The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP3 June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chazatthekeys
Why would it be perpendicular?! Since it was the line through the 2 points you choose - I don't see why it would be perp.?

Agreed it's definitely though the two points not perp

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 861
Original post by Skitee
67 or so would defo be an a* maybe full ums... The reason why the being odd didn't affect it for you was because you didn't end up doing I1 so you wouldbhave lost a couple of marks there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks but I said I did get this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't get 8c; otherwise that was good :smile: harder than usual though. Or maybe not harder, just different.
Reply 863
Original post by trooken
If n was even then you would have needed I_0, which introduces π/2 into your final answer.

Think I've got the same marks as you. I reckon 65 will be anywhere between 85-95 UMS, although probably towards the higher end of the range, although don't want to get hopes up lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I said that :smile:

Haha hopefully. I think the fact that the first half was very accessible for anyone who had revised a decent amount will bring the boundaries up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 864
Why would it be perpendicular?! Since it was the line through the 2 points you choose - I don't see why it would be perp.?

Because they want the equation of the locus of the midpoint of parallel lines, which would move in a perpendicular fashion to that of the parallel lines. Picture the perpendicular lines being vertical: the locus would be horizontal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cant believe i didnt write I_1. I iust wrote x1 at the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor
Yeah I said that :smile:

Haha hopefully. I think the fact that the first half was very accessible for anyone who had revised a decent amount will bring the boundaries up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but last year the vast majority of the paper was quite easy. It was only Q6 and Q9 that could have caught you out really. Q2 maybe a tiny bit. I'm expecting (hoping for) slightly lower boundaries.
Pretty p***ed off at myself to be honest, I just couldn't get the algebra working in this exam; I can blame it on overall fatigue after all the others/having just done S2 but really I should have done better on this paper
Original post by Elcor
Because they want the equation of the locus of the midpoint of parallel lines, which would move in a perpendicular fashion to that of the parallel lines. Picture the perpendicular lines being vertical: the locus would be horizontal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But you didn't have to do it for last years paper - and that was basically exactly the same?
Original post by Elcor
Thanks but I said I did get this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry haha my fault :frown:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Yeah but last year the vast majority of the paper was quite easy. It was only Q6 and Q9 that could have caught you out really. Q2 maybe a tiny bit. I'm expecting (hoping for) slightly lower boundaries.
Pretty p***ed off at myself to be honest, I just couldn't get the algebra working in this exam; I can blame it on overall fatigue after all the others/having just done S2 but really I should have done better on this paper

Yh I think this paper was harder than last year's. More unfamiliar (but not necessarily harder) questions which causes people to take more time on the question and end up running out of time or making silly mistakes in their rushed answers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why do Edexcel hate our year...?
That was possibly the worst FP3 exam I've ever done. It started off so nicely, up until question 7, where there was a nice easy reduction.. Then it all went to hell for Q8b and c..
Thank god for that incredibly nice S2 paper.
Reply 871
But you didn't have to do it for last years paper - and that was basically exactly the same?

Don't know man :s

You get my point though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
61 90UMs. Watch ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor
Don't know man :s

You get my point though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do - don't stress me out now 😂 haha
Reply 874
How much marks am I likely to lose on last question, part c), if I got all working right, however, i forgot that i was using 1/m instead of m and received answer of mx*(-1/4)?
Original post by mdemda
How much marks am I likely to lose on last question, part c), if I got all working right, however, i forgot that i was using 1/m instead of m and received answer of mx*(-1/4)?

1 probs
Original post by mdemda

You'll get at least 4 marks for that
Reply 877
Original post by Gome44
1 probs

Original post by sol.smith

great, thanks!
Original post by sol.smith

Wait so what is the answer to 8c), I thought it was like last years and I got

Y=(-1/4m)X

Is that right?!
Reply 879
How did everyone do the last question? Am i right in getting -0.5cot (beta-alpha/2) somewhere in my calculation or nah?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending