The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP3 June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S_Light
awesome, at least that I did right, thanks :smile:

Haha no worries - it was a nice vectors question!
Original post by Chazatthekeys
Haha no worries - it was a nice vectors question!

I agree. Only annoyed I was learning all that stuff like line of intersection of two planes or shortest distance between two skew lines for nothing :/
Original post by S_Light
I agree. Only annoyed I was learning all that stuff like line of intersection of two planes or shortest distance between two skew lines for nothing :/

Haha true! But it is done now - my exams are finished 😄 at last lol
Lol - I've learnt to be more cautious and not rush, did like C1-4 in like 40 minutes last year aha

It was chemistry that I didn't have time to check - I just about finished when the time finished aha

Yh c3/4 were standard 30 min for me aswell,
60/75 ums predictions?
Original post by physicsmaths
Yh c3/4 were standard 30 min for me aswell,

We're just too good lol
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
60/75 ums predictions?

A-A*
Original post by cogito.
A-A*

Really? I thought B-A but you've made me feel a lot better!!
Would 50 be enough for 65-70 ums.
Original post by nayilgervinho

Yes, 95% chance, unless people on student room are all dumb and give wrong pull results.
We're just too good lol

Haha. No papers for c3/4 75/75 both. Learnt FP3 yesterday shud get 95+.
Thug lyf bro thug lyf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nayilgervinho

definitely over 70
Original post by cogito.
Yes, 95% chance, unless people on student room are all dumb and give wrong pull results.

Haha.
Everyone in my school thought it was very hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thug lyf bro thug lyf

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed indeed ='D
Thug lyf bro thug lyf

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope when you say learnt you meant revised.To be fair I only did 2 FP3 papers, this was because I have been quite poorly over the weekend I am not feeling much better now(I had to bring tissues into the exam).I don't think revision could have prepared you for that insane paper today.
Original post by Dalek1099
I hope when you say learnt you meant revised.To be fair I only did 2 FP3 papers, this was because I have been quite poorly over the weekend I am not feeling much better now(I had to bring tissues into the exam).I don't think revision could have prepared you for that insane paper today.

No I mean learnt. I learnt CH2 CH 5 CH6 yesterday. The wuestions justbrequired some thought.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think the worst part of this paper, for me was the Coordinate systems questions.

I feel like I should have remembered that PS/PM=e but I think the use of PF as the notation for the foci put me off somewhat. The wording of the last part of the question was also quite confusing.

Other than that, I think the paper was largely standard, however there will be parts that people simply did not know how to do that will cost a lot of marks. The integration was okay, although the volume generated was quite sneaky as people who may have done the whole of maths a-level last year may have forgotten the formula from C4.

The eigenvalues from the matrices question seemed odd at first, but it became obvious that as they added up to the trace and gave workable eigenvectors that this question was ok. Hoping I got around 55-60 in this paper and banking on my marks in S2, FP2 and M2 as my best modules for A2 FM.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hitler video if you're interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qx8HlpEDwY
Has anyone done an unofficial mark scheme?
**** i think i forgot to times by 1/2

Posted from TSR Mobile

So did I! ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending