The Student Room Group

Uni lost exam paper what can I do

I have ended up having a 2:2 in my degree. In my second year I sat land law paper did the whole paper all three sections( I didn't do amazing the first bit I ****ed up but the rest I think was ok) I got my results and it said land law = deemed to not have sat. At first I thought maybe my grade was so low they wrote that but then when I called i was told I never showed up to the exam, it took weeks of arguing they kept saying I never sat the paper and was basically lying. Eventually I was lumbered with 50%. Oddly a month later appanrtly my part A showed up but the rest of my paper never turned up and uni still claim I didn't sit it.

I get my grade breakdowns on Tuesday if this land law exam counts against me and the 50% has dragged me down even if it's a high 2:2 to a low or a third do I have a leg to stand on ? Is there anything I can do ? Hate feeling like ive been lumbered with this mark and can't change it
Gosh that seems like a right nightmare what uni?
Reply 2
go in and cause havoc
Reply 3
wow that's a nightmare
Doesn't your uni take attendance for exams? At mine we had to sign in a form saying we were fit to sit the exam at the beginning of every exam (which proves we were there) and the invigilators also came around and noted who had attended the exam.
Original post by Keyhofi
Doesn't your uni take attendance for exams? At mine we had to sign in a form saying we were fit to sit the exam at the beginning of every exam (which proves we were there) and the invigilators also came around and noted who had attended the exam.

I said that and made them produce the forms they then told me that I signed the form and left and still didn't sit the paper. I was told I either had to resit or accept 50 but they only told me aboht the resit option 4 days before the exam
Original post by SillyMilly
I said that and made them produce the forms they then told me that I signed the form and left and still didn't sit the paper. I was told I either had to resit or accept 50 but they only told me aboht the resit option 4 days before the exam

At least you do have the option to resit.

Have you looked into the Office of the Independent Adjudicator?
https://oiahe.org.uk/making-a-complaint-to-the-oia/can-the-oia-look-at-my-complaint-complaints-wizard.aspx

They deal with complaints from students against universities. This may be just what you need.
Original post by Keyhofi
At least you do have the option to resit.

Have you looked into the Office of the Independent Adjudicator?
https://oiahe.org.uk/making-a-complaint-to-the-oia/can-the-oia-look-at-my-complaint-complaints-wizard.aspx

They deal with complaints from students against universities. This may be just what you need.

No I haven't oh thank you so much that would be great least I'll have some backing or something to make them take me seriously. I'm sort of trying to prep myself for results day so I can go in and make a massive fuss and not be fobbed off like I have the past year
No I haven't oh thank you so much that would be great least I'll have some backing or something to make them take me seriously. I'm sort of trying to prep myself for results day so I can go in and make a massive fuss and not be fobbed off like I have the past year

Have you spoken to your SU? They're there for situations exactly like this and will know uni policies inside out. Sounds like an official complaint job though.

If you were to get a :dontknow: response from the uni then I'd go to the OIAHE but only after you've exhausted every other option. :smile:
Reply 9
I have ended up having a 2:2 in my degree. In my second year I sat land law paper did the whole paper all three sections( I didn't do amazing the first bit I ****ed up but the rest I think was ok) I got my results and it said land law = deemed to not have sat. At first I thought maybe my grade was so low they wrote that but then when I called i was told I never showed up to the exam, it took weeks of arguing they kept saying I never sat the paper and was basically lying. Eventually I was lumbered with 50%. Oddly a month later appanrtly my part A showed up but the rest of my paper never turned up and uni still claim I didn't sit it.

I get my grade breakdowns on Tuesday if this land law exam counts against me and the 50% has dragged me down even if it's a high 2:2 to a low or a third do I have a leg to stand on ? Is there anything I can do ? Hate feeling like ive been lumbered with this mark and can't change it

If i was you, i would bring in a solicitor. Don't you have registers to sign in for the exam?
Report them thats bloody awful
I can't find my old
Post but just to say thanks for everybody who gave Me advise on my ecf and lost exam papers: I had a meeting today and ive now got a 2:1!:smile: thanks for all your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending