The Student Room Group

A2 AQA ICT June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shannonamyolive
Could any one tell me why the size of an organisation effects the backup and recovery procedures?

Posted from TSR Mobile

One example would be the type of storage media would differ. If you're a large organisation you'll need disks, whereas small could get away with an external hard drive.
Reply 321
Original post by thepatel_1
Anyone know how to answer this

How must UCDM comply with the data protection act?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You would have to say how UCDM will follow each of the 8 principles of the data protection act,
e.g. UCDM should not keep data about their volunteers for longer than needed e.g. once a volunteer has left, UCDM does not have any right or need to keep that volunteers information and so should delete it.
Original post by ilovebombay
THIS, cannot get my head round this, might have to make a stupid song haha.

i dont think you can answer a generic questions, all of this are related to different stages of development
Original post by KAKAKA17
For a question that refers to testing, how do you guys know which types to talk about - since there are so many..?

Requirements based testing
Program testing
System testing
Regression testing
Alpha testing
Beta testing
Hardware testing
Software testing
Functional testing
User testing
Operational testing
White box testing
Black box testing

Way too many types, can you use any of them to answer a generic question about testing or are there keywords that tell you which to talk about?

i dont think you can answer a generic questions, all of this are related to different stages of development
Reply 324
Can someone explain what is meant by a formal project management methodology? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eug297
You would have to say how UCDM will follow each of the 8 principles of the data protection act,
e.g. UCDM should not keep data about their volunteers for longer than needed e.g. once a volunteer has left, UCDM does not have any right or need to keep that volunteers information and so should delete it.

Thanks. I realised half way through answering the question lol.
Original post by kmahz
Can someone explain what is meant by a formal project management methodology? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure.. but Linear and the iterative methods are seen as formal methodologies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kmahz
Discuss the implications of possible future developments and future uses of ICT. Include in your answer the impact future developments may have on the way organisations are run.

This is a 20 marker on the June 2012 paper.

Any points to answer this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So talk about the good and bad things of the increase of future development.s Give both all the reason like social impacts, environmental and all that..

Positive:

-Improved business and communication eg teleworking
-cheaper as some organisations can get rid of their retail stores and use e-commerce
- organisations can reach to a wider variety of audience because they can reach to people all over the world, could merge business etc

Negative:
-Digital divide; not all customs may have access to the internet
- Something about more CO2 emissions because of the increased use of electrify
- Can be expensive for organisations as new hardware and software can be expensive to run

I haven't expanded on each of those points but hope you sort of get the jist of it. Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by Code101
You would need to get a mid high B in info 3 to get an A overall. Here is the breakdown for each unit and the total amount of marks you need.
grading-system.pdf

I'm new to the whole UMS thing (just never really looked into it before). Based on that and the AQA raw mark to UMS converter, do I just add together all the marks?

So I think I got 63 (C) in both INFO1 and 2 last year, which translates to 96 and 92 UMS, and then I got 61 in my INFO4 coursework, which (using last years' UMS as a guide) is 68 UMS. All of those added together makes 249 UMS, which according to your attachment is a C (which is all I need to get into my firm). So does that technically mean that I could completely fail this exam and still get a C overall? Or does it not work like that?

I hope this made sense, I'd really appreciate if someone could let me know!
Original post by lookitsmia
I'm new to the whole UMS thing (just never really looked into it before). Based on that and the AQA raw mark to UMS converter, do I just add together all the marks?

So I think I got 63 (C) in both INFO1 and 2 last year, which translates to 96 and 92 UMS, and then I got 61 in my INFO4 coursework, which (using last years' UMS as a guide) is 68 UMS. All of those added together makes 249 UMS, which according to your attachment is a C (which is all I need to get into my firm). So does that technically mean that I could completely fail this exam and still get a C overall? Or does it not work like that?

C but 96 and 92 ums? Is that right?
What could you say if a question about the management of large ICT systems came up?
Original post by Faded-Pi
C but 96 and 92 ums? Is that right?

I have no idea, like I said, I'm new to this! I just used this (which someone else posted on here) http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums

Hi there, firstly the 63 that you got for info 1 and 2 are your marks in UMS form not raw form so your UMS for those two is 63. Add those two together and you get 126 UMS so far.

Then for info 4 you have 68 UMS so if you add that to the 126 UMS you have 194.

To get a C overall you would need to get a minimum of 240 UMS so for info 3 you will need to get a minimum of a very low E OR a high U 😂 (240-194=46) 46 is two marks away from just getting an E

Hope that makes sense
Original post by Code101
Hi there, firstly the 63 that you got for info 1 and 2 are your marks in UMS form not raw form so your UMS for those two is 63. Add those two together and you get 126 UMS so far.

Then for info 4 you have 68 UMS so if you add that to the 126 UMS you have 194.

To get a C overall you would need to get a minimum of 240 UMS so for info 3 you will need to get a minimum of a very low E OR a high U 😂 (240-194=46) 46 is two marks away from just getting an E

Hope that makes sense

I thought the first one seemed too good to be true! But so as long as I get an E or higher then I should get a C overall? I honestly don't care what my grade is overall as long as it gets me into uni 😂
I have no idea, like I said, I'm new to this! I just used this (which someone else posted on here) http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums

Mostly new to this as well. But I had thought 100 ums was max, so it seems unlikely to have gotten a C but still have 96 and 92. Based on your marks however, 60+ is normally a C, so if you've gotten three C's then probably need a D. Dunno about anything less though.

^Look at above comment though.
Original post by Faded-Pi
Mostly new to this as well. But I had thought 100 ums was max, so it seems unlikely to have gotten a C but still have 96 and 92. Based on your marks however, 60+ is normally a C, so if you've gotten three C's then probably need a D. Dunno about anything less though.

^Look at above comment though.

I got an A in my INFO4 coursework (somehow) :tongue: Honestly, as long as I get into uni with this grade then I'm not overly fussed what I get overall. Thank you both for your help!
I thought the first one seemed too good to be true! But so as long as I get an E or higher then I should get a C overall? I honestly don't care what my grade is overall as long as it gets me into uni 😂

Haha yes that is correct, loooool which uni are planning to go to?
Original post by Code101
Haha yes that is correct, loooool which uni are planning to go to?

Hopefully Lincoln! I have two ASs that I didn't continue through to A2, and since they accept ASs too, it takes my entry requirements from 320 to 240 (thank God), so from ABB to CCC :smile: And I hopefully have Bs in my other two, so I'm aiming for a C in ICT so guarantee that I get in :tongue:

What about you?
Reply 338
Original post by Sarah5152
So talk about the good and bad things of the increase of future development.s Give both all the reason like social impacts, environmental and all that..

Positive:

-Improved business and communication eg teleworking
-cheaper as some organisations can get rid of their retail stores and use e-commerce
- organisations can reach to a wider variety of audience because they can reach to people all over the world, could merge business etc

Negative:
-Digital divide; not all customs may have access to the internet
- Something about more CO2 emissions because of the increased use of electrify
- Can be expensive for organisations as new hardware and software can be expensive to run

I haven't expanded on each of those points but hope you sort of get the jist of it. Hope that helps :smile:

Thanks for the help! I completed this question last night and only added the negatives and totally forgot to add the good things. I'll remember this for next time though😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kmahz
Thanks for the help! I completed this question last night and only added the negatives and totally forgot to add the good things. I'll remember this for next time though😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Always remember when they use the word 'discuss' they definitely want positives and negatives :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending