The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leinad2012
Just lol, you'd have thought these lads would have learnt not to take the bait, actually painful to see 2 posters get absolutely mugged off on such a regular basis but fall for the trick again and again.

Quite surprised Cech signing is all but complete, never thought Chelsea would sell, and certainly won't celebrate until it is on the Arsenal website. To be honest £14mil is a lot, but if it helps us win the league it's nothing, United did the same with RVP a few years ago.

I miss Baconbutty. He was the best poster on this forum BY FAR.

Shed End is merely there in his absence.
This thread really has gone downhill, no wonder the actual fans would rather be supporting a mid table championship team than put up with shallow insults from plastic supporters and glory hunters
SR wants to be one of the cool kids

Anyways Wilshere's getting a 100Kpw contract? Doesn't play nearly enough games to warrant that ffs
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by shawn_o1
This thread really has gone downhill, no wonder the actual fans would rather be supporting a mid table championship team than put up with shallow insults from plastic supporters and glory hunters

Come on pal, man up, if you're gonna talk smack at least name and shame said "plastic supporters and glory hunters".

As for wilshere's contract I don't particularly mind, so long as we get rid of deadwood we'll be covered, I expect him to play a decent role next season as I cant see cazorla keeping that CM position for too long

Agreed tbh.
Agree tbh initially I couldn't stand Baconbutty but later realised he was one of the best posters on this forum :lol:
Butty just sounded like someone in serious need of professional help, he showed no expertise in anything and came here to insult because it was the only way for him to be noticed
Butty just sounded like someone in serious need of professional help, he showed no expertise in anything and came here to insult because it was the only way for him to be noticed

Actually no, he said what most people wouldn't say on the thread, call out other people who were talking ****e and destroyed people in arguments and was then branded a troll because people didn't like his opinions. Think after that he went along with the troll image because it was way too easy otherwise, outside of his trolling he was actually a nice guy :tongue:
He went too far with the trolling. Was funny at first but when he started personally attacking people he had to go.

Nwakaeme was still better though.
So Howedes has rejected a move to Arsenal. I still remember that Schalke v Madrid game was maaard.
Original post by Stefano93
So Howedes has rejected a move to Arsenal. I still remember that Schalke v Madrid game was maaard.

I'm calling bull**** from him tbh, Wenger has made it very clear that CB isn't a priority and he wasn't planning on signing anyone to play there as we have 3 very good options +Chambers +2 fullbacks who could play there.

Still, I guess you can never tell

You must be incredibly stupid to.not realise the irony in any statememt you make on people who 'troll' threads, as you never actually contrubute anything about Arsenal as a club. As for the gloryhunter comment, I'd be more than willing to bet you (and many others on here) started supporting the club in the late 90'd and early 2000s, when funnily enough Arsenal were the best team in the country, so gloryhunter tags coming from Arsenal fans are hilariously shortsighted.

Just because there are other posters on the forum not worried to post about the.negative aspects of your club, doesn't make them trolls. This all started because I posted a photoshop that one of your twitter warriors posted, from what every neutral on this thread would agree, is far and away the worst fanbase on social media in football.
Original post by The Shed End
You must be incredibly stupid to.not realise the irony in any statememt you make on people who 'troll' threads, as you never actually contrubute anything about Arsenal as a club. As for the gloryhunter comment, I'd be more than willing to bet you (and many others on here) started supporting the club in the late 90'd and early 2000s, when funnily enough Arsenal were the best team in the country, so gloryhunter tags coming from Arsenal fans are hilariously shortsighted.

Just because there are other posters on the forum not worried to post about the.negative aspects of your club, doesn't make them trolls. This all started because I posted a photoshop that one of your twitter warriors posted, from what every neutral on this thread would agree, is far and away the worst fanbase on social media in football.

After United, of course.
Original post by leinad2012
I'm calling bull**** from him tbh, Wenger has made it very clear that CB isn't a priority and he wasn't planning on signing anyone to play there as we have 3 very good options +Chambers +2 fullbacks who could play there.

Still, I guess you can never tell

Yep agree with CB not being needed anyway we bought Gabriel in to do the work if Mert happens to be on a decline and Chambers who can play the position as you've mentioned. Not sure if bs or not from Howedes but i'm Inclined to say that he was might have been approached as with Juventus going in after him too.

I hope we get a competent GK though and maybe a wc forward in next month's transfer window, wishful thinking but still :moon:
Original post by sr90
After United, of course.

Debateable, United were more consistent, arguably a bit luckier at certain times, when Arsenal won the League/FA Cup they were a brilliant team to watch

Will be funny to watch the.contrast in the way Chelsea and Arsenal fans treat their ex-players, already is, but.can guarentee that Cech will get a very good reception back at the bridge.
Original post by The Shed End

statememt

90'd

contrubute

Then there's all the full stops
(edited 8 years ago)
Lol @ this

:rofl: at that ^
Missed out 'contrubute'. **** typo corrector
I'm leaving uni after my first year on Thursday and I am going to have to take down my Sanchez poster. My heart is breaking.

Latest