The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arkasia
Ah IDK, Arsenal fans love to hate a player after 1 bad game, and not stop hating them till they leave (not to mention start claiming that player is, and always has been, awful). This season it was Debuchy, Gibbs, Chambers, Ospina, Szczesny, and Welbeck.

Really don't get why people have been hating on Debuchy considering he's missed like 90% of the season
Don't understand Debuchy hate, man's been injured with freak injuries all season then stupidly picked for a physical semi final.

I expect him to flourish next season
Original post by AR_95
Really don't get why people have been hating on Debuchy considering he's missed like 90% of the season

Because they forgot that he put in good performances at RB and CB, and only remember the fact that he got a red card, and got injured. Our defence earlier in the season wasn't the greatest, and some fans needed someone to blame. Chambers was already being called ****, as was Merts, Monreal/Gibbs were good for the most part (Gibbs dropped off later), and some fans refuse to accept Koscielny can have off-days - Debuchy was selected as the fall guy.
Original post by Arkasia
Ah IDK, Arsenal fans love to hate a player after 1 bad game, and not stop hating them till they leave (not to mention start claiming that player is, and always has been, awful). This season it was Debuchy, Gibbs, Chambers, Ospina, Szczesny, and Welbeck.

Nah Ospinas the worst i've seen, even Almunia was accepted more.

:rofl:
Is Debuchy even going to get in the team ahead of Bellerin next season?
Bellerin and debuchy are both good options. Will be good to rotate for the cl ties.
People already know my thoughts about Debuchy. He distinctly average, he's the weakest senior defender in the squad.

He's early season performances very suspect. He fell into the overly attacking fullback typecast. Constantly going forward and leaving too much space behind. At the age of 29 I expected him to come with the experience to know basic positioning and defensive discipline. The guy obviously been running wild down the right flank through out his career, It's petty easy to tell he's hasn't transitioned as well as can be expected to top level club football.

The price we paid does not match the output from Debuchy. Say what you like about his freak injures, I know they weren't his fault but that doesn't matter, the reality is we've wasted £12M on a player we expected to come in straight away and do a job. We'll be lucky to get £2M from Lille

Maybe writing off one season would be acceptable if he was 25/26 but he'll be 30 at the start of next season not sure if he can offer Arsenal anything significant really. Bellerin for all his faults and holes in his game we can see he is leaning and improving I wouldn't like to see Debuchy start over him tbh

On top of this we should have kept Sagna instead of paying more for an inferior RB. Sagna could have become a quality CB plus he would have had alot more experience to offer Bellerin through mentoring.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Nah Ospinas the worst i've seen, even Almunia was accepted more.

:rofl:

That's one of the most tragic things I've seen all week. Amazing that these people consider themselves fans.
Why am I seeing Arsenal fans saying Cech > DDG all of a sudden.
What's this about Claude committing?
Original post by angelfox
What's this about Claude committing?

What did Claude commit?
Possibly suicide. Hope he's ok
Original post by Stefano93
What did Claude commit?

allegedly yes.

so sad :frown:
Monreal was a write off up until this season. He still has plenty of time, he's a defender not a striker
Really sad to hear claude may have committed, I didn't agree with a lot of what he said but tbh aftv is the best and worst thing to happen to someone like him. Made him a target and from his rants one could suspect he was susceptible to depression, hope he's OK, aftv wouldn't be the same without him
allegedly yes.

so sad :frown:

This best be some bull****, I can't believe it. No way.
Original post by leinad2012
Really sad to hear claude may have committed, I didn't agree with a lot of what he said but tbh aftv is the best and worst thing to happen to someone like him. Made him a target and from his rants one could suspect he was susceptible to depression, hope he's OK, aftv wouldn't be the same without him

@simplycookie is that you?

Apparently it wasn't down to AFTV was down to falling out with family
@simplycookie is that you?

Apparently it wasn't down to AFTV was down to falling out with family

I don't use twitter, i have an account to check up on my local teams live score updates, have had a look on twitter tonight to see what was happening though
Original post by Stefano93
This best be some bull****, I can't believe it. No way.

it's not looking good
seen some deplorable tweets

hope Claude is ok man.

depression is such a silent killer.

Latest