The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP3 June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nayilgervinho
Do I get a choice of doing s2 or fp3 first and if I do which one should I choose.

Depends on your school. In mine I am the only one doing FM and hence FP3 while others are doing S2 so naturally I do S2 first. If you can choose, go for S2; the easier paper first is a good rule.
Reply 641
I doubt you will get a choice. Ye do the easier paper, warms your brain up for the real maths
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Depends on your school. In mine I am the only one doing FM and hence FP3 while others are doing S2 so naturally I do S2 first. If you can choose, go for S2; the easier paper first is a good rule.

Id be tired so im doing fp3 first as im fresh and working at 9.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What paper is the hardest??

Posted from TSR Mobile
where can I find grade boundaries for the June 2014 IAL??
Reply 645
Original post by Navo D.
If I get stuck on a "show that" question on reduction formulae/loci I'm just going to write down a bunch of working and then say "therefore *show that answer* (QED)" and hope for the best

Good luck to everyone!

My teacher who marks some of the papers says if there's a really long proof and he sees the right answer at the end, he'll generally just give all the marks. lol.
Original post by keromedic
I got 68 last year. Hopefully I improve. I'm up at 1ish to cram till the exams. S2 cramming went well so hoping for an A in that.

68/75 or 68 UMS?
Reply 646
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42

I prefer the 'hardest paper first' rule, hence FP3 at 9am for me :colone:
Reply 647
How do you know if a component of an eigenvector is independent (can be anything)? Would it just not appear in the equations when you expand?
Reply 648
Original post by Elcor
How do you know if a component of an eigenvector is independent (can be anything)? Would it just not appear in the equations when you expand?

Yeah. It can be anything if it isn't present in any of the equations you have.
Original post by Elcor

I would think that you get something after doing the determinant usual way that indicates it. i.e 0lambda equals 0
Reply 650
Original post by TeeEm
integration practice

Straight Maths, Further Maths and beyond

integration_indefinite_mixed_up_student_version_condense.pdf

Hey do you have a link to all the fp3 questions by topic, that would help me out a lot thanks
Original post by Elcor

yeah, if you can't deduce it from your equations then it's independent
Reply 653
So sinh(arsinh3) is 3, but how do you calculate sinh(2arsinh3)?
Do you think the paper will be easier than june 2014 ial
Original post by bwr19
So sinh(arsinh3) is 3, but how do you calculate sinh(2arsinh3)?

Either use sinh(2x)=2sinh(x)cosh(x) (and express cosh(x) in terms of sinh(x) using c^2 -s^1=1), or express arsinh(3) in terms of logs, and use log laws

Well line AB is r=(2,1,-2)+(1,1,-2)λ so you substitute this to r*(1,1,-2)=19 get t=2 thus r of B=(4,3,-6)
Original post by Vesniep
Well line AB is r=(2,1,-2)+(1,1,-2)λ so you substitute this to r*(1,1,-2)=19 get t=2 thus r of B=(4,3,-6)

Thanks, can you also help me with june 2014 9a I can;t do it.

https://3a14597dd5c7aa2363f0675717665774b02557b0.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYQWE5bVRTVE9BLW8/June%202014%20QP%20-%20FP3%20Edexcel.pdf
Reply 658
Original post by Gome44
Either use sinh(2x)=2sinh(x)cosh(x) (and express cosh(x) in terms of sinh(x) using c^2 -s^1=1), or express arsinh(3) in terms of logs, and use log laws

Ah...that makes a lot of sense. Good idea. Thanks!
Can someone show me how to do part a and explain it to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending