015

Scroll to see replies

how does HIV affect development? can't get many more points other than:
death of people, tourism decrease, people won't be able to work, people won't go to school as not educated, stress and pressures onto the health system
any others?
Our school photocopies the originals gives u one copy and then a clean one in the exam
Reply 802
Have made 3 mindmaps which summarise the chapter 2 MDGs - not able to attach them on here(server is down) but whoever does want them just PM me This highlights how much MDG 7 needs to be improved as well as some good stats! Good luck for the exam tomorrow! Have two exams tomorrow - not looking forward to it, but they are my last!!
Original post by gedfed
Any ideas on 15 markers?
And what about 2030 do we need to know?

to what extent is Kenya ever likely to achieve its MDGs 15 marks

should invest more of their limited resources in health care. examine the social economic and environment reasons for investing in more health care in Kenya 15 marks

to what extent has the riders for health programme helped Kenya improve health care 15 marks

Kenya has failed MDGs for health. discuss what could be done and justify why 15 marks
Original post by Highlightedkaka
Come on then lads, what's the unanimous consent..?

Clean copy in the exam tomorrow or nah?

I'm sorry, but the examiners aren't gunna let you deluded people walk in with your AIB and be like yep, I'm clean dawg 😂😂

it is your school that decides. if they photo copied it you will.
Essentially, each school only has one official copy per person. If they have photocopied them before then you will get a spare copy in the exam, but you will only have one official copy, which could be the one you have annotated on or the one you shall be using in the exam.

So people don't go around saying each person has two official copies!
Original post by Ultracrepidarian
thanks and also mdg5 how maternal health is still very high

Yeah that's true, and the regional figures in rural areas reveal maternal health is even worse than what the national figure suggests (which is what the MDGs are based on!)
Using the maps suggest reasons why some areas of Kenya face such high poverty levels? could someone help me on this? please xx
Original post by coronatheatre
Using the maps suggest reasons why some areas of Kenya face such high poverty levels? could someone help me on this? please xx

You could talk about high population density links to high levels of poverty xx
GOOD LUCK GUYS!! MAY WE BE BLESSED WITH GOOD QUESTIONS!!! :smile: xxxxxxx
bit of a stupid question, when referencing information from the AIB do we explicitly say "as item P2 says" etc or just lift information directly from it?
Original post by coronatheatre

HOPE THIS HELPS:

1) If it's a relief map, Talk about people not being able to commute properly.
E.g People living in HIGH areas will struggle to travel to work everyday as the roads aren't paved (Throw in a stat about transport problems) therefore they will be most likely to be farmers and if a season is drier than normal crops won't grow causing obvious social and economical problems

2) If it's a rainfall map link it to farmers again. If the area received A LOT of rain, talk about more muddy roads and difficult in travel

3) If it's a disease map talk about how having a disease affects the people. E.g people can't work/ go school/ travel for medicine etc.

These are just 3 example if it's any other map link that map to people's lives and how it can be affected leading them to be poorer.
Just take info from it and don't quote :smile:
The examiners know we have the AIB so no point of telling them that we took the info from this specific area.
Original post by Joe Cook
bit of a stupid question, when referencing information from the AIB do we explicitly say "as item P2 says" etc or just lift information directly from it?
Original post by Joe Cook

I personally do it out of habit. It shows that you are clearly using the AIB and is part of your "evidence" of the point. IMO it is better than just wildly putting a figure out.
Original post by Rakz14
Have made 3 mindmaps which summarise the chapter 2 MDGs - not able to attach them on here(server is down) but whoever does want them just PM me This highlights how much MDG 7 needs to be improved as well as some good stats! Good luck for the exam tomorrow! Have two exams tomorrow - not looking forward to it, but they are my last!!

i'd want them :smile:
bureaucratic luxury - what does this mean? is it suggesting that established members of government don't benefit from it and its merely for the good of the project kind of thing?
Original post by Artfanatic
bureaucratic luxury - what does this mean? is it suggesting that established members of government don't benefit from it and its merely for the good of the project kind of thing?

No. Bureaucratic luxury is basically explaining how a good healthcare system should not just be a load of admin and "bureaucrats" working their way through.

To what extent has Kenya's development been constrained by its social geography.

???????????
Original post by maaitriii

To what extent has Kenya's development been constrained by its social geography.

???????????

- Most physicians are based in urban areas where pay is higher, there are better opportunities and conditions are better.

- People living in poverty are concentrated in certain regions. Supplies distributed proportionally but demand for healthcare is greater from poorer people (less private healthcare, more illnesses due to malnutrition). Demand outstrips supply in these areas, and counties get intodebt.
- Country is sparsely populated, making it difficult to provide good local community healthcare because people live far apart.
- Low levels of education, reducing knowledge of how to prevent diseases.
Advantages and disadvantages of a rotating expat programme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending