The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP3 June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by k9000
That's what i thought i used factor formula and got gradient of two general points (so grad of chord) as -0.5cot(beta+alpha/2)

Yup that's what I got - same as last years I think 😂
The answer to the last one was y = -1/4m x
Made an arithmetic mistake in my calculations, but hopefully get method marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 762
Original post by blankk
Any unofficial mark scheme guys..??

very rarely there is one for FP3
Reply 763
Original post by Chazatthekeys
Yup that's what I got - same as last years I think 😂

My teacher said we were meant to to do -1/gradient to give us gradient of line. And know that this line goes through the origin so we can find equation and the midpoint is the origin (i may have explained the question slightly wrong but what she said sounded right)
Original post by trooken
The answer to the last one was y = -1/4m x
Made an arithmetic mistake in my calculations, but hopefully get method marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I got :smile:
Original post by pengomar
I did. It wasn't that hard, just a bit long.

And your answers old
What did you guys got for 3 eigenvalues?2, 2+-root2?
I'm so ****ed. should just kms

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gome44
That's what I got :smile:

How would would i show the reduction. It felt like common sense so i just plugged it in. Would i lose marks for not showing I_1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cogito.
What did you guys got for 3 eigenvalues?2, 2+-root2?

Yh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ran out of time in Fp3. I suppose there is some wisdom in doing pps.

S2 easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
How would would i show the reduction. It felt like common sense so i just plugged it in. Would i lose marks for not showing I_1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you would have had to find I_1 to get all the marks. I also felt it like I didn't give enough explanation for that question though. Still, boundaries should be low :smile:
Original post by Gome44
I think you would have had to find I_1 to get all the marks. I also felt it like I didn't give enough explanation for that question though. Still, boundaries should be low :smile:

What you expect for the 100UMS? I think around 65
What did everyone get for the volume question? I can't even remember the question but I roughly remember my answer
Original post by Gome44

****s sake.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 775
Original post by Willis_l96
What did everyone get for the volume question? I can't even remember the question but I roughly remember my answer

(pi/4)ln(5/3)?
Original post by Gome44

Hoping the boundaries are low. Skipped the triangle question to hopefully come back later, but didn't have time, and also made 2 separate mistakes in 8c which led to a wrong equation for l. Hopefully 66/75

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Willis_l96

1/(x+1)^2-4? so 1/4ln(x+1-2/x+1+2) over limit [3,2]
Original post by cogito.
What you expect for the 100UMS? I think around 65

Same as last year maybe. Don't know what that boundary was though. I doubt many people would get 6/6 on the last question, and it also felt it was longer than usual (only 5 marks for find 3 normalised eignvectors?)
Original post by raff97
(pi/4)ln(5/3)?

Yh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending