The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LewisJacquesWait
I know, feel like we are entering a pretty anti-social department. Best pray for interesting room-mates if that's the case haha

Maybe it's cause the Maths with Stats course admits about 30 people in total each year...
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Biological Sciences! :smile:
Original post by a96clark
Maybe it's cause the Maths with Stats course admits about 30 people in total each year...

Then I hope your normal and pretty social haha
Anybody hoping to be studying in the Maths and Stats Dept?

I am and I'm hoping that they let me in with A*A*B step 1 1/s on an A*AA offer
Original post by JulianLL
I am and I'm hoping that they let me in with A*A*B step 1 1/s on an A*AA offer

I'm in a similar boat, got a further exam tomorrow that decides my 2nd A* if I can. Not sure my physics was up to scratch for the A though. Surely the secondary offer of AAA with a 2 in STEP isn't as good as what your saying with A*A*B with a 1 in STEP? You'll be fine
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm in a similar boat, got a further exam tomorrow that decides my 2nd A* if I can. Not sure my physics was up to scratch for the A though. Surely the secondary offer of AAA with a 2 in STEP isn't as good as what your saying with A*A*B with a 1 in STEP? You'll be fine

safe to say we are in the same boat, fp2 didn't go as well as I hoped, physics was a disaster, not sure i would have got an A either, but i still have s3 tmr to go, do u do aqa physics? I do economics as well but I was never good at it
Original post by JulianLL
safe to say we are in the same boat, fp2 didn't go as well as I hoped, physics was a disaster, not sure i would have got an A either, but i still have s3 tmr to go, do u do aqa physics? I do economics as well but I was never good at it

FP2 was god awful! Bloody hell that was the worst exam I've ever sat. I'm on AQA for Maths, Further and Physics. It's strange how similar our situations are... Wish you all the best for tomorrow mate.
FP2 was god awful! Bloody hell that was the worst exam I've ever sat. I'm on AQA for Maths, Further and Physics. It's strange how similar our situations are... Wish you all the best for tomorrow mate.

thx there I do ocr maths and further and AQA physics hopefully they will be nice on the misprint and just give everyone the marks otherwise I would be in deeeeeep trouble for an A in physics
Anyways hopefully I'll see u in October
Original post by a96clark
Yes! I can't seem to find anyone else though...

Me too. Woo
Hi people, now exam are finished I'm finally getting round to accommodation. The Warwick website says many of the accommodation sites will be affected by building work disruption. Does anyone know specifically which places are badly effected( i.e. you'll be living in the middle of a building site) and which are just on the outskirts of where the building work takes places and so disruption is minimal.

Thanks
Reply 1050
erm... any firmed data science applicants here?
Hey :biggrin: although I'm in year 12 I wanna go to Warwick to study Chemistry or Biochem

Does anyone have these offers? :biggrin:
Original post by pchuan
erm... any firmed data science applicants here?

At last. Yes me, not heard from many people
Ded thread tbh
Hoping Warwick will accept A*ABB as an AAA equivalent ._.
Original post by Iridann
Hoping Warwick will accept A*ABB as an AAA equivalent ._.

What course?
Original post by Computer Geek
What course?

Comp Sci.
Paranoid I've dropped my 3rd offer grade.
Original post by Iridann
Comp Sci.
Paranoid I've dropped my 3rd offer grade.

Oooh I firmed Warwick for Comp Sci unconditionally. I've heard of the odd 1/2 people getting into the course with AAB, but that included A in Maths and it's the odd person and not the majority. Best thing to do is wait till your results actually come out and see what you got, then call Warwick on results day (the earlier you do it, the better chance you have of convincing them how suitable you are for the course).

And I guess if you're able to get A*AB with A* in Maths and A in lets say FM or Computing or Physics, then I see no reason as to why they should reject you.
Original post by Computer Geek
Oooh I firmed Warwick for Comp Sci unconditionally. I've heard of the odd 1/2 people getting into the course with AAB, but that included A in Maths and it's the odd person and not the majority. Best thing to do is wait till your results actually come out and see what you got, then call Warwick on results day (the earlier you do it, the better chance you have of convincing them how suitable you are for the course).
And I guess if you're able to get A*AB with A* in Maths and A in lets say FM or Computing or Physics, then I see no reason as to why they should reject you.

Warwicks my insure, fingers crossed ay.
I have the A in maths from last year but it should be an A* this year.
Original post by Iridann
Warwicks my insure, fingers crossed ay.
I have the A in maths from last year but it should be an A* this year.

What did you firm?

Yeah the most important thing to them is your Maths grade so if you're that confident about it you should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest