The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

omg man. My schools 6th form is making us go at the start of July for 2 days of math workshops and an assesment for A-Level maths... Cant they just leave us in peace :frown:
Original post by SuperHuman98
omg man. My schools 6th form is making us go at the start of July for 2 days of math workshops and an assesment for A-Level maths... Cant they just leave us in peace :frown:

I have 6 days of sixth form lol
Part of me really wishes I was staying on at my school's sixth form because loads of my friends from other schools are going there, but I also love this other college.... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
Part of me really wishes I was staying on at my school's sixth form because loads of my friends from other schools are going there, but I also love this other college.... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you'd rather go to the other college, go for it! I went to my school's Sixth Form but by the end of it, the external ones who I'd never met before were the one's who ended up becoming my best friends. I'm sure you'll easily make friends wherever you go. :smile:
Original post by usycool1
If you'd rather go to the other college, go for it! I went to my school's Sixth Form but by the end of it, the external ones who I'd never met before were the one's who ended up becoming my best friends. I'm sure you'll easily make friends wherever you go. :smile:

I just think I'll miss my friends, but I guess the true ones will stay in touch...

Posted from TSR Mobile
CAN SOMEONE REPLY WITH CORRECT INFORMATION.
I took the B2 and B3 exam and i accidently wrote in the areas that it said 'do not write' whilst finishing off my answers. I didnt realise until after the exam. Attached is a picture of what my answer possibly looked like. My QUESTION is: will Aqa include those areas in the scanning when they are sent off for marking. If not my answers will not make sense cos parts of the sentences will be cut off due to the scan! image.jpg
Original post by Sciencefreak1
I took the B2 and B3 exam and i accidently wrote in the areas that it said 'do not write' whilst finishing off my answers. I didnt realise until after the exam. Attached is a picture of what my answer possibly looked like. My QUESTION is: will Aqa include those areas in the scanning when they are sent off for marking. If not my answers will not make sense cos parts of the sentences will be cut off due to the scan! image.jpg

They dont scan in those areas sorry. Should have asked for extra paper?

It was my first exam and i didnt think about asking for more paper due to sheer panic mode. Sigh.

Hm is that true? All the scanned examples on the internet have the sides on... Thats where the examiners write the marks so why is it cut off??
Hm is that true? All the scanned examples on the internet have the sides on... Thats where the examiners write the marks so why is it cut off??

teachers have told me that they don't mark the parts where it says do not write.
It was my first exam and i didnt think about asking for more paper due to sheer panic mode. Sigh.

Don't worry atleast you wont make the same mistake next time, and you will get a lot of marks from what you wrote in the lines anyway assuming its correct:tongue:
How is this thread suddenly 700 pages? I swear it used to be like 140 a few weeks ago?:erm::erm:
Hi, i am new here. May i know which age group year 11 refers to? Because in my country, we use secondary and junior college instead of year...
Original post by chingyee.jong
Hi, i am new here. May i know which age group year 11 refers to? Because in my country, we use secondary and junior college instead of year...

I just finished year 11 and I'm 17 in around 6 months. The age group is 15-16.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiera28
Hey guys, what are you all taking next year? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm taking Biology Chemistry History and Art (AS). Hopefully an EPQ as well which should be fun, anyone else doing an EPQ?

I had a maths lesson today, we just looked over indices and algebra to make sure that we can do it quickly. I looked at some E level questions and to be honest they looked quite difficult a-levels should be great fun
Original post by itsadeolaa
I'm taking Biology Chemistry History and Art (AS). Hopefully an EPQ as well which should be fun, anyone else doing an EPQ?

I'm planning on doing an EPQ but I have no idea what it will be about yet!
Original post by Purple-Pixie
I'm planning on doing an EPQ but I have no idea what it will be about yet!

Ah well its good to know I'm not the only one who wants to take on the extra work lol. What subjects are you taking for A Level?
Original post by Peachy23
Yeah, I'll be going to both induction days so I'm not worried for my school's one but I'm extremely nervous for tomorrow and trying to talk myself out of it! :frown:

Did you go?? How was it?
Im also going to an induction day and i dont know anyone going so im trying to talk myself out of it aswell lool. Was it better than you expected? I need help :frown:

They will send it off to the head examiners office. It will be marked but generally they are less lenient

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest