The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD223
I'd call it incredibly frustrating rather than funny :wink: I'm sure we've both worked harder than our grades reflect this year. Thanks man! Just praying I did well enough in maths really - my other subjects don't mean as much to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats very true! I know, all that hard work and nothing to show for it! :/ me too, im the same with chemistry! Just worried that horrible F324 exan will bring down my grade! Did you see about that on the news? The OCR chemistry paper, had questions not even on our spec! :/ good luck for M2! See you in september! :wink:
Reply 2541
Original post by HennersPD
Thats very true! I know, all that hard work and nothing to show for it! :/ me too, im the same with chemistry! Just worried that horrible F324 exan will bring down my grade! Did you see about that on the news? The OCR chemistry paper, had questions not even on our spec! :/ good luck for M2! See you in september! :wink:

Yeah I've had my fair share of odd and bad exams. My physics unit 4 paper was in the news too - it had a typo in it! Which made the question impossible to answer.

Then if that wasn't enough, my unit 5 papers were stolen from a van and we had to have replacement papers that were really odd compared to past papers. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah I've had my fair share of odd and bad exams. My physics unit 4 paper was in the news too - it had a typo in it! Which made the question impossible to answer.

Then if that wasn't enough, my unit 5 papers were stolen from a van and we had to have replacement papers that were really odd compared to past papers. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im sure weve both got the grades we need and if not theyll let us in if we miss a grade hopefully!
Reply 2543
Im sure weve both got the grades we need and if not theyll let us in if we miss a grade hopefully!

I hope so! I've yet to finish 2/4 of my A levels :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I hope so! I've yet to finish 2/4 of my A levels :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha youll be fine! Whens your last exam then? :smile:
Reply 2545
Haha youll be fine! Whens your last exam then? :smile:

Mechanics 2 is on Monday, Computing unit 3 is on Tuesday then I'm finally done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2546
Guys!

Can I have D1 together with S2 applied to Maths? Is that a valid combination?
Original post by CD223
Mechanics 2 is on Monday, Computing unit 3 is on Tuesday then I'm finally done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah sweet! good luck in those :smile:
Reply 2548
Ah sweet! good luck in those :smile:

Thanks man! Hoping they go well enough so I can join you for a pint this September :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Thanks man! Hoping they go well enough so I can join you for a pint this September :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope mine have gone well enough too or i'll have to plead with Bath on results day haha! :wink: good luck man!
Reply 2550
I hope mine have gone well enough too or i'll have to plead with Bath on results day haha! :wink: good luck man!

Well, I've certainly heard of them letting people in even if they miss a grade so fingers crossed! I do think it's unfair they upped the offer on you though. Never heard of that so late in the year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
L
Original post by CD223
Well, I've certainly heard of them letting people in even if they miss a grade so fingers crossed! I do think it's unfair they upped the offer on you though. Never heard of that so late in the year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know i think it's disgraceful! Both my parents and school have complained so hopefully that'll count for something come results day! Are you feeling good for M2 amd Computing? :smile:
Reply 2552
I know i think it's disgraceful! Both my parents and school have complained so hopefully that'll count for something come results day! Are you feeling good for M2 amd Computing? :smile:

I'm sure you won't be the only ones to have complained as well - don't worry about it too much. I'm sure they'll listen.

Erm, hard to say! M2 really depends on the paper (June 2014 was one of the easiest papers but January 2013 was one of the hardest, so you can never tell). Computing is okay, the biggest challenge is keeping it up for the 3 hour exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I'm sure you won't be the only ones to have complained as well - don't worry about it too much. I'm sure they'll listen.

Erm, hard to say! M2 really depends on the paper (June 2014 was one of the easiest papers but January 2013 was one of the hardest, so you can never tell). Computing is okay, the biggest challenge is keeping it up for the 3 hour exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope they will! Ah ok, good luck then, 3 hours is that your longest exam?!
Reply 2554
I hope they will! Ah ok, good luck then, 3 hours is that your longest exam?!

Yep :biggrin: M2 was solid today so I wanna hopefully finish on a good note!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yep :biggrin: M2 was solid today so I wanna hopefully finish on a good note!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah nice! Did computing go well? :biggrin:
Reply 2556
Ah nice! Did computing go well? :biggrin:

Yeah thanks! Hardest part was staying awake for 3 hours :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah thanks! Hardest part was staying awake for 3 hours :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha that doesn't surprise me!! :biggrin:
Well, seeing how some people are still active in this thread, I'll take this opportunity to ask what the 'agreed upon' rough estimate for the grade boundaries for C3 and C4 are?

Personal worst-case scenario marks:
C3: 70/75 (completely messed up Q2 of all things :/, so I guess there goes the 100 UMS I should really have achieved)
C4: 64/75 (that paper did not go well at all, lost 6 marks through not answering the last vectors question and not finishing finding the coordinates of C - topping it off with some very silly mistakes losing me a mark here and there ;().

To put it simply, I'm worried that I've dropped a bit below 90 UMS in C4, considering that the paper wasn't objectively that difficult, and will thus require >90 UMS in C3 to achieve an A*. Of course, I'm aware that the consensus regarding the difficulty of C3 was that is was much harder than previous papers (and will therefore have lower grade boundaries); however, I would still very much appreciate it if anyone could provide a set of rough grade boundaries to calm my apprehension for results day. Pl0x AQA be lenient :O!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2559
Original post by datpr0
Well, seeing how some people are still active in this thread, I'll take this opportunity to ask what the 'agreed upon' rough estimate for the grade boundaries for C3 and C4 are?

Personal worst-case scenario marks:
C3: 70/75 (completely messed up Q2 of all things :/, so I guess there goes the 100 UMS I should really have achieved)
C4: 64/75 (that paper did not go well at all, lost 6 marks through not answering the last vectors question and not finishing finding the coordinates of C - topping it off with some very silly mistakes losing me a mark here and there ;().

To put it simply, I'm worried that I've dropped a bit below 90 UMS in C4, considering that the paper wasn't objectively that difficult, and will thus require >90 UMS in C3 to achieve an A*. Of course, I'm aware that the consensus regarding the difficulty of C3 was that is was much harder than previous papers (and will therefore have lower grade boundaries); however, I would still very much appreciate it if anyone could provide a set of rough grade boundaries to calm my apprehension for results day. Pl0x AQA be lenient :O!

I wouldn't worry. I'm in your position too. I can see boundaries for Core 4 being around 63 for an A* and for Core 3 being around 65 for an A*. So your core 3 will make up for core 4. At least I hope so as I'm also in the same situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending