The Student Room Group

Why can't black people stand to see non-Black rappers??

Not all, but some always moan about it saying it's being stolen. Does it matter if Hip-Hop was majority non-Black by tomorrow??

Music is music. Hip-Hop belongs to non-Blacks as much as Blacks.

Scroll to see replies

i think for blacks,it's more of a cultural thing than just music itself
Original post by Catholic_
Not all, but some always moan about it saying it's being stolen. Does it matter if Hip-Hop was majority non-Black by tomorrow??

So why even make this thread.

Your anger towards black people is actually quite amusing.
Original post by Novascope

He's a racist towards anyone who isn't white
Hehe hehe

Because it is specifically some black people who oppose it. They don't think that anyone else has the right to fully integrate themselves into their culture without continually paying homage to them. So it raises questions about whether this is a fair stance to take given that aspects of culture which have white origins are open to everyone. To some, it is an example of one of the many double standards present in how white and non white cultures are treated by liberal society.

Others feel that it is wrong for anyone else to take over black culture do to historical/ social reasons. So it is an interesting debate to have- hence the thread. I've not seen OPs other posts on TSR but this thread topic in itself doesn't imply anger towards blacks.
lol its just music. hip hop is more 'american' than black anyway. don't really see many hip hop stars coming out of africa.
Why do non-blacks keep making threads about blacks?

Spoiler

Original post by TheWaffle
Because it is specifically some black people who oppose it. They don't think that anyone else has the right to fully integrate themselves into their culture without continually paying homage to them. So it raises questions about whether this is a fair stance to take given that aspects of culture which have white origins are open to everyone. To some, it is an example of one of the many double standards present in how white and non white cultures are treated by liberal society.

Others feel that it is wrong for anyone else to take over black culture do to historical/ social reasons. So it is an interesting debate to have- hence the thread. I've not seen OPs other posts on TSR but this thread topic in itself doesn't imply anger towards blacks.

I could say the same about white people and Rock? Like seriously who cares if a few people get upset by other races taking on music that may have been created by them.

I said op is angry about blacks because my first interaction with them was probs an hour ago where they were complaining about black people and minorities, plus with me seeing previous posts and threads, then he makes this thread tonight? So clearly he is angry or bothered in some way. But nice of you to defend him :smile:
I could say the same about white people and Rock? Like seriously who cares if a few people get upset by other races taking on music that may have been created by them.

I said op is angry about blacks because my first interaction with them was probs an hour ago where they were complaining about black people and minorities, plus with me seeing previous posts and threads, then he makes this thread tonight? So clearly he is angry or bothered in some way. But nice of you to defend him :smile:

Well not really as the backlash against especially white people taking part in 'black' music is much more widespread and vocal. I've seen several opinion pieces about it this year. Yeah like I said I've not read his other posts so he could be proper fuming for all I know. :smile:
Actually hip hop isn't just music. It was originally an expression of emotions for African Americans, in which they were(still are) heavily marginalised. Same for Blues music. Music is a part of their history and always will be. Maybe the same for Punk/Country for white people idk. If Iggy Azalea becomes the face of rap I will be doneeee. Eminem's old music is good I guess....Macklemore is ok...MGK is decent....its not about if theyre white, its about if they're good at the genre they're trying to emulate. Iggy gets hate.....no other white rappers do.....
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by deborarosa

Eminem's old music is good I guess....Macklemore is ok...MGK is decent....its not about if theyre white, its about if they're good at the genre they're trying to emulate. Iggy gets hate.....no other white rappers do.....

Action Bronson yo
Original post by blackened_sky
Action Bronson yo

Lol he seems corny
Logic(well mixed raced but is pretty white looking) and G-Eazy are good white rappers atm. Macklemore is ok. Rest I dunno. Action bronson is good too.
Lol he seems corny

He's one of the best rappers out there at the moment, regardless of skin colout. Up there with Kendrick.
Original post by Catholic_

If you're talking about igloo, riff raff or chet haze than yes rappers are justified to question their cultural appropriation. They are a modern form of black face and play with racial stereotypes. Most of them deserve it i.e.:

Igloo: racist- claiming she is a runaway slave master & fake "blaccent"
Chet haze- saying it is ok for him to say the "n" word
Riff raff- suggesting that he is in "character" and thus appropiating black culture.

Macklemore, Eminem, MIA, Yelawolf, MGK, Mac miller, Action bronson even kid rock lmaooo and even people like kreyshawn have been accepted with open arm's due to being themselves, being good and not appropriating black culture.
(edited 8 years ago)
He's one of the best rappers out there at the moment, regardless of skin colout. Up there with Kendrick.

Take that back now.
Original post by Iggy Azalea
Hehe hehe

Hi igloo :L

I love all of TDE/Black Hippy members - School Boy Q <3333
I guess I have to give Action Bronson a chance lol
I love all of TDE/Black Hippy members - School Boy Q <3333
I guess I have to give Action Bronson a chance lol

His new album was great

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending