The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

For the love of God... one of my kids scored 52/60!
Reply 3641
Original post by Pigster

Sorry are you here to boast or what? First you were acting like a moderator and now you're just making everyone else feel bad because it was hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
On the challenge website it says the paper can be taken from 12-21st june. Which is weird considering 21st is a sunday. It says the markscheme will be available from 21st
Original post by lfcrules
On the challenge website it says the paper can be taken from 12-21st june. Which is weird considering 21st is a sunday. It says the markscheme will be available from 21st

I suspect that they haven't updated it (since 2011?).

This year, it was today.
Original post by Pigster

Was that me? I might be one of your kids.
(edited 8 years ago)
Does anyone know which college the residential is at? And approximately when in the Summer holidays?
Original post by Renzhi10122
Does anyone know which college the residential is at? And approximately when in the Summer holidays?

On the back of the past papers , it says st catherines college in the list of organisations which support the challenge/they want to acknowledge. However it hink the residential might be justvat the chemistry department in general and not a specific college
any predictions for bronze award boundary?
Original post by lfcrules
On the back of the past papers , it says st catherines college in the list of organisations which support the challenge/they want to acknowledge. However it hink the residential might be justvat the chemistry department in general and not a specific college

Yeah, I was too busy working out what that anion was to look at the acknowledgements. I would assume that everybody would be at one college, since it makes the administration much easier, but I guess we'll see after grade boundaries are out.
Does anybody know when the grade boundaries will be published?
Original post by Ewanclementson

I'm getting my results on Tuesday. nervous. it'll probably up by then

June 29th, I think.
Isthe mark scheme out yet?
Teachers have a copy.
Original post by Pigster
June 29th, I think.

Thank you, I got 44/60 and so I may or may not have Rg depending on the boundaries.
Thank you, I got 44/60 and so I may or may not have Rg depending on the boundaries.

Well done! One of my friends managed to get exactly the same as well :smile:

HOW!?!? THAT PAPER WAS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT LANGUAGE FOR ME. *sigh*
Reply 3657
Original post by Mary_7
HOW!?!? THAT PAPER WAS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT LANGUAGE FOR ME. *sigh*

same here probs private school person lol
Can anyone help with Gold level questions?? The hints already given arent helping me
Where is the mark scheme?

Quick Reply

Latest