The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP3 June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xyzmaster
Highly unlikely

Well it was 50 for an A on June 2009 and I got 75 on that paper it really wasn't that hard I probably still think it will be around low 50s but it could be in the 40s.I have seen numerous people on this website call it the hardest paper ever, one of my friends(an A* student) thinks they might not have even passed the paper it could well be below 50 for an A.Having sat STEP a lot of the hardest questions were almost STEP like.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 981
If someone gives me the paper I will do solutions for very late tonight or tomorrow morning
(Note I do not go to third party sites/downloads etc. Only attachments here)
Original post by TeeEm
If someone gives me the paper I will do solutions for very late tonight or tomorrow morning
(Note I do not go to third party sites/downloads etc. Only attachments here)

I don't think anyone has access to one
Reply 983
Original post by xyzmaster
I don't think anyone has access to one

any teacher which works in a school which had at least a candidate on this paper will have access.
Reply 984
Original post by TeeEm
any teacher which works in a school which had at least a candidate on this paper will have access.

Why don't you have it then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 985
Original post by Elcor
Why don't you have it then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not a schoolteacher.
Original post by Chazatthekeys
I'm pretty confident these are the correct solutions - but I didn't have the question paper, and I've forgotten the vector question - I didn't remember the vectors A, B or C

Sorry if it's a bit messy

It's on this google drive (the file was too big):
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2yfoJrIQ5MCfk1LR0FuODlIaWEwdG1xTDZVZTJMTHk4X3pVQTgzNDR4c0x3U1ZDVElHeDA&usp=sharing

Messed up the area of OQR, for some reason i put Q on the y axis :/
No Arsey?
Original post by Gome44

Whoops - Q/R were on y=x/y=-x
Reply 989
Original post by soundhippo
which uni gives an E offer... lmao

LSE:tongue:
Original post by Rubgangsci
No Arsey?

Don't think he does FP3 - I did some rough solutions (but couldn't remember vectors question)
Whoops - Q/R were on y=x/y=-x

Yep, its annoying because i had 35 mins to check. My raw mark should equate to 100 ums though judging by the difficulty :smile:
Original post by Gome44

The answer was 1 whoo .

Posted from TSR Mobile
did anyone get 1/root10 for distance from plane to the origin?
Original post by Gome44
Yep, its annoying because i had 35 mins to check. My raw mark should equate to 100 ums though judging by the difficulty :smile:

Yeah I finished about that time also - just like 30 mins of just re reading it all like 10 times aha
Original post by S_Light
did anyone get 1/root10 for distance from plane to the origin?

This is the correct answer 😊
Yeah I finished about that time also - just like 30 mins of just re reading it all like 10 times aha

Damn thats quick. Fp3 was the first time i havent finished an exam paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
The answer was 1 whoo .

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought op was the height so multiplied it by qr and by a 1/2 and got Cosh^2t+Sinh^2t so not quite right.For 8b it didn't seem to work doing it algebraically without involving e using (+-sqrt3,0) as the focuses and (x,y) as the coordinates and using x^2+4y^2=4 just gave a big mess of square roots of quadratic equations of x.
This is the correct answer 😊

awesome, at least that I did right, thanks :smile:
Original post by physicsmaths
Damn thats quick. Fp3 was the first time i havent finished an exam paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol - I've learnt to be more cautious and not rush, did like C1-4 in like 40 minutes last year aha

It was chemistry that I didn't have time to check - I just about finished when the time finished aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending