The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rayquaza17
ahhhh got my exam results!
Finishing second year with a 82.9% average.
Exam marks were: 77,77,81,81,88,94

I'm so pleased with the 94 in Differential Equations. :heart:

That's brilliant, well done!

that is amazing! well done :party:

Wow that's amazing! Congrats!!! 🎉🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was my mark for Differential Equations in my second year :zomg: Well done! Now to see where you do your PhD :ahee:
Reply 2244
Hi everyone!

I just posted my latest blog, this might be useful to some of you guys.

'11 Things I Wish Someone Had Told Me Before I Went To University'https://tahneatnewman.wordpress.com/2015/06/22/11-things-i-wish-someone-had-told-me-before-i-went-to-university/

Tahne
Original post by James A
That's brilliant, well done!

Original post by lilGem
that is amazing! well done :party:

Original post by Psyc_Girl
Wow that's amazing! Congrats!!! 🎉🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Slowbro93
That was my mark for Differential Equations in my second year Well done! Now to see where you do your PhD

Thank you!
I wish I was still a student. This job hunting thing is depressing me. Too qualified for Minimum wage jobs. Underqualified for grad jobs.
Start my summer research next week for 2 months! been told I'll be taught how to write a report up to a publishable report from a lab notebook etc :biggrin:

should put me in good stead for next year :redface:

results in about 2 weeks though!

and may have excitedly ordered some books for next year :colondollar:

Those are some amazing results, congratulations! :biggrin:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Those are some amazing results, congratulations! :biggrin:

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
I've been living at home during my Bachelors. Planning on moving out if I do a Masters.

I like being a student only because I can get loans. I'm finding looking for part time jobs so hard!

That's fair enough :smile: I did really enjoy the experience of living away for my undergrad, so coming back home seems like a bit of an anticlimax, even though I love my family!

Yep, not having the loan anymore is sad. I've got some work for the summer which I'm starting later this week - I look forward to having some money...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations - those are amazing!

Get my final results on 29th :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by codle
That's fair enough :smile: I did really enjoy the experience of living away for my undergrad, so coming back home seems like a bit of an anticlimax, even though I love my family!

Yep, not having the loan anymore is sad. I've got some work for the summer which I'm starting later this week - I look forward to having some money...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i can't imagine living away and having to come back. So I decided to stay at home and save up so I can move out and not have to boomerang back home.

Is it a grad job? or summer job? I'm having a hard time finding work. I have a decent amount of money saved up but I really just want to work so I can stop feeling like I'm shut inside all day.
Yeah i can't imagine living away and having to come back. So I decided to stay at home and save up so I can move out and not have to boomerang back home.

Is it a grad job? or summer job? I'm having a hard time finding work. I have a decent amount of money saved up but I really just want to work so I can stop feeling like I'm shut inside all day.

Ah that's fair enough :smile: although I really enjoyed the time I had living away - I lived with some great people and we're talking about living together again in the future.
It's a summer job, mostly admin stuff, but there's a chance of being able to do it part time when I start my masters in September :smile: and I know what you mean - I sat around and didn't do anything today, it would be good to do some work. Although once I'm working I'll probably wish I had more free time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by codle
Ah that's fair enough :smile: although I really enjoyed the time I had living away - I lived with some great people and we're talking about living together again in the future.
It's a summer job, mostly admin stuff, but there's a chance of being able to do it part time when I start my masters in September :smile: and I know what you mean - I sat around and didn't do anything today, it would be good to do some work. Although once I'm working I'll probably wish I had more free time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It must have been a fun three years. My degree sucked because I was constantly surrounded by my pushy parents.

That's a pretty cool job there. I'm trying to find something like that so I can go travelling for a while next year (need to earn enough) and start a Masters next year.

I don't care about not having more free time. I just want work. I might send out my CV to temp agencies after I get my degree results. I don't know if they'd take someone in without much experience though.
It must have been a fun three years. My degree sucked because I was constantly surrounded by my pushy parents.

That's a pretty cool job there. I'm trying to find something like that so I can go travelling for a while next year (need to earn enough) and start a Masters next year.

I don't care about not having more free time. I just want work. I might send out my CV to temp agencies after I get my degree results. I don't know if they'd take someone in without much experience though.

Ah that's a shame. Still, your uni experience isn't the be all and end all - there are lots of opportunities to have fun in life :smile:

Yep hopefully it'll be a good job, I got it by chance. I know what you mean about not knowing if people will take you without much experience though. Travelling and a masters sound like good plans :smile: I have a friend who's doing some travelling this summer but I think she's concerned about money too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by codle
Ah that's a shame. Still, your uni experience isn't the be all and end all - there are lots of opportunities to have fun in life :smile:

Yep hopefully it'll be a good job, I got it by chance. I know what you mean about not knowing if people will take you without much experience though. Travelling and a masters sound like good plans :smile: I have a friend who's doing some travelling this summer but I think she's concerned about money too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish I could get a job my chance. I might consider taking up a job as a carer if I don't get anything.

Money is a problem. Which is why I'm considering teaching English abroad, maybe South America.
Trying to find a paid placement for my placement year is stressful 😁 I really don't know where to look. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any UoN students particularly chemmistry students able to answer this..

Is there supposed to be an SSO tab in our moodle homepage and are we supposed to be able to access it?
Original post by Psyc_Girl
Trying to find a paid placement for my placement year is stressful 😁 I really don't know where to look. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm guessing your a psychology student? What area of Psychology are you interested in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending