The Student Room Group

OCR FP2 (not mei) 22/06/15

Couldn't find a thread for FP2 so thought id start one.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I remember you from the S2 thread - hope it went well for you! :smile:

I quite like FP2, with the exception of series and integrals :angry:. How are you feeling about it?
Reply 2
Original post by tbhlouise
Hey, I remember you from the S2 thread - hope it went well for you! :smile:

I quite like FP2, with the exception of series and integrals :angry:. How are you feeling about it?

It's alright yeah. Same as you really okay with everything apart from series and integrals...
I like everything apart from iteration which is just silly.
Just hoping I don't mess this exam up :tongue:
Original post by lllllllllll
Just hoping I don't mess this exam up :tongue:

Same here! FP3... :bricks:

I think I flunked STEP II today, really lost my motivation for FP2 because of it :frown:

I think I flunked STEP II today, really lost my motivation for FP2 because of it :frown:

FP3 was meant to secure the A* for me, one more above 90 (M2 and M3 already above 90), after that FP2 needs to be like 100 or I am screwed.
Original post by Jai Sandhu
FP3 was meant to secure the A* for me, one more above 90 (M2 and M3 already above 90), after that FP2 needs to be like 100 or I am screwed.

lol had to post this again. No idea how high though

lol had to post this again. No idea how high though

Your img isnt showing up QQ
Your img isnt showing up QQ

It was the too damn high grade boundaries meme for M3 I showed last time :smile:

Really am concerned with M3 now...I'm more uncertain with M3 than D2
It was the too damn high grade boundaries meme for M3 I showed last time :smile:

Really am concerned with M3 now...I'm more uncertain with M3 than D2

M2 and 3 boundaries are silly but I think I got 100 in M3 unless I made a silly mistake I didnt see and would have got 100 in M2 but I misread the mass of a particle so lets say like 70/72, I think I should already be ok but if I have mucked up in either then I am screwed so I need FP2 to be like 100%.
M2 and 3 boundaries are silly but I think I got 100 in M3 unless I made a silly mistake I didnt see and would have got 100 in M2 but I misread the mass of a particle so lets say like 70/72, I think I should already be ok but if I have mucked up in either then I am screwed so I need FP2 to be like 100%.

Really cba to do FP2 lol. I feel bad for not practicing but the content becomes incredibly repetitive. Wondering how can I take shortcuts on this :colone:
Really cba to do FP2 lol. I feel bad for not practicing but the content becomes incredibly repetitive. Wondering how can I take shortcuts on this :colone:

To be fair, FP2 is the most STEP like A level exam we do in terms of topics.
Hey guys, is this a valid way of expanding ln(x) using Taylors series?

ln(n)=ln(1+(n1))=n1(n1)22+(n1)33...+(1)r+1(n1)rr+...[br][br] ln(n) = ln(1+(n-1)) = n-1 - \dfrac{(n-1)^2}{2} + \dfrac{(n-1)^3}{3} - ... + (-1)^{r+1}\dfrac{(n-1)^r}{r} + ... [br][br]

Hang on a second.... :smile: I think I've just had an idea while writing this. I don't think you can because...

ln(x)x0 ln(x) \Rightarrow x \neq 0

so I guess my statement above is incorrect :ashamed2:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Does anyone know how to do the last question of June 2014?
Reply 16
Original post by Tomh97
Does anyone know how to do the last question of June 2014?

Could you post a link to the paper?
Reply 17
Original post by ertuu
Could you post a link to the paper?

Cant find the paper online anywhere, computer isnt letting me upload a photo of the question either:frown:
Original post by Tomh97
Cant find the paper online anywhere, computer isnt letting me upload a photo of the question either:frown:

I assume you mean 9) (iv)??

Basically δn+1g(α)δn \delta_{n+1} \approx g'(\alpha) \delta_n is just another iteration formula. So you can use iteration to find a value of n for δn<106δ1 \delta_n < 10^{-6} \delta_1
Hey guys, is this a valid way of expanding ln(x) using Taylors series?

ln(n)=ln(1+(n1))=n1(n1)22+(n1)33...+(1)r+1(n1)rr+...[br][br] ln(n) = ln(1+(n-1)) = n-1 - \dfrac{(n-1)^2}{2} + \dfrac{(n-1)^3}{3} - ... + (-1)^{r+1}\dfrac{(n-1)^r}{r} + ... [br][br]

Hang on a second.... :smile: I think I've just had an idea while writing this. I don't think you can because...

ln(x)x0 ln(x) \Rightarrow x \neq 0

so I guess my statement above is incorrect :ashamed2:

Don't worry, Taylor series isn't on the spec for FP2, though I would help if I could.

Is anyone here sitting S3? If memory serves, just over 300 people a year sit it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending