The Student Room Group

AQA GEOG4B 19th JUNE 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sendhelp
Anyone know what % today is worth of year 13?

It is 40% of year 13. 20% of A-level as a whole.
Does anyone know a better style of map that would be suitable to presenting the data instead of choropleth maps and why? I've got advantages and disadvantages of choropleth maps but I haven't got an alternative.
Original post by subject1
It is 40% of year 13. 20% of A-level as a whole.

This exam itself is 20%, GEOG3 was 25%.
does anyone know of a better method to present data in fgure 7??
Original post by livtheblondie

It is 20% of A level, not 20% of year 13.
(edited 8 years ago)

Lemme break it down for you:

Whole course:
Geog 1 : 35%
Geog 2 : 15%
Geog 3 : 30%
Geog 4 : 20%

But for year 13:
Geog 3 : 60%
Geog 4 : 40%
Lemme break it down for you:

Whole course:
Geog 1 : 35%
Geog 2 : 15%
Geog 3 : 30%
Geog 4 : 20%

But for year 13:
Geog 3 : 60%
Geog 4 : 40%

Okay sorry my apologies I must have read it wrong. So if I got a C overall in year 12, what grades do I need in the exams this year to keep it at a C?
Original post by coronatheatre
does anyone know of a better method to present data in fgure 7??

I personally think that the one they used works well. The ones that I would improve would be the relief and cropland maps.
Okay sorry my apologies I must have read it wrong. So if I got a C overall in year 12, what grades do I need in the exams this year to keep it at a C?

It really depends on your UMS, if you got a high C last year then you can get a low D and still get a C.
Can someone help me why the geography of the area restricts heath care ? Also what do we need to know about how the data is presented ?
I personally think that the one they used works well. The ones that I would improve would be the relief and cropland maps.

What would you do in place of the relief and cropland maps?

what would be a better method to present these?
Reply 892
Does anyone know a better style of map that would be suitable to presenting the data instead of choropleth maps and why? I've got advantages and disadvantages of choropleth maps but I haven't got an alternative.

They're not necessarily better, but they could ask you for alternatives so you can talk about isoline maps, they're commonly used for rainfall as well as population and poverty.

Also proportional symbols and dot maps :smile:
Has Kenya reached its MDGs 15 marks what would you discuss in this ?
if we had to do the mann whitney test or the chi square test would we be given the formula?
Reply 895
AQA only gives out ONE per candidate per school. Your school has either given you unofficial ones before (i.e without the "a" on the side or stapled on the side) or you are not supposed to write on them.

They can obviously be photocopied mate, that's what my school has done. So we all have a copy to write on etc but have a clean one for the exam :banana2:
Original post by biojames
Has Kenya reached its MDGs 15 marks what would you discuss in this ?

I doubt this will be a question, because the simple answer is "Kenya hasn't" and they expire this year.

Perhaps a question could be "Why hasn't Kenya reached its MDGs"
or in the ZigZag "To what extent is Kenya likely to meet the MDGs"
Does anyone know any disadvantages of the website?
Original post by LiamG
They can obviously be photocopied mate, that's what my school has done. So we all have a copy to write on etc but have a clean one for the exam :banana2:

I know they can be photocopied, but my point was that AQA only distributes one copy. My school photocopies them too. However, some people here said they have written on the official one, so I assume their school has photocopied one in advance.

And your point being?
I doubt this will be a question, because the simple answer is "Kenya hasn't" and they expire this year.

Perhaps a question could be "Why hasn't Kenya reached its MDGs"
or in the ZigZag "To what extent is Kenya likely to meet the MDGs"

Any idea what you would put for these ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending