90UMS: 66
A: 61
B: 55
C: 49
D: 43
E: 37
U: 0
Reply 161
That paper was freakishly easy.100 ums woo!
Original post by Buses
That paper was freakishly easy.100 ums woo!

Confidence is a virtue. Is that what they say?
Original post by lizard54142
It did say "Using de Moivre's Theorem" :frown:

You will either get full marks or no marks.

Maybe 1/5 for rearranging to find cos5x = 16cos^5 x + 5cos3x + 3cosx or whatever it was before you had to find cos3x

What do you think? Might still get A marks for correct identity but not get M marks? So maybe I could drop 2?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SH0405
What do you think?;

100UMS: 71
90UMS: 66
A: 61
B: 55
C: 49
D: 43
E: 37
U: 0

It was 72 for 100UMS last year, 63 for 90% and 56 for an A. it was similar difficulty so can't see it increasing by 3!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by chizz1889
It was 63 last year for 90% and 56 for an A. it was similar difficulty so can't see it increasing by 3!

No it wasn't. That's incorrect. Last year it was 66 for 90% and 60 for an A.
Maybe 1/5 for rearranging to find cos5x = 16cos^5 x + 5cos3x + 3cosx or whatever it was before you had to find cos3x

What do you think? Might still get A marks for correct identity but not get M marks? So maybe I could drop 2?

I honestly couldn't tell you. It specifically told you to use de Moivre's, but you may get the answer mark/s.
Reply 167
Original post by SH0405
How would you compare the difficulty of this paper to others?

i'm pretty sure MEI ran out of questions to ask us cos i've seen almost all of those questions before

8 marks for maclaurin ln(1+x/1-x) and it came up like 3 times before lol

the circle question was easy and the matrices was standard too

the hyperbolic questions was simple- easiest one maybe?

i might have lost one mark cos i said +c is 0 for integral of artanh x cos i know the graph goes through 0 lol
Hey, for the 2nd to last matrix qs i left d as ((-1)^4 0 7^4) how many marks would i lose
Reply 169
Probably 1/2, like SH0405 said you had to use partial fractions, and they almost certainly wanted you to "derive" the result rather than copy it off the sheet.

i used substitution. worked out nice and irie, giving the answer they wanted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by djsimpy
i used substitution. worked out nice and irie, giving the answer they wanted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was it x=tanhux = tanhu by any chance? :wink:
Original post by SH0405
No it wasn't. That's incorrect. Last year it was 66 for 90% and 60 for an A.

Yeah sorry I mean June 2013
Interesting to see if I can get an A smashed this paper (although argand diagram was incorrect) overall. Hopefuly NM and M1 will bing AS FM up :smile:
I honestly couldn't tell you. It specifically told you to use de Moivre's, but you may get the answer mark/s.

Meh oh well, I should still get an A* which is all that matters at the end of the day!
Original post by mathsexam2013
Hey, for the 2nd to last matrix qs i left d as ((-1)^4 0 7^4) how many marks would i lose

Just the A1 probably
Reply 175
If I used double angle formula to find the cos5x identity instead of de moivres theorem how many marks would I lose? It was out of 5, got the correct answer using double angle formula but now in hindsight I think it said using de moivres theorem?

I think one or two because the double angle way is the easy method, and not what would be wanted in the mark scheme
Meh oh well, I should still get an A* which is all that matters at the end of the day!

Easy A* mate
Original post by Buses
I think one or two because the double angle way is the easy method, and not what would be wanted in the mark scheme

I don't think there's an easy method lol, they're both as difficult as each other, double angle formulae just takes more working out than de moivre
Yeah sorry I mean June 2013

Wrong again. In June 2013 it was 66 for 90% and 61 for an A.
Original post by SH0405
Wrong again. In June 2013 it was 66 for 90% and 61 for an A.

Ah s**t yeah I was looking at non-MEI. Lol my bad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending