The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChoccyPhilly
I think interphase yeah, but I don't think anaphase is right. What happens at anaphase is that the DNA moves to opposite poles, but they're still in the same cell, so dna mass doesn't halve as the cell still has all its DNA, but in a different structure

Will they allow telophase?
Original post by Student23478

i think so, that is when the cell divides.
Original post by Student23478

I really don't know about that. All that happens in telophase is that chromosome recondense and the nuclear envelope forms, so all this is still in a single cell until cytokinesis, I think they'd be very harsh to not give you the mark but I have noticed that the mark schemes are more strict in f215 than f212 for example
Came out of that exam on a high thinking it went great. Definitely my best exam.

Then I logged on to the TSR.
Now I don't know what to do with my life anymore. 😒
Original post by Diamond Crafter
Came out of that exam on a high thinking it went great. Definitely my best exam. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Then I logged on to the TSR.<br />
Now I don't know what to do with my life anymore.
c4 and f212 were probably my best exams. Don't worry about it, I'm assuming you don't have any more exams left, so enjoy the fact that the burden has been lifted! What grades do you need?
c4 and f212 were probably my best exams. Don't worry about it, I'm assuming you don't have any more exams left, so enjoy the fact that the burden has been lifted! What grades do you need?

You're right there. However now I have the dark cloud of nervousness looming behind me. 😣 I need an AAB. Could really do with a bit of luck right now. What about you? What do you want to study?
You're right there. However now I have the dark cloud of nervousness looming behind me. 😣 I need an AAB. Could really do with a bit of luck right now. What about you? What do you want to study?

I too need AAB for biotech in york. The issue i have is that I'm a borderline A/B for biology and PE, so i'm very anxious for results day and tbh it couldn't come sooner with my future so uncertain!

However, it's nice not to get home and immediately sit down on my desk to turn on the light. I can revert back to internet procrastination now :smile:
I too need AAB for biotech in york. The issue i have is that I'm a borderline A/B for biology and PE, so i'm very anxious for results day and tbh it couldn't come sooner with my future so uncertain!

However, it's nice not to get home and immediately sit down on my desk to turn on the light. I can revert back to internet procrastination now :smile:

I know exactly where you're coming from. I'm trying to get into Bristol for Biochem and my AS's weren't helping me so really needed to boss this year.
That's so true, hence why I'm still awake at 1am. 😃 The binge watching of TV shows has already begun. 😉
I know exactly where you're coming from. I'm trying to get into Bristol for Biochem and my AS's weren't helping me so really needed to boss this year.
That's so true, hence why I'm still awake at 1am. 😃 The binge watching of TV shows has already begun. 😉

Same, I was at BBC with a mid C in biology, so I had to resit both unit 1 and 2 as well as some other resits and I really started to feel to weight of the resits in April. tbh, A2 wasn't too bad but biology was just a little meh.

haha well i wish you a good summer then :smile: 2 months is a long time but I guess it's made short when you've got game of thrones to start
I think interphase yeah, but I don't think anaphase is right. What happens at anaphase is that the DNA moves to opposite poles, but they're still in the same cell, so dna mass doesn't halve as the cell still has all its DNA, but in a different structure

Yeah I was thinking like that too so I said Cytokinesis... Not sure about it though. Weird exam, not sure what they wanted from me tbh, **** the A* I just want an A
Original post by AnnekaChan173
Yeah I was thinking like that too so I said Cytokinesis... Not sure about it though. Weird exam, not sure what they wanted from me tbh, **** the A* I just want an A

I put cytokinesis too. Thought there was a lot of synoptic F211 and F212 stuff in our F215. Also more F214 than F214 haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hilton184
I put cytokinesis too. Thought there was a lot of synoptic F211 and F212 stuff in our F215. Also more F214 than F214 haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

acc disgusting its not like they ran out of material. It's not fair.... all those past papers :/ I cannot relax at all and its only been one day after the exam :frown:
Bivalent just means that the homologous chromosomes condense. You should know from unit 1 that DNA replication occurs during interphase, which is when the DNA mass doubles. Why would the mass double during meiosis when division is already occurring?

Bivalvents are formed when two non sister chromatids cross over, that's incorrect.
Original post by Hilton184

Yeah ikr!?! It was such a joke, on the last page when they asked where the receptors were I didn't know whether to put post synaptic membrane or sarcolemma (I went with the latter) like what were they asking me
(edited 8 years ago)
Bivalvents are formed when two non sister chromatids cross over, that's incorrect.

Yeah ikr!?! It was such a joke, on the last page when they asked where the receptors were I didn't know whether to put post synaptic membrane or sarcolemma (I went with the latter) like what were they asking me

I put neuromuscular junction - best of both worlds :smile:
I put neuromuscular junction - best of both worlds :smile:

They said where specifically, I don't know if that's specific enough... I think the mark scheme's going to be quite lenient.
They said where specifically, I don't know if that's specific enough... I think the mark scheme's going to be quite lenient.

Well my logic behind it was that there can be different kind of receptors on post synaptic membranes, not necessarily ones for acetylcholine. I did put "neuromuscular junction - post synaptic membrane" but the majority of people have made me doubt my answer
Is there an unofficial mark scheme?
Well my logic behind it was that there can be different kind of receptors on post synaptic membranes, not necessarily ones for acetylcholine. I did put "neuromuscular junction - post synaptic membrane" but the majority of people have made me doubt my answer

They said where were the acetylcholine receptors, no? Tbh I think they'll give post synaptic neurone/ sarcolemma because they didn't word that question well at all. :/ not sure how I'm feeling about Biology now, I walked out and thought it was ok but I think I made some stupid mistakes
They said where were the acetylcholine receptors, no? Tbh I think they'll give post synaptic neurone/ sarcolemma because they didn't word that question well at all. :/ not sure how I'm feeling about Biology now, I walked out and thought it was ok but I think I made some stupid mistakes

Oh yeah but what I'm saying is that the receptors on the post synaptic membrane are not always acetylrcholine receptors but a neuromuscular junction will always contain acetylcholine receptors idk

I knew after doing 90% of the exam that I should probably forget about getting am A overall now. It wasn't bad but so many synoptic questions really makes me doubt if I got any and I feel like I have no idea how most of the paper went, still
Oh yeah but what I'm saying is that the receptors on the post synaptic membrane are not always acetylrcholine receptors but a neuromuscular junction will always contain acetylcholine receptors idk

I knew after doing 90% of the exam that I should probably forget about getting am A overall now. It wasn't bad but so many synoptic questions really makes me doubt if I got any and I feel like I have no idea how most of the paper went, still

Loooool then Sarcolemma is right

Literally the bronchioles Q I was crying inside pls

Quick Reply

Latest