The Student Room Group

Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2015 Nominees

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kassi
I emailed the acceptance and the data processing form. But my doctor emailed the medical report. I also arranged and sent the medical report by post including copies of the other two forms.

OK.. I think there are different programme officers for the various universities.

I see. I scanned my medical form as well, as my doctor doesn't really use the internet that frequently.

Do you think I should post my forms as well?
Reply 61
Original post by BookDragon
I see. I scanned my medical form as well, as my doctor doesn't really use the internet that frequently.

Do you think I should post my forms as well?

If your programme officer acknowledged receipt of the forms I dont think is necessary to post them. But if you wish to post them you can do that.
I posted mine because the programme officer did not acknowledge receipt of my forms ealier. But she later replied to my mail. I just wanted to be sure that CSC receives my forms, that prompted the posting.
Original post by Kassi
If your programme officer acknowledged receipt of the forms I dont think is necessary to post them. But if you wish to post them you can do that.
I posted mine because the programme officer did not acknowledge receipt of my forms ealier. But she later replied to my mail. I just wanted to be sure that CSC receives my forms, that prompted the posting.

Yes he did indeed acknowledge my email with the forms.
I guess I'll wait for their email and if they ask for it ,will go ahead and post.

Let's keep in touch for this, it's nice to know a fellow future-scholar especially in the months preparing for arrival.
Reply 63
Original post by BookDragon
Yes he did indeed acknowledge my email with the forms.
I guess I'll wait for their email and if they ask for it ,will go ahead and post.

Let's keep in touch for this, it's nice to know a fellow future-scholar especially in the months preparing for arrival.

Hey guys, about the forms, i was advised by my school to scan and send all via email. Dat i did and my program officer has acknowledged receipt. I dont think there's need to post them. But remember to take all your original copies of all documents with u to the UK.
Reply 64
I am on the reserve list as well. I was nominated at Cambridge. I just got a mail telling me that I have put on the reserve list. Did anyone else get that mail?
Reply 65
Original post by kosb
Hey guys, about the forms, i was advised by my school to scan and send all via email. Dat i did and my program officer has acknowledged receipt. I dont think there's need to post them. But remember to take all your original copies of all documents with u to the UK.

Well you are right Kosb.... I sent some copies by post because I was afraid my programe officer didnt receive my forms. She later replied. Anyway my doctor signed two original copies of the medical report for me. I sent the other report to the CSC by post though he also emailed a copy to the programme officer. I did that just to be sure my forms get to them.
Reply 66
Original post by artinair
I am on the reserve list as well. I was nominated at Cambridge. I just got a mail telling me that I have put on the reserve list. Did anyone else get that mail?

Yeah, just got the same email, I frankly don't understand how we can be on the reserve list when almost all the the slots that Cambridge has have been given out and they are listed on the Cambridge trust website. Confused really!!
Reply 67
Original post by daemonhassan
Yeah, just got the same email, I frankly don't understand how we can be on the reserve list when almost all the the slots that Cambridge has have been given out and they are listed on the Cambridge trust website. Confused really!!

Really? There are 10 students nominated by Cambridge on the website? That's odd. And highly discouraging:frown:
Reply 68
Really? There are 10 students nominated by Cambridge on the website? That's odd. And highly discouraging:frown:

Yh , there are 9 names.
Reply 69
Yh , there are 9 names.

Be hopeful. .. anything can happen ok.
Reply 70
Yh , there are 9 names.

What are you going to study at Cambridge?
Reply 71
What are you going to study at Cambridge?

Mphil Planning growth and regeneration
Reply 72
Hey guys.... Any updates on the award letters?
Original post by Kassi
Hey guys.... Any updates on the award letters?

Hello..Nope. Still waiting.
Hahaha maybe :smile: JK What course are you going to study at Newcastle?
Reply 75
I got an update:h: My award has been confirmed by CSC and I have been directed to get in touch with a contact person at a local british council in my country to help with visa application and pre-departure briefing. I was told that the hard copy of the award confirmation letter has been despatched and this I wld use for the visa processing.

Anyone else with an update?
Reply 76
Original post by kosb
I got an update:h: My award has been confirmed by CSC and I have been directed to get in touch with a contact person at a local british council in my country to help with visa application and pre-departure briefing. I was told that the hard copy of the award confirmation letter has been despatched and this I wld use for the visa processing.

Anyone else with an update?

Thats great news... Still waiting for a response from the CSC. Who is your programme officer Kosb?
Reply 77
Original post by Kassi
Thats great news... Still waiting for a response from the CSC. Who is your programme officer Kosb?

Her name is Terri Jacques
Reply 78
Original post by kosb
Her name is Terri Jacques

My program officer is Irene Costello... We wll still wait further to see what wll happen. At Liverpool we are 3 scholars, the other two scholars too are from your place (Nigeria).
Reply 79
Mphil Planning growth and regeneration

So CSC has already awarded an Indian who is going to be studying MPhil in Education at Cambridge. Guess that rules me out :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending