The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Presque là
You think you got a good grade in physics? What grade u think u got?

my offer from Manchester is A*A*A but I think I will only get an A in physics :-(
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Rhyss01
The only universities I was really interested in going to was Manchester, Bath or Cardiff and they all gave similar offers. I thought I may not apply to a uni offering BBB or lower because someone else would want it more. If I had confirmed a place at DMU on results day or something I would've took a gap year and reapplied so it was pointless me applying to those universities....If that makes sense haha. But thanks anyway, do you know what websites to look at for research? Since I couldn't find any when I was looking after my first exam haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2423891

This is not exactly course specific but it could help a little. Also, you wouldn't have taken someone else's spot, because universities give more offers than the number of available places so if you hadn't gone there, it wouldn't affect anyone's chance to get into that uni.
Manchester want BBB from me (History, Maths, Physics) for their foundation Engineering course. Do you think they will be lenient at all?
Original post by rugger
Manchester want BBB from me (History, Maths, Physics) for their foundation Engineering course. Do you think they will be lenient at all?

Mmmm, why were you on a foundation course? And also what grades are you likely to get
Reply 2024
Original post by rugger

I reckon your grades are good enough for Entry to first year...If you atleast have one A
Original post by Presque là
Mmmm, why were you on a foundation course? And also what grades are you likely to get

I got BCD in AS and really wanted to go to a top uni/good city rather than go straight on a course at a place not as good. My A2 grades are looking to vary between ABB to BCC depending on the C4 and unit 5 exams.
Reply 2026
Original post by rachelc142
my offer from Manchester is A*A*A but I think I will only get an A in physics :-(

Whoa A*A*A what course is that for?
Original post by nhtw

Physixs obvs
Original post by nhtw

physics :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rugger

It's very difficult to predict something like that. It depends on how many places they have this year, how many other applicants meet their offers, how good the rest of your application was etc. It also depends which subject you drop a grade in. Getting a C in History isn't as bad as getting a C in Maths, obviously.

Original post by GoS-Co
I reckon your grades are good enough for Entry to first year...If you atleast have one A

Manchester usually asks for AAB for most of its BEng courses.
Original post by spikey234
Manchester want AAB from me for accounting and finance but i think im going to get BBB:/ theres no specific subjects for the course but will doing maths, chem and physics make them lenient? :/

No one knows, read this.
Hey guys, I have a question. I have an Unconditional Firm from Manchester (I already accepted it). When will I be able to register for the course??

Thank you :smile:
Original post by dcbasket97
Hey guys, I have a question. I have an Unconditional Firm from Manchester (I already accepted it). When will I be able to register for the course??

Thank you :smile:

Registration usually opens in September.
has anyone got any idea when freshers/ welcome week is?
Original post by chlr123
has anyone got any idea when freshers/ welcome week is?

21st of September onwards.
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
21st of September onwards.

I thought so, it's just I have seen some events saying it starts 13th September.
Original post by charlotteread_
I thought so, it's just I have seen some events saying it starts 13th September.

I think the earliest any events will take place will be the Thursday before (17th) but they'll be orientation based stuff geared towards international students. The earliest any major Welcome Week activities might start will probably be Saturday or Sunday evening as most people haven't moved in before then.
Original post by aeroecaps
Any international unconditional undergrad students received their CAS yet?

Original post by bloodoranges
My advisor (or the person who has kept in contact with me throughout the admissions process) said that I wouldn't receive my CAS until the end of June since the academic year does not begin until the latter portion of September. We'll probably be given our CAS on or after 19th of June.

Hey, so have you guys received the CAS?
Reply 2038
Manchester's requirements were annoyingly surviving specific for me. I need an A in biology, B in chemistry, and then either an A in geology (or 'geogology' as it's spelt on my offer) or a B in Welsh bacc.

Judging by how the exams went I honestly have no idea if I'll get in or not. The BY5 exam was so tricky.
Original post by thermodynamics
Hey, so have you guys received the CAS?

My advisor asked me to send my passport to verify my personal details for the CAS. She said that it would take 'within a week' for me to receive the number, but it's been longer than a week from when she confirmed the final draft.

Have you received your CAS number yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending