The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by missfats

What happened to your adab and akhlaaq? :curious:
So uni is finished and its the holidays but i'm reflecting on how I've only got one year left and what I've learned from uni. Well here it is in a nut shell. I really.. REALLY don't like cadaan people. Some of the most dumbest things and most racially unacceptable things come out of their mouths. Girls. Boys it doesn't matter. I can't decide which one of them are horrid. I'm turning into my mother.
Original post by Zizi11
So uni is finished and its the holidays but i'm reflecting on how I've only got one year left and what I've learned from uni. Well here it is in a nut shell. I really.. REALLY don't like cadaan people. Some of the most dumbest things and most racially unacceptable things come out of their mouths. Girls. Boys it doesn't matter. I can't decide which one of them are horrid. I'm turning into my mother.

Why you hating on us white skin Cadaan Somalis for?

What have the light skin Somali people done to you?:huff:
Original post by Enrique suave
Why you hating on us white skin Cadaan Somalis for?

What have the light skin Somali people done to you?:huff:

If your Somali. Were cool. I'm talking about cadaan people. Pure yt. English, American, etc etc. Pure evil.
When I was at 6th form, it was fine. Everyone was getting along. I come to uni and the most racist **** comes from cadaan people. And I'm tired of how untolerant they are. I wish I went to a uni with more black people.
Original post by Zizi11
If your Somali. Were cool. I'm talking about cadaan people. Pure yt. English, American, etc etc. Pure evil.

I think all this fasting might be getting to your head, you might be suffering from dehydration.

And yes I am Somali, but I have love for all ethnic backgrounds including the pale man.:yes:

They have allowed me to get an education in their "English" educational system, when me and my family were refugees in this country, now I have a British passport.:cry2:

Good times!!!
I think all this fasting might be getting to your head, you might be suffering from dehydration.

And yes I am Somali, but I have love for all ethnic backgrounds including the pale man.:yes:

They have allowed me to get an education in their "English" educational system, when me and my family were refugees in this country, now I have a British passport.:cry2:

Good times!!!

That's good for you. If you don't agree with me that's fine. But I'm tired of being racially abused by cadaan people. So let me vent yeah?
Original post by Zizi11
That's good for you. If you don't agree with me that's fine. But I'm tired of being racially abused by cadaan people. So let me vent yeah?

What sort of things have they said to you?
Original post by mmmmmmmmmmmmm
What sort of things have they said to you?

Niggerrrrrrrrr. All black people are ******* here. The arabs are called sand ******* which I haven't heard in years. The anti blackness is real and in full force. I can't wait to leave. I should of going to uni in London, less anti blackness more black people. This is what happens when you end up accepting a placement in a nearly white city. I don't want people to feel sorry for me. Its just that it can get tiring being the only black person who doesn't allow white people to call them derogatory words. I see my other Africans, Nigerians, Ghanians just allow it and it kills me. I had to slap a white boy for calling me a monkey in first year. Its not funny when people come up and try and touch your hair. Or ask if you like chicken or watermelon or anything. My mum told me to get my education and leave the country which is what I will be doing but I've just never felt so much hatred from so many people that are white constantly. I think that's what kills me.
Original post by Zizi11
Niggerrrrrrrrr. All black people are ******* here. The arabs are called sand ******* which I haven't heard in years. The anti blackness is real and in full force. I can't wait to leave. I should of going to uni in London, less anti blackness more black people. This is what happens when you end up accepting a placement in a nearly white city. I don't want people to feel sorry for me. Its just that it can get tiring being the only black person who doesn't allow white people to call them derogatory words. I see my other Africans, Nigerians, Ghanians just allow it and it kills me. I had to slap a white boy for calling me a monkey in first year. Its not funny when people come up and try and touch your hair. Or ask if you like chicken or watermelon or anything. My mum told me to get my education and leave the country which is what I will be doing but I've just never felt so much hatred from so many people that are white constantly. I think that's what kills me.

Ok, but what part of the UK do you go uni?
Ok, but what part of the UK do you go uni?

Hull.
Original post by Zizi11
Hull.

Oh, well I am from London, so Idk about no Hull.

No-one is racist out here, I think London is the best city England.:tongue:
Oh, well I am from London, so Idk about no Hull.

No-one is racist out here, I think London is the best city England.:tongue:

London is diverse, I'm from Sheffield which has two great unis but I wanted to study three to four languages and couldn't do that at either uni. and thought Hull would be fine since the campus looked nice and seemed okay and the language department is one of the best in the country. It was probably the worst decision I've ever made. I have one year left and then I get to leave. It hasn't only been bad in terms of racism and people here never having to see a black person since coming to uni. There's also a huge divide between students and locals here..they hate each other. I don't blame the locals sometimes. Not enough jobs. Just awful.
Ma ficantihiin?
Original post by Zizi11

Woah, that's crazy. People try to touch your hair? Lol wut

Is this your last year at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woah, that's crazy. People try to touch your hair? Lol wut

Is this your last year at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had people come up to me because they have never seen a black person before. And they come up and try and touch my hair so I grab their arms and tell them this ain't a petting zoo. Some old lady on my way to work was like..black people used to sit at the back of the bus in my time. I just about died. I have one more year of uni and I'm praying to god I survive without any major incidents. I can't take a repeat of last year or the year before that. First year was the worse, it was such a culture shock.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zizi11
I've had people come up to me because they have never seen a black person before. And they come up and try and touch my hair so I grab their arms and tell them this ain't a petting zoo. Some old lady on my way to work was like..black people used to sit at the back of the bus in my time. I just about died. I have one more year of uni and I'm praying to god I survive without any major incidents. I can't take a repeat of last year or the year before that. First year was the worse, it was such a culture shock.

I'm sorry to hear that. Just hang on in there and be strong. It's only another year, after that you can get the hell out of that toxic place and never turn back. ::hugs:

And i've never heard anything like it before. It can't be everyone though right? Do you have any white friends there? My bio teacher graduated from hull and he is one of the nicest people i know.

Also, is it just the students or do you experience racism from the lecturers too? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zizi11

What do you mean you've had people come up to you because they've never seen a black person before? Stop lying, this 2015 not 1915:lol:.

Everyone has seen a black person, at least once in their lives.

You're just a troll.:sigh:
I'm sorry to hear that. Just hang on in there and be strong. It's only another year, after that you can get the hell out of that toxic place and never turn back. ::hugs:

And i've never heard anything like it before. It can't be everyone though right? Do you have any white friends there? My bio teacher graduated from hull and he is one of the nicest people i know.

Also, is it just the students or do you experience racism from the lecturers too? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My two friends have both just graduated. One will be working here till December but the other has gone back to London. I miss her already. I have a couple of white friends that don't drive me insane and aren't racist from what I've seen. If it was everyone, I would have dropped out.

My lecturers are really nice its just the students. I seem to encounter the most meanest people, its anything from going to work, going out with friends. I feel like I'm being tested lmao.
What do you mean you've had people come up to you because they've never seen a black person before? Stop lying, this 2015 not 1915:lol:.

Everyone has seen a black person, at least once in their lives.

You're just a troll.:sigh:

No they haven't. There are places in this country where there are barely any black people.
I don't expect you to understand since you live in London. Some other cities aren't as diverse.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest