The Student Room Group

A2 AQA ICT June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gail Berbal
when did everyone started revising ? I only started revising Friday night haha hashtag major cramming:h::h:

Thursday. :h: Though also been having to do maths for wednesday as well. :frown:
How's everyone feeling?:smile:
honestly can't wait to get this out the way, can't wait for glasto
Reply 383
Original post by Sarah5152
hmmm...okay so the way you would structure it is talk about positives and negatives of the use of social media on:
- employees
- customers
-society in general.

Employees

+ they can share things related to the organisation on their personal social media page =widespread
- If they were allowed to use social media during work hours they can get distracted and will have a negative impact on the organisation itself

Customers

+ Most people nowadays use social media so they have easier access and knowledge to offers and promotions the organisation may have
- Not many people may use the internet and social media due to security issues

Society in general

+ Widespread audience so can get customers from all around the word by using social media sites ( facebook, twitter, insta)..don't actually write examples like that in the paper though
-Creates the digital divide, not everyone has access to the internet in poorer parts of the country or the world

Thank you! My points were no were near as good as this.
Reply 384
Original post by lookitsmia
Are entity relationship/flow charts etc. likely to come up?

I hope not. I absolutely hate entity relationship diagrams, far to confusing.
Reply 385
Is there any easy way to remember the stages and what happens in each stage of the systems development life cycle?
The new system that is being developed for the merged organisations will match disaster locations with location of volunteers and equipment. Draw an entity relationship diagram to represent a relational database design that could be used.

IS THIS RIGHT ? D:
Original post by Taplin97
The new system that is being developed for the merged organisations will match disaster locations with location of volunteers and equipment. Draw an entity relationship diagram to represent a relational database design that could be used.

IS THIS RIGHT ? D:

Since when have they ever asked us to draw in info 3?
Original post by ThatGuyRik
Since when have they ever asked us to draw in info 3?

We had to in one of the past papers

IS THIS RIGHT ? D:

Yes that would be right for equipment, volunteers and disasters. More likely that it would ask us to fill in the blanks, but provide the basic diagram idea, but maybe omit the relationships.
Original post by Faded-Pi
Yes that would be right for equipment, volunteers and disasters. More likely that it would ask us to fill in the blanks, but provide the basic diagram idea, but maybe omit the relationships.

Great Thanks!
Can someone please help me urgent!!!

What do we need to know about backups/recovery/and the procedures etc??

This has come up a couple of times in past papers so could someone give me a good summary of what we need to know?

Thanks
Haven't revised any data flow diagrams or entity relationship ones...if they come up I'm screwed
Original post by KAKAKA17
Haven't revised any data flow diagrams or entity relationship ones...if they come up I'm screwed

Same here. Can you imagine if a question about it came up lol we would all be screwed
Great Thanks!

no, that diagram is wrong..
Original post by Quinny898
Crowdsourcing is gaining information from masses of people, crowdfunding is getting money for a task from masses of people
Examples of each would be using something like a survey platform (there aren't many of these), either paid [surveymonkey?] or unpaid [Google Opinion rewards is the only one I can think of], crowdfunding is a very popular thing in recent years, for example Kickstarter or Indiegogo

would you say ucdm a charity is there by crowdfunding as people donate?
Any one got a copy of the pre release they could sent me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shannonamyolive
Any one got a copy of the pre release they could sent me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://goo.gl/cy10N6
Early night tonight.

Good luck everyone for tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending