The Student Room Group

Father's Day is ****

So, a little background. My parents are separated. I'm 17 at the moment, the oldest of five children. My dad ****ed off to our home country and abandoned all 5 of his kids when I was 10, about 3 weeks after the youngest child had been born. He left for FIVE YEARS, in which time we had very little contact with him. During those five years, he also cheated on my mum multiple times (they were separated at that time). He returned when I was 15 and, rather amusingly (!), gave my mum an STD. It was then that she (as well as the rest of us) found out that my dick of a father had slutted it up whilst gone.
Anyways, he's been back for two years now is being just as much of a horrible person as he always was. He's trying to blackmail my mother into quitting her job and selling all of her property so that she's totally dependent on him. Obviously my mum's not going to do as he says but she's struggling to raise five children on her own- he literally refuses to support us unless she does as she says. He's also extremely emotionally (and once even physically) abusive towards my mother; every time he sees her, he insults her- he calls her stupid, a slut, a whore, a bitch, crazy etc. etc. My mother is such a hard worker, she works 6 days a week just to support all of us and she really doesn't deserve this sort of abuse on a daily basis.
My dad is also quite cunning- he's managed to get all of my siblings on his side through emotional manipulation and bribery. So they don't say anything him to him or do anything, they're happy because he gives them £20 a week (each!) to spend on sweets etc. I'm actually the only person on my mum's side. I'm not as easily swayed as my quite frankly stupid siblings. Because I refuse to be bribed, my dad now hates me. He finds every opportunity to yell at me and threaten me. It's mainly because I used to be super close to my dad, before he left. I guess he can't deal with the fact that I'm not dumb enough to be fooled by him.

Anyways, my post today is prompted by the fact that's it's father's day today. My mum and I are always civil towards my dad- he gets easily angered so being pleasant is all we can do. We invited him into the house to give him his father's day card and the minute he entered the house, we could tell he was itching for a fight. He immediately starts yelling at my mother about my sister's phone contract, a minor problem which could easily be solved. Their argument goes on for about 10 minutes before I interject and say to my mother that all she needs to do is set up a new email. To my dad I say, and I quote: 'It's really not necessary to send us a copy of all the emails'. He snaps, and screams at me, threatening to beat me up so bad that I will have to call social services. My mum doesn't say anything, so he continues on for a good 5 minutes until I give up and tell him to get the **** out of our house. He leaves. Ironically, this isn't even the worst it's been. He's done worse before, but I dealt with it. Why it hurt so bad is because I was making a special effort to be nice to him, even though he is a ****ty person.

Anyways, this post is long enough- main point is: how do I keep him away from my family? My mum refuses to get a divorce, because she's super religious. Do we have legal grounds for a restraining order? Or could we maybe get child protection services involved?

Thanks TSR :h:

tl;dr my dad is an abusive *******, is it possible to get a restraining order?
Reply 1
EDIT: Yeah, just realised that there's a grammatical error in the title, sorry! :tongue:
oh wait today is father's day lol
is he mentally retarded?
Reply 4
Original post by Man.bear.pig
oh wait today is father's day lol

Haha, yeah it is :lol:

Original post by Ripper Phoenix
is he mentally retarded?

Quite possibly. He's a psychotic ****, that's all
Damn bruh, I know the feel. My dad was a dick and did the same as yours, exept for going back home; but that’s cuz he had a heart attack and is scared of leaving. Tbh, I think you should just confront him. Tell him hes a piece of ****, none of you are dependant on him right? Talk about it with your mum aswell, why hasn’t she kicked him out yet? I mean, if we look at it from a selfish perspective you’ve only got a few years of living there. But your mum and siblings are gunna have to live thru it…The thing about child protection is, stay away imo. I was on it for 2 years of my life and it was BS. They moved us out of our family home and town, into a different city living in womens refuge. The people there check up on you all the time, one of the workers told us they used to check our rooms after we left! Even pots and pans. Social workers are also wankstains, they made a case that our MOTHER was a danger to us. Almost got put into care lmao…Imo, you and your mum should join forces and kick him out. Get some of your friends to jump him(okay maybe not).Good luck tho. I hate my dad
Reply 6
if that was me i would have boxed him up bruh, no lie.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Damn bruh, I know the feel. My dad was a dick and did the same as yours, exept for going back home; but that’s cuz he had a heart attack and is scared of leaving. Tbh, I think you should just confront him. Tell him hes a piece of ****, none of you are dependant on him right? Talk about it with your mum aswell, why hasn’t she kicked him out yet? I mean, if we look at it from a selfish perspective you’ve only got a few years of living there. But your mum and siblings are gunna have to live thru it…The thing about child protection is, stay away imo. I was on it for 2 years of my life and it was BS. They moved us out of our family home and town, into a different city living in womens refuge. The people there check up on you all the time, one of the workers told us they used to check our rooms after we left! Even pots and pans. Social workers are also wankstains, they made a case that our MOTHER was a danger to us. Almost got put into care lmao…Imo, you and your mum should join forces and kick him out. Get some of your friends to jump him(okay maybe not).Good luck tho. I hate my dad

****, that sounds like a nightmare dude :frown: lol, i feel like such a whiny little cow when people like you have it so much worse than I do :frown:
He's been kicked out, yeah, he has his own place now. But he's always round here.

Original post by HarpZsc
if that was me i would have boxed him up bruh, no lie.

Haha, I'm a fairly skinny girl so trying to take on a fully grown man who goes to the gym about 4 times a week would probably not have gone well :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending