The Student Room Group

STEP 2015 Question Papers (I/II/III)

As a thank you for all the help I've gained from TSR, I've attached the STEP 2015 Question Papers - I/II are attached, III is to come (have to wait 24 hours till after the exam). [continued in next post]

Sorry about the quality, but hopefully the questions are just about readible. Enjoy, and to those who took it, best of luck!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Until you get an unblemished copy of III here's mine from the exam:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljag5a221el8wsh/step%20iii%202015.pdf?dl=0
Reply 3
Original post by Gawain
Until you get an unblemished copy of III here's mine from the exam:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljag5a221el8wsh/step%20iii%202015.pdf?dl=0

Awesome, that's the lot then. How did you find it?
Reply 4
Original post by Omghacklol
Awesome, that's the lot then. How did you find it?

I managed to take it home with me. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Gawain
I managed to take it home with me. :smile:

Ah, as in how you found the exam I meant haha :smile:
Reply 6
Ah, as in how you found the exam I meant haha :smile:

Oh lol.

I thought it was a very reasonable paper. Mechanics slightly more involved than normal but quite a few easy pure's (1,2,5,8).
Reply 8
As a thank you for all the help I've gained from TSR, I've attached the STEP 2015 Question Papers - I/II are attached, III is to come (have to wait 24 hours till after the exam).

Sorry about the quality, but hopefully the questions are just about readible. Enjoy, and to those who took it, best of luck!

Brilliant.

But is it possible to rescan STEP 1 (3) i.e. Q7 & Q8 - it's quite tricky to read. :wink:
I still cannot believe for STEP 1 question 7 I managed to misread -1/3≤x≤1 as 1/3≤x≤1 lol, shouldnt be many marks lost though (hopefully).
Reply 10
Thanks! I might have a go at the questions I didn't try on STEP 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In case you've missed this.

Although the picture format is crap for the iPad. Can someone do me a massive favour and PDF them?
Original post by shamika

Although the picture format is crap for the iPad. Can someone do me a massive favour and PDF them?
:ditto:

Also, I really don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but please, please, please, when people upload things, can they make sure they have the correct orientation? It's a real pain when they come in sideways for me...
Reply 13
Original post by shamika

Original post by DFranklin
:ditto:

Also, I really don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but please, please, please, when people upload things, can they make sure they have the correct orientation? It's a real pain when they come in sideways for me...

I've loaded and re-orientated the JPGs into PDFs.
You should be able to get STEP I, II and III from my Google Drive here:

Edit: re-linked and tidied up (also removed notations from STEP III)
http://bit.ly/2015-STEP-papers
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
What will be the grade boundaries for STEP 1 this year? Personally I found this year harder than 2014.
As a thank you for all the help I've gained from TSR, I've attached the STEP 2015 Question Papers - I/II are attached, III is to come (have to wait 24 hours till after the exam).

Wheres step ii applied?
Reply 16
Original post by newblood
Wheres step ii applied?

In the next post
Hi. Questions 7 and 8 on the STEP 1 paper are too blurred to read. Could someone post a clear copy of the page with these questions on it? Thanks.
Original post by AndrewTom
Hi. Questions 7 and 8 on the STEP 1 paper are too blurred to read. Could someone post a clear copy of the page with these questions on it? Thanks.
I am fairly sure these two questions read:

Q7: Let f(x)=3ax26x3f(x) = 3ax^2 - 6x^3, and for each real number a, let M(a) be the maximum of f(x) in the range 13x1-\frac{1}{3} \leq x \leq 1.

Determine M(a) for a >=0. (The formula for M(a) is different in different ranges of a, you will need to identify these ranges).

Q8: Show that:

(i) 1 + 2 + 3 + ... + n = n(n+1)/2
(ii) If N is a positive integer, m is a non-negative integer and k is a positive odd integer, then (Nm)k+mk(N-m)^k + m^k is divisible by N.

Let S=1k+2k+3k+...+nkS = 1^k + 2^k + 3^k + ... + n^k. If n is odd show that S is divisible by n, and if n is even that S is divisible by n / 2.

Show further that S is divisible by 1 + 2 + 3 + ... + n.
Hi. Sections B and C of STEP 2 seem to be missing. Could someone supply them? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending