The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swirly
make me smile again like you used to baby

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434993112.532589.jpg
Original post by midnightice
Still waiting on official confirmation, but this is looking to be a fantastic signing. Been way too long since we had a reliable, world-class keeper.

It's taken you 12/13 years to replace this guy.

Original post by sr90

You're a broken record
Shots
Original post by Depleted
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434993112.532589.jpg

Original post by AR_95
You're a broken record

Tfw Almunia was your first choice keeper for 4 years
Original post by The Shed End
Makes it even worse tbh, bar the fact he doesn't even live in Leeds.

Makes what even worse?

Also live within 3 miles of Elland Road & have done all my life.

It's almost staggering how the Bell thinks the fact I've stuck with Leeds through their financial implosion right down to the foot of the third division somehow makes me 'less of a fan'. The mind boggles.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Makes what even worse?

It's almost staggering how the Bell thinks the fact I've stuck with Leeds through their financial implosion right down to the foot of the third division somehow makes me 'less of a fan'. The mind boggles.

Bet you he knows zilch about Tambling, Greaves and Dixon
Makes what even worse?

I don't give a flying f*ck that you've stuck with them, convenient that these keyboard warriors who promote the 'support your local team' mantra as if they recruiting for the Hitler youth always live a few minutes/miles from the ground.

I never actually said that sticking with your team makes you less of a fan, just pointed out (a point that has been raised by other members, but you've yet to reply to) is that you seem to have an irrational hatred of anyone supporting one of the best teams in the country - yet, when you were child, chose to support a team that was in the CL semi-finals and consistently top half of the Premier League.

Original post by shawn_o1
Bet you he knows zilch about Tambling, Greaves and Dixon

#obsessed - I thought you said you were gone. Bet you probably didn't know that your club literally bought it's way into the top flight - something which they hadn't earned- back in the 1930's. Anyway, we didn't even exist until 2003 so I'm not sure what you're even talking about.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The Shed End
I don't give a flying f*ck that you've stuck with them, convenient that these keyboard warriors who promote the 'support your local team' mantra as if they recruiting for the Hitler youth always live a few minutes/miles from the ground.

I never actually said that sticking with your team makes you less of a fan, just pointed out (a point that has been raised by other members, but you've yet to reply to) is that you seem to have an irrational hatred of anyone supporting one of the best teams in the country - yet, when you were child, chose to support a team that was in the CL semi-finals and consistently top half of the Premier League.

#obsessed - I thought you said you were gone. Bet you probably didn't know that your club literally bought it's way into the top flight - something which they hadn't earned- back in the 1930's. Anyway, we didn't even exist until 2003 so I'm not sure what you're even talking about.

Of course those who support their local team live close to the grounds of the clubs they support. What a stupidly obvious thing to say.

Other members was just Pimped. Who, obviously, doesn't & hasn't lived near the team he supports. It riles people up when the local club card is played because they can't argue against it. I don't give a **** if people glory hunt, it's when these scabby fans try to take shots by slagging Leeds off for being ****, that's when I can play the trump local team card.

I never 'chose' to support Leeds. And that's the difference between me & you. I was born into it, whether we're dominating Europe or playing non league football, you simply can't ever turn your back on LUFC when you're born into it.

Also think you've overestimated my age. I barely remember Leeds in the Champions League, and my most clear early memories are actually of Leeds sliding down the Prem.

The fact of the matter is you spend so much time trying to wum Arsenal fans that everyone takes shots at you. You get a kick out of trying to down talk Arsenal rather than discuss Chelsea. It's sad really, I couldn't imagine talking about Bradford, Huddersfield or either Sheffield club more than my own team.
Who else has been refreshing Arsenal.com all day waiting for the Cech signing?
Original post by angelfox
Who else has been refreshing Arsenal.com all day waiting for the Cech signing?

me man. I really wish Arsenal had an official twitter account where they could announce such things.
Not sure if we are getting mugged off by buying cech for 11 million or not... Petr could be finished... or he could turn out to be bloody amazing :u:
Original post by swirly
me man. I really wish Arsenal had an official twitter account where they could announce such things.

there is an official account lol:
https://twitter.com/arsenal
Original post by Stefano93
The point i'm making is that Flamini while he's all very well immersed in the club's dressing room and is probably the centre of banter with the lads, Flamini was always a prodigality and we could benefit from another DM while Flam not being needed tbh.

Your last point is a broken record statement though. Even wenger has said he's in the market for one. His presence at the club isn't inflicting any influence on wenger's decision in the market. Honestly, flamini won't be used much and his wages is nothing to us; I dunno, it seems weird to focus your energy on complaining about him.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by icedark_knight
there is an official account lol:
https://twitter.com/arsenal

I know sarcasm is hard to detect on internet but damn.........
Original post by sr90

I'd say we've been waiting 8 years to replace Lehmann.
Of course those who support their local team live close to the grounds of the clubs they support. What a stupidly obvious thing to say.

Other members was just Pimped. Who, obviously, doesn't & hasn't lived near the team he supports. It riles people up when the local club card is played because they can't argue against it. I don't give a **** if people glory hunt, it's when these scabby fans try to take shots by slagging Leeds off for being ****, that's when I can play the trump local team card.

I never 'chose' to support Leeds. And that's the difference between me & you. I was born into it, whether we're dominating Europe or playing non league football, you simply can't ever turn your back on LUFC when you're born into it.

Also think you've overestimated my age. I barely remember Leeds in the Champions League, and my most clear early memories are actually of Leeds sliding down the Prem.

The fact of the matter is you spend so much time trying to wum Arsenal fans that everyone takes shots at you. You get a kick out of trying to down talk Arsenal rather than discuss Chelsea. It's sad really, I couldn't imagine talking about Bradford, Huddersfield or either Sheffield club more than my own team.

Too right. He's shown himself to be the mere bloody fool he really is. He's the one who can't support his own club. And since he's the one who craves attention like a narco/socio/psychopath, we'll give it to him until he's banned. Or should I say, until he creates 1100 accounts to circumvent every ban he gets
Original post by shawn_o1
Too right. He's shown himself to be the mere bloody fool he really is. He's the one who can't support his own club. And since he's the one who craves attention like a narco/socio/psychopath, we'll give it to him until he's banned. Or should I say, until he creates 1100 accounts to circumvent every ban he gets

shawn stop taking bait.
tornado stop taking bait.
stefano93 stop taking bait ffs.

I actually wanna talk football and responding to this bait just destroys the thread and makes you lot look like mugs. Shed End doesn't care that he seems like a prick on this thread quicker you guys get that quicker the thread stops dying. It only happens on the Arsenal thread too.

Latest