The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eekeek
.... and then square root it all?

square rooting would give you the root mean square speed, it asked for the mean square speed so don't square root
Don't know what's wrong with quoting.
Original post by Vincent Song
Don't know what's wrong with quoting.

No idea...
Original post by Reverse Swing
I've made an account just to tell you that it is UMS and not Ucas points lol.

Anyway thank you for the averages. I personally think that the A* would be around 55 for Unit 5A and 57 for Unit 4.

Oh yeah Silly me, I do know that so haven't got a clue why I put ucas.... Think it's been because I've been looking through my 'ucas' folder this morning lol!
Original post by CD223
Course! Everyone is free to PM me if they wish so it can be compiled quicker :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, if your making an unofficial mark scheme please could you put the amount of marks each part is worth please (if you know the amounts) thanks
Original post by Daniel....
No idea...

Yes, I think B-C should be included. Basically, you had to calculate the area of the loop. Well, because I missed 5 mark question out, I have no idea what the boundaries will be. Lol... Hope it will be lower than last year, coz I need an A*......
Yes, I think B-C should be included. Basically, you had to calculate the area of the loop. Well, because I missed 5 mark question out, I have no idea what the boundaries will be. Lol... Hope it will be lower than last year, coz I need an A*......

Right good...did you? I did the area under not just the loop...said net, so did the whole thing lol...
Yeah me too...where for for you? Imperial for me...
Right good...did you? I did the area under not just the loop...said net, so did the whole thing lol...
Yeah me too...where for for you? Imperial for me...

Same! Haha
Same! Haha

Oh...so how come we got different answers?
Oh...so how come we got different answers?

I meant imperial .....
I meant imperial .....

Oh...Maths?
I do applied and heres some of the maths answers i got :smile: god knows if they are right, anyone get similar?? :smile:

3671 revolutions
5.52x10^-3
1.43x10^-3
75 for graph area
0.63 or 63% for efficiency
7.62x10^7
Original post by Mattyhouse
I do applied and heres some of the maths answers i got :smile: god knows if they are right, anyone get similar?? :smile:

3671 revolutions
5.52x10^-3
1.43x10^-3
75 for graph area
0.63 or 63% for efficiency
7.62x10^7

Same bar the P-V graph which I got wrong I believe, then ovbiously power after that...got the same efficiency for last q but diff number after? Can't remember what it was...
Yes, I think B-C should be included. Basically, you had to calculate the area of the loop....

Not saying I'm right but.... B-C was horizontal I think. So constant pressure. So no compression so no work done ON the fluid. That was my reasoning. Hey ho.
Original post by eekeek
Not saying I'm right but.... B-C was horizontal I think. So constant pressure. So no compression so no work done ON the fluid. That was my reasoning. Hey ho.

I thought cos work=p*change in volume, so included it...but yeah, hey ho
Same bar the P-V graph which I got wrong I believe, then ovbiously power after that...got the same efficiency for last q but diff number after? Can't remember what it was...

Sweet at least that is a majority though :wink: Last questions i just rearranged efficiency =input/output cause it gave you output and efficiency =0.63 don't know if its right though?? :smile:
Original post by Mattyhouse
Sweet at least that is a majority though :wink: Last questions i just rearranged efficiency =input/output cause it gave you output and efficiency =0.63 don't know if its right though?? :smile:

Yeah exactly...I got a number with a slightly smaller power of 10 I think...same method I think tho...not too sure tbh
Does anybody know what the species involved in the beta decay in section A were?
Oh...Maths?

Bioengineering
Bioengineering

Cool! What's your offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending