The Student Room Group

Anybody do these exams? And would like to give feedback.

OCR 21st century science Triple
AQA sociology
OCR psychology
Edexcel maths
Also, the coursework for triple science

What did you guys think of the exams? And how do you think you did?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Astro-Smarties
AQA sociology
OCR psychology
Edexcel maths

Edexcel maths- first paper was good but second paper -_-...

OCR Psychology- made very silly mistakes on unit 1, unit 2 was good but researxh methods went really bad :/

AQA sociology- went well but some parts went bad such as the use of some a level terms

OCR 21st century science coursework- lovedd the coursework and done really well on it but chose to move down to double science 2months before the exam so it kinda went to waste :smile: &so i cant really give feedback on the exam x
Original post by sarah1001
Edexcel maths- first paper was good but second paper -_-...

OCR Psychology- made very silly mistakes on unit 1, unit 2 was good but researxh methods went really bad :/

AQA sociology- went well but some parts went bad such as the use of some a level terms

OCR 21st century science coursework- lovedd the coursework and done really well on it but chose to move down to double science 2months before the exam so it kinda went to waste :smile: &so i cant really give feedback on the exam x

Yeah, i thought the same about maths. I don't understand why everybody was angry about the first paper...
What did you think of the single&additional exam papers? And i hated coursework, physics was the best put of the courseworks, though. :smile:
Reply 3
Omg i hated the coursework, i don't know if this is just at my school.
The experiment for biology was horrid, although we had to investigate something like homeostasis we used boiling tubes and tissue paper..? and we switched teachers during the year and our new teacher didn't have a clue what we were doing.
Im in top set triple at our grades were not great for biology coursework like I got a B...
our school for triple science we do b1b2b3 c1c2c3 p1p2p3 b4b5b6 c4c5c6 p4p5p6, does anybody else do it like this?if not how does your school do it?
btw this is for ocr 21st century
Yeah, i thought the same about maths. I don't understand why everybody was angry about the first paper...
What did you think of the single&additional exam papers? And i hated coursework, physics was the best put of the courseworks, though. :smile:

I really enjoyed the biology coursework aha, and yeah i agree i thought paper 2 was much harder than paper 1, i think eveybody over exagerated because of that one question(hannahs sweet)
Original post by jac_x
The experiment for biology was horrid, although we had to investigate something like homeostasis we used boiling tubes and tissue paper..? and we switched teachers during the year and our new teacher didn't have a clue what we were doing.
Im in top set triple at our grades were not great for biology coursework like I got a B...

Our coursework got screwed by rubbish teachers and we had to re-do it... I had A's and then we had to re do it so don't worry about your B:smile: as long as your exams were good it wont make that much difference i don't think.
Original post by sarah1001
our school for triple science we do b1b2b3 c1c2c3 p1p2p3 b4b5b6 c4c5c6 p4p5p6, does anybody else do it like this?if not how does your school do it?
btw this is for ocr 21st century

We do the 123s, then the 456s and then the 7s
Reply 8
AQA sociology
OCR psychology
Edexcel maths

AQA Sociology- Was okay and thought the second paper was easier than the first. Not quite sure why people think there were A Level terms in it because we'd been taught or had heard of most of them (except the marketisation one, but you could kind of guess that with what we had been taught) :smile:

Edexcel Maths- Non-calculator was easier than the calculator but they were both more difficult than previous years. I don't think the grade boundaries will go down by much, though 😔
Original post by jac_x

Same!! Except I feel like errrmmm well let me describe it. Have you ever had that moment where you spend at least 5hrs doing your coursework for a week (after school) and still get a B. And guess what. Theres a guy in the classroom who doesn't do nothing and gets the same grade as you or higher. Im just saying. Teachers are biased!
We do the 123s, then the 456s and then the 7s

How was P7? - I think it was quite hard
Original post by fyrestrix
How was P7? - I think it was quite hard

I thought it was quite hard as well but it could have been way worse. I think the questions were worded rubbishly. And seriously, the 11 marks worth of alien stuff:O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Morgan_
AQA Sociology- Was okay and thought the second paper was easier than the first. Not quite sure why people think there were A Level terms in it because we'd been taught or had heard of most of them (except the marketisation one, but you could kind of guess that with what we had been taught) :smile:

Edexcel Maths- Non-calculator was easier than the calculator but they were both more difficult than previous years. I don't think the grade boundaries will go down by much, though 😔

I liked the 1st one better, but then i thought the 1st topics were easier anyway so that may be why. I agree with the maths, i think i got around 60-70 marks on the first paper and then around 60 on the second so i should be fine i guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AQA sociology
OCR psychology
Edexcel maths

Exams were decent, B123 was quite surprising as it had barely any biology knowledge but rather felt like an FBCS/maths paper, P123 was much more time pressured in comparison to the other exams and in comparison to P456. All in all i think chemistry was the easiest out of the 3 and biology and physics were pretty much the same (This may not apply to all but it certainly seemed to apply to most peers at my school). Coursework for the triple sciences were okay as well, i got an A in bio and chem but a B in Physics so I'm hoping i did really good in my exams to get an A* (i think i did to be honest :biggrin:). I dint do OCR psychology, i did edexcel which was pretty good (10 marker was very pleasing as well). Don't do sociology either. Edexcel maths higher paper was pretty decent, i did better on paper 2 then paper 1 and i think i at least got an A, (however by marking myself based on the unofficial mark scheme i got 165, so i may scrape an A*) All in all, exams went well and i guess its just time to prepare for doing triple sciences and maths at A level now :frown: haha.
Original post by Fabthelion
Exams were decent, B123 was quite surprising as it had barely any biology knowledge but rather felt like an FBCS/maths paper, P123 was much more time pressured in comparison to the other exams and in comparison to P456. All in all i think chemistry was the easiest out of the 3 and biology and physics were pretty much the same (This may not apply to all but it certainly seemed to apply to most peers at my school). Coursework for the triple sciences were okay as well, i got an A in bio and chem but a B in Physics so I'm hoping i did really good in my exams to get an A* (i think i did to be honest :biggrin:). I dint do OCR psychology, i did edexcel which was pretty good (10 marker was very pleasing as well). Don't do sociology either. Edexcel maths higher paper was pretty decent, i did better on paper 2 then paper 1 and i think i at least got an A, (however by marking myself based on the unofficial mark scheme i got 165, so i may scrape an A*) All in all, exams went well and i guess its just time to prepare for doing triple sciences and maths at A level now :frown: haha.

woops just realsied you did OCR 21st century while i did OCR Gateway B ahaha nevermind then, i guess only the maths bit applies to you.
I thought it was quite hard as well but it could have been way worse. I think the questions were worded rubbishly. And seriously, the 11 marks worth of alien stuff:O

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree! The alien stuff made me feel a bit uneasy since I could be talking about a galactic war or signal loss - if you know what i mean :biggrin:

The exams could have been way worse, i shall disagree about the p123 exam as i thought that was quite hard in comparison to the other 123. Good luck with your results:smile: jesus, im doing chemistry, physics, maths and another undecided topic at A-Level. It may have to be sociology *sigh* as my option blocks are pretty rubbish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
woops just realsied you did OCR 21st century while i did OCR Gateway B ahaha nevermind then, i guess only the maths bit applies to you.

Oops! I just read this after i replied!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fyrestrix
I agree! The alien stuff made me feel a bit uneasy since I could be talking about a galactic war or signal loss - if you know what i mean :biggrin:

I was VERY confused as i was sure on the spec it said there was no evidence... But i think i did okay overall. I counted around 40 that i Deffinatly should have got.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Science - Only did additional but A*, i heard it was easy (especially biology)
Maths- 1st paper - B( Low), 2nd paper - A/A* (High A or Low A*)

Quick Reply

Latest