The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Why is everyone talking about astro?
Hi Guys,
I hope exams went smoothly. Here are the written test and the mark schemes for the A2 P and Q ISA's. Unfortunately neither the question papers nor the mark scheme of EMPA have been released but I will upload those as well once I get them.
Original post by ImNormal
It was 2 marks, not 3

Hmm..that makes sense.
For astrophysics 1(iv) there was maximum resolving angle I think because you had the values 1 and 5 something. Weren't you meant to compare the value to that or am I wrong. Because the value they gave was bigger then the maximum and so outside the range

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also how many marks was the question asking about the density of the nucleus? 2 or 3?

I forgot to divide my answer by 3.
Reply 3745
Original post by Reverse Swing
Also how many marks was the question asking about the density of the nucleus? 2 or 3?

I believe it was 3 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

wait, why did you need to divide it by 3?
(I don't remember the question)
wait, why did you need to divide it by 3?

I meant I got the formula wrong. I did 4pir^3 when it is actually (4/3)pir^3.
I meant I got the formula wrong. I did 4pir^3 when it is actually (4/3)pir^3.

Oh, lol. I hope I got that right
Original post by CD223
I believe it was 3 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks...I guess that's another 2 easy marks lost.

The test may not have been too challenging but we can expect the grade boundaries to be low. I'm sure there were a lot of things which caught people out.
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
Hi Guys,
I hope exams went smoothly. Here are the written test and the mark schemes for the A2 P and Q ISA's. Unfortunately neither the question papers nor the mark scheme of EMPA have been released but I will upload those as well once I get them.

Where did you get this bro? Do you have the unit 5 paper?
Thanks...I guess that's another 2 easy marks lost.

The test may not have been too challenging but we can expect the grade boundaries to be low. I'm sure there were a lot of things which caught people out.

I hope so, this was my worst exam since gcse. Accidentally missed the last 2 pages when I thought I finished. It's gonna suck knowing I missed my uni place because I didn't check the last page properly
Original post by ubisoft
I hope so, this was my worst exam since gcse. Accidentally missed the last 2 pages when I thought I finished. It's gonna suck knowing I missed my uni place because I didn't check the last page properly

Dude, the last page of the part A? (thermal and nuc physics)
If so, I also missed it, so it might've been somet with the paper lol
Original post by ubisoft
Where did you get this bro? Do you have the unit 5 paper?

No, sorry, but I will hopefully have the unit 5 paper by Saturday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
No, sorry, but I will hopefully have the unit 5 paper by Saturday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, can you PM me when you post them, thanks
Original post by ubisoft

Are you serious? Of Which section?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ubisoft

I almost did the same. What saved me was that I have a habit of making sure that I haven't missed the last page of an exam paper. I missed it once in a GCSE paper and I'm glad I did it then.

But I'm sure you weren't the only one to do that. I guess another reason why you can expect the grade boundaries to be low. :tongue:
Has anyone got a picture of the astro paper? I've bombed this exam. So many stupid mistakes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dude, the last page of the part A? (thermal and nuc physics)
If so, I also missed it, so it might've been somet with the paper lol

No on applied, they had a page which said "there are no questions on this page" or something like that so I thought it was the end :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ubisoft
Ok, can you PM me when you post them, thanks

I will upload them on here once i get them, but if you also want me to send them to you individually then no problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest