The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThatMadClown
And federer wins

Posted from TSR Mobile

Murray will be the slight favourite
Murray and Federer looking good, and rightly emerge as the title winners this week. Murray will be a heavy co-favourite with Djokovic now, but everything could change if they are drawn in the same half at Wimbledon.
Murray will face Federer in the semi-final at Wimbledon if it happens.
I'd wager they'll make sure we get Fedal early.
Do people seriously think they rig the draws.......

And anyway, we don't know where Federer could meet Murray. Presuming the grass court formula doesn't change the top 4 (dunno if it does or not), Murray could be in either Djokovic or Federer's half of the draw.
Wonder how fedal would go

Posted from TSR Mobile
Top 4 seedings won't change. I think Nadal will be seeded 11 instead of 10, as Dimitrov moves above him (with the win at Queen's and the Wimbledon SF last year).
Original post by Chief Wiggum

And anyway, we don't know where Federer could meet Murray. Presuming the grass court formula doesn't change the top 4 (dunno if it does or not), Murray could be in either Djokovic or Federer's half of the draw.

Yup. I forget the statistic but the number of times Murray has been on Nadal's side of the draw (i think that's the one) is almost statistically impossible.

The amount of time Federer and Djokovic were in the same half in grand slams between 2008 and 2012 was staggering.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
Wonder how fedal would go

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nadal would win, IMO.
Federer getting owned with that through-the-legs shot by a fan was the greatest moment of tennis in 2015.
Nadal would win, IMO.

Yeah, I'm not too sure about who would win. They seem to be on the same level ish to me at least!

When's the draw announced?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I'm not too sure about who would win. They seem to be on the same level ish to me at least!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nadal is far the better player than Federer, as can be seen from the head to head record between the two players. Nadal has basically crushed Federer in all their matches from 2008 onwards. Although both of them are no longer at their peak and will never return to their peak form ever again, Nadal still has a comfortable edge over Federer on all surfaces.

As for who will win Wimbledon, I very much doubt Nadal will. He's way past his best. Federer's days of winning Grand Slams are over. Djokovic is clearly the most likely to win Wimbledon, with Murray far behind him in 2nd.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Draw is done on Friday I think.
As for Fedal, considering Nadal's form I would pick RF in spite of the record if they were to meet before the final (in fact, it's still 2-1 Fed on grass). Only issue for Fed is that his forehand is letting him down this year.
Original post by snowman77
Nadal is far the better player than Federer, as can be seen from the head to head record between the two players. Nadal has basically crushed Federer in all their matches from 2008 onwards. Although both of them are no longer at their peak and will never return to their peak form ever again, Nadal still has a comfortable edge over Federer on all surfaces.

As for who will win Wimbledon, I very much doubt Nadal will. He's way past his best. Federer's days of winning Grand Slams are over. Djokovic is clearly the most likely to win Wimbledon, with Murray far behind him in 2nd.

Eh? Federer has the edge on grass (and indoor hard courts I suppose). And I think Murray can beat Djokovic at Wimbledon, given the form he's in so he's definitely a very strong contender. And there's still a chance of an outsider surprising everyone.
(edited 8 years ago)

Disagree but too tired right now to discuss

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Disagree but too tired right now to discuss

Posted from TSR Mobile

I assume he's trolling to try to start a huge argument tbh... :p:
Original post by Krish4791
Draw is done on Friday I think.
As for Fedal, considering Nadal's form I would pick RF in spite of the record if they were to meet before the final (in fact, it's still 2-1 Fed on grass). Only issue for Fed is that his forehand is letting him down this year.

He didn't have a forehand last year too but he still took Novak to 5 sets. If he had a forehand, he could have won.

Lol what?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest