The Student Room Group

Will the real TeeEm please stand up!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by ThatGuyRik
Meh wasn't even aware of that i was born then.
Dam lucky i did it this year then hehe :biggrin:
People will actually have to work for an A now haha.

some students and some teachers will miss it ...
not me.
Original post by TeeEm

not me.

Why is that?
Reply 402
Original post by ThatGuyRik
Why is that?

Does absolutely nothing for me.
People like different things.
Original post by TeeEm
Does absolutely nothing for me.
People like different things.

Fair enough.
Reply 404
Original post by Teddysmith123
Sorry to bother you again, but I was wondering if you could help me with 2 more questions?

I don't understand question 6 for the june 2014 paper as I don't know how to simplify the gradient to solve the proof or find the center of the chord for part c.

Also, for question 9, in the reduction formula I understand how to do it, but I just wanted some clarification on what x^2=x^2-1=1 meant? - In the mark scheme it shows this is used to separate the bracket into 2 and I was just hoping you could explain why and how to use it?

I am way too busy right now so I hope you do not mind me giving you my solutions to the paper.
Original post by TeeEm
I am way too busy right now so I hope you do not mind me giving you my solutions to the paper.

Thanks for the solutions, um when you have some time would you mind explaining how you simplified the gradient as in what formula or multiplication did you use as well as the significance of the x^2 in the reduction formula?

I understand if you are busy but if you do have a moment I would really appreciate it!
Reply 406
Thanks for the solutions, um when you have some time would you mind explaining how you simplified the gradient as in what formula or multiplication did you use as well as the significance of the x^2 in the reduction formula?

I understand if you are busy but if you do have a moment I would really appreciate it!

possibly in about an hour.
Original post by TeeEm
possibly in about an hour.

That would be great thanks!
Reply 408
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Based of the Edexcel spec you sent me M5 -> Hardest A level Maths module there is? :gasp:

Does anybody here study M5? Isn't M5 further additional maths?

I know most people who study f.maths go up to M3 some schools only teach up to M2.

I taught someone in 2009 - 2011 and he did C1 to C4, FP1 to FP3, and M1 to M5
Original post by TeeEm
I taught someone in 2009 - 2011 and he did C1 to C4, FP1 to FP3, and M1 to M5

He must have went through hell and back :lol:
How much more of a challenge are STEP papers to the highest FP modules?
Reply 410
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
He must have went through hell and back :lol:
How much more of a challenge are STEP papers to the highest FP modules?

STEP does not compare at all with Further Maths, as it is very different and much harder, although some of the question in further mechanics of STEP are practically the same difficulty as M5 and the old M6 which no longer exist,
Reply 411
That would be great thanks!

now on those question from 2014 ...
Original post by TeeEm
STEP does not compare at all with Further Maths, as it is very different and much harder, although some of the question in further mechanics of STEP are practically the same difficulty as M5 and the old M6 which no longer exist,

Yeah

I know this guy who got 600/600ums in a -level maths and an a* in further maths, but got 2 in step I and 3 in step II

:eek:

How hard is that step shiz!!?!!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TeeEm
now on those question from 2014 ...

Haha yes well... first of I just wanted to ask how do you simplify the gradient as in what formula do you use? Also can you explain how the x^2 is important in the reduction formula?
Original post by TeeEm

If you were to do step papers, waht grade do you think you'll get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 415
Original post by bangla town
Yeah

I know this guy who got 600/600ums in a -level maths and an a* in further maths, but got 2 in step I and 3 in step II

:eek:

How hard is that step shiz!!?!!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

that guy possibly could have done better, but maybe he did not prepare good enough.
Reply 416
Haha yes well... first of I just wanted to ask how do you simplify the gradient as in what formula do you use? Also can you explain how the x^2 is important in the reduction formula?

from the 1st to the 2nd line I used the factor formula
sinA - sinB =....
cosA - cosB = ...
attached in the formula booklet

from the 5th to the 6th line I used cos(A-B) backwards and then I simplified the resulting argument...

can you see those?
Reply 417
Original post by bangla town
If you were to do step papers, waht grade do you think you'll get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

who knows?
Original post by TeeEm
from the 1st to the 2nd line I used the factor formula
sinA - sinB =....
cosA - cosB = ...
attached in the formula booklet

from the 5th to the 6th line I used cos(A-B) backwards and then I simplified the resulting argument...

can you see those?

Wow that is so simple! I completely forgot about that formula! What about finding the center of the chord?
Reply 419
Wow that is so simple! I completely forgot about that formula! What about finding the center of the chord?

factor formulae again but this time
sinA + sinB = ...
cosA + cosB = ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending