The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel P3

Need to know which bits to emphasize on babes.
Reply 1
Original post by Libaan
Need to know which bits to emphasize on babes.

Lol just finished my exam. Have you? How did you do? I found it much easier that the C3 and B3 exams.
Reply 2
I found it quite difficult actually.. And my strength out of all the 3s in P3
Reply 3
Original post by Bahcaci

Really? Was there a specific area which you found difficult, or was it the whole paper in general? My strong area of science is in physics aswell, but I expected the exam to be much harder than it turned out to be. How did you find the C3 exam? I found it quite difficult to be honest.
Original post by Bahcaci

Same, i know ive lost around 4 marks, just hoping its enough to get me an A*. P3 was one of my favorites out of all the science units. Slightly annoyed with myself, dreading to find an A in the next two months.
Reply 5
Original post by Izceman
Really? Was there a specific area which you found difficult, or was it the whole paper in general? My strong area of science is in physics aswell, but I expected the exam to be much harder than it turned out to be. How did you find the C3 exam? I found it quite difficult to be honest.

I think the second question was quite unexpected because I hadn't come across that kind of analogy to do with gases, the paper wasn't "hard" but I have done better papers in the past. For the C3, it was ok, but again there was a few challenging areas, however I did revise things like Ethyl Ethanoate very well so I am hoping for a minimum A.

Original post by unifiedfield
Same, i know ive lost around 4 marks, just hoping its enough to get me an A*. P3 was one of my favorites out of all the science units. Slightly annoyed with myself, dreading to find an A in the next two months.

We just have to bare in mind that this is just 25% of our grade, so an A or A*, along with consistent As & A*s (including the controlled assessment), should boost our grade up very nicely..
Reply 6
Original post by Bahcaci
I think the second question was quite unexpected because I hadn't come across that kind of analogy to do with gases, the paper wasn't "hard" but I have done better papers in the past. For the C3, it was ok, but again there was a few challenging areas, however I did revise things like Ethyl Ethanoate very well so I am hoping for a minimum A.

We just have to bare in mind that this is just 25% of our grade, so an A or A*, along with consistent As & A*s (including the controlled assessment), should boost our grade up very nicely..

True.
Original post by Izceman
I found it much easier that the C3 and B3 exams.
I agree

People dream of being in your position, don't flaunt it!
Original post by 04MR17

People dream of being in your position, don't flaunt it!

Need an A* in order to get into physics AS at my school, not trying to flaunt anything, just honestly hoping i get a guaranteed spot in the course.
Need an A* in order to get into physics AS at my school
What?????
And by the way if you need an A* for the AS what do you need for the full A Level?
Original post by 04MR17
What?????
And by the way if you need an A* for the AS what do you need for the full A Level?

You need an A* to guarantee a spot in the course, which included both AS and A level (cant just do AS). And if I get an A then it means I'd be on the list for spare places :/
(edited 8 years ago)
You need an A* to guarantee a spot in the course, which included both AS and A level. And if I get an A then it means I'd be on the list for spare places.
The new A Level is what it says, a full two year course with all the exams at the end of two years. The As is not part of that any more and is a separate one-year qualification with exams at the end of the year.
Original post by 04MR17
The new A Level is what it says, a full two year course with all the exams at the end of two years. The As is not part of that any more and is a separate one-year qualification with exams at the end of the year.

Just gotten used to saying AS as the first year, and A level being the second year of the course. Not sure if that makes much sense.
Just gotten used to saying AS as the first year, and A level being the second year of the course. Not sure if that makes much sense.
Fair enough, but don't limit yourself to AS. You want two years of physics, yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Nightmare for me!

Quick Reply

Latest