Probably CASE tools. I can never remember all of them :frown:

I don't like application generators. I never remember them :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I don't like application generators. I never remember them :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully they won't come up as the last question :biggrin:
Reply 203
Stomach full from buffet. Cookies reading for crazy sugar overdose before exam. Lets do this. :woo:
Reply 204
Original post by unknown192
Hopefully they won't come up as the last question :biggrin:

Hoping for a compilation process question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 205
Original post by 8472
Stomach full from buffet. Cookies reading for crazy sugar overdose before exam. Lets do this. :woo:

Haha! Are you going to that revision session tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Capture.PNG

Can you explain the process of the algorithm and how to use the recursive algorithm?

I always get so confused. I mean the dry run of it, thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 207
Original post by CD223
Haha! Are you going to that revision session tomorrow?

Good question. :beard:

It may be best for me and i'd like to but a couple other bits and bobs for me to sort out tomorrow sadly so can't make it. :indiff: We totally should have setup a college thread on TSR and had huge multiple class discussions. :awesome:
Reply 208
Original post by actanide
Capture.PNG

Can you explain the process of the algorithm and how to use the recursive algorithm?

I always get so confused. I mean the dry run of it, thanks

The algorithm is a recursive algorithm. Recursive algorithms are a special type of algorithm. The key features of any recursive algorithm is that is must call itself and and must also have a terminating condition or a base case which terminates the recursive calling of the function.

From the example given, the function calls itself when the line "set Fvalue = Fvalue(num-1) + Fvalue(num -2)" is performed if the value of the parameter "num" is greater than 2.

The function has the terminating condition where num = 1 or num = 2, when Fvalue is set to 0 and 1 respectively. The algorithm terminates when num takes either of these two values.

The calculation performed is the Fibonacci calculation of the nth number in the Fibonacci sequence, where Num = n. Each consecutive number in the Fibonacci sequence is the result of the sum of the previous two numbers in the sequence.

If Num=4 is used:

Fvalue(4) = Fvalue(2) + Fvalue(3)

So:
Fvalue(4) = Fvalue(2) + Fvalue(2) + Fvalue(1)

Meaning:
Fvalue(4) = 1 + 1 + 0

So:
Fvalue(4) = 2

Does that help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
The algorithm is a recursive algorithm. Recursive algorithms are a special type of algorithm. The key features of any recursive algorithm is that is must call itself and and must also have a terminating condition or a base case which terminates the recursive calling of the function.

From the example given, the function calls itself when the line "set Fvalue = Fvalue(num-1) + Fvalue(num -2)" is performed if the value of the parameter "num" is greater than 2.

The function has the terminating condition where num = 1 or num = 2, when Fvalue is set to 0 and 1 respectively. The algorithm terminates when num takes either of these two values.

The calculation performed is the Fibonacci calculation of the nth number in the Fibonacci sequence, where Num = n. Each consecutive number in the Fibonacci sequence is the result of the sum of the previous two numbers in the sequence.

If Num=4 is used:

Fvalue(4) = Fvalue(2) + Fvalue(3)

So:
Fvalue(4) = Fvalue(2) + Fvalue(2) + Fvalue(1)

Meaning:
Fvalue(4) = 1 + 1 + 0

So:
Fvalue(4) = 2

Does that help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my, thats so confusing haha,but I get it now! Thank you :smile:
Reply 210
Original post by actanide
Oh my, thats so confusing haha,but I get it now! Thank you :smile:

No problem :smile: recursion is an odd topic to get your head around aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 211
Original post by unknown192
Probably CASE tools. I can never remember all of them :frown:

You just need to remember some of these points:

A CASE tool is a computer program/ piece of software used in the design or development of a computer application.

(provides a number of functions which) assist with design / testing, etc.
provides a data dictionary
includes a graphics / diagram production feature
may include a code generator
may provide repositories of reusable code
may provide project management tool(s)
may incorporate version control
may carry out report generation
may include prototyping tool accepted but not expected

from the summer 2010 Q10 Mark scheme
Reply 212
Original post by jt663

A CASE tool is a computer program/ piece of software used in the design or development of a computer application.

It's also worth extending points with examples.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 213
Original post by CD223
It's also worth extending points with examples.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, they often give marks for them when they don't ask. Mark scheme is very weird. They give marks for stuff they don't ask for and you could put something correct and get no marks for it if its not what they wanted you to say.
Original post by jt663

It's much easier to revise from in that format. Thank you :smile:
Reply 215
Original post by jt663
Yeah, they often give marks for them when they don't ask. Mark scheme is very weird. They give marks for stuff they don't ask for and you could put something correct and get no marks for it if its not what they wanted you to say.

I personally hate the way it's examined. It makes no sense. Sometimes a 1 mark question requires two underlined phrases just for a single mark and other times they don't care!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I personally hate the way it's examined. It makes no sense. Sometimes a 1 mark question requires two underlined phrases just for a single mark and other times they don't care!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i think we all hate it! The only advice i would give is use as much technical terminology as possible, sometimes the marks are only given if certain words are used
Always use examples, even if they dont ask
and always write something even if it seems somewhat irrelevant - there is a chance you could pick up marks, and as far as i understand the only time you can get marks deducted for being wrong is for putting too many forgien keys in the 3rd normal form database design question!
Reply 217
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, they set it up to be easy to mark I think. Best thing to do is just to right as much as you know about what they're asking about unless they say 'give 2 points' and with 3 hours thats okay.
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

The WJEC board is so ridiculous when it comes to marking; but they basically copy the same questions every year as well, which I cant complain about because all you have to do is learn the mark scheme
Does anybody know what the grade boundaries are to get an A/B? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest