The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP3 June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by k9000
How did everyone do the last question? Am i right in getting -0.5cot (beta-alpha/2) somewhere in my calculation or nah?

Anyone, please?? Was it correct to define two points in terms of parametric equations for starters?
Anyone have a copy of the paper or the can remember the questions with marks?
Reply 882
anyone got any idea about grade boundaries?
honestly a really bad paper, i lost so marks, thankfully s2 was a lot better, i also think this paper was a lot different than previous years, there were like 3 "new" types of questions??? +room for silly mistakes
Original post by k9000
Anyone, please?? Was it correct to define two points in terms of parametric equations for starters?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=433599&d=1434974706

So it definitely was Y=(-1/4m)X then? Cause it's like the same as lay years paper
Original post by Chazatthekeys
Why would it be perpendicular?! Since it was the line through the 2 points you choose - I don't see why it would be perp.?

Doesnt the line go through the midpoints of the parallel lines of the chord. In this case it would be perpendicular, if you draw it out.
(edited 8 years ago)
also initally i got the right eignevalues, but then at the end i thought it was wrong and multiplied everything out and got like 3,2,1 for the eigenvalues idek what to think anymore
Reply 888
What the actual f*** was that paper? Most of it was OK except for 3 parts I'd never seen before in my life... 13 marks down the drain straight up there... At least S2 was better
estimate for 80 ums??
Original post by chemlover12
Doesnt the line go through the midpoints of the parallel lines of the chord. In this case it would be perpendicular, if you draw it out.

But doing it without the perp. You get y=(-1/4m)x, and if m<0 then y=+ax which it would

But if you do perp. You get y=4mx or something and if m<0, the line is going downwards when it should be going up!
But doing it without the perp. You get y=(-1/4m)x, and if m<0 then y=+ax which it would

But if you do perp. You get y=4mx or something and if m<0, the line is going downwards when it should be going up!

Oh god. How do you know the direction the line is going in?
Reply 892
unofficial markscheme out yet?
Not sure if arsey does fp3 :/
Original post by dijam
unofficial markscheme out yet?
Reply 894
what was the equation for the plane?
So it definitely was Y=(-1/4m)X then? Cause it's like the same as lay years paper

I think so
Original post by chemlover12
Oh god. How do you know the direction the line is going in?

Well I just assumed my A/B general points for the chord where such that the gradient would be -ve, so m<0 and if locus of midpoints, the gradient needs to be positive, so y=(-1/4m)x makes sense - in this sense

Does that make sense?
Reply 897
Original post by mmms95
also initally i got the right eignevalues, but then at the end i thought it was wrong and multiplied everything out and got like 3,2,1 for the eigenvalues idek what to think anymore

That must have felt so good when you got those 'normal' eigenvalues :lol: but unfortunately it was the weird surds
Well I just assumed my A/B general points for the chord where such that the gradient would be -ve, so m<0 and if locus of midpoints, the gradient needs to be positive, so y=(-1/4m)x makes sense - in this sense

Does that make sense?

Yh it makes sense :/ well, ****. I need to see the question again T_T
june 2014 was not even that hard, only maybe question 6 that was kiind of new, but it's still managable , and maybe the trick in the reduction question, and an A was 55

this paper had a lot more new stuff and potential to loose more marks, idk if i am just kidding myself here, but do you think 80 ums can go below 55??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending