The Student Room Group

AQA A2 COMP 3 Computing 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

What psuedocodes are we expected to know?

Tree traversal and sorting is it?
Reply 381
Original post by Shaney96
So how's the revision going for everyone? I'm watching streamers on twitch as I'm dying from cramming over the weekend and this morning. I literally feel like I can't do any more revision, it's too painful xD

I did 2 papers this morning. Got about half way through a third one and now I'm in your boat.
Original post by BaronK
I did 2 papers this morning. Got about half way through a third one and now I'm in your boat.

Yeah I've done 2 and a bit of a third one, now I'm literally just wasting time. Last exam tomorrow then that's it for 3 months! :biggrin:
Reply 383
Yeah I've done 2 and a bit of a third one, now I'm literally just wasting time. Last exam tomorrow then that's it for 3 months! :biggrin:

It's been more than a month of exams I'm s o bored of it. I just hope tomorrow brings me >94UMS :2euk48l:
Original post by BaronK
It's been more than a month of exams I'm s o bored of it. I just hope tomorrow brings me >94UMS :2euk48l:

I know :/ I have 10 altogether, looking for a B tomorrow, I really feel exhausted after this month. I just have Fallout 4 to look forwards to! :adore:
I just really hope AQA don't screw us over, like they had kind of did with this years COMP1 and COMP2
Reply 386
I know :/ I have 10 altogether, looking for a B tomorrow, I really feel exhausted after this month. I just have Fallout 4 to look forwards to! :adore:

Flipping sucks it's in November :/
Reply 387
Original post by Smithster1996
I just really hope AQA don't screw us over, like they had kind of did with this years COMP1 and COMP2

It'll be an eight mark question on will Turing machines ever be as smart as humans...:banghead:

Same here, feels like these exams have dragged on for soooo long :frown:
Original post by BaronK
It'll be an eight mark question on will Turing machines ever be as smart as humans...:banghead:

That'd be brutal. Hopefully the big marker will be on digital signatures and public and private key, that'd be a nice one I think
Original post by BaronK

Lol, i don't know if i would laugh or cry if i saw that:biggrin:
That'd be brutal. Hopefully the big marker will be on digital signatures and public and private key, that'd be a nice one I think

That would be ace but they already did it, remember doing it on a past paper. Sorry bud!
With class definitions, how do i know whether to use a procedure or a function?
Reply 393
Original post by BaronK

funny you said that, that question came up on this years comp2 exam loool
Original post by BaronK
Flipping sucks it's in November :/

Just hope it doesn't get delayed. Don't think it will though #GodHoward :biggrin:
Starting replaying Fallout 3 then Fallout New Vegas from tomorrow to get myself hyped for it!
Reply 395
Original post by Async
funny you said that, that question came up on this years comp2 exam loool

That was my inspiration :biggrin:
Reply 396
Original post by aLeXaNdRa08

A function returns a value, so what they're describing sounds like it would return a value then use a function, otherwise use a procedure.

For example, GetName(), GetBitRate(), GetFileSize() is defo a function, whereas

PlaySound(), SetName(), SetBitRate() is defo a procedure.
In the class definition questions do we need to add all the functions/procedures that the parents class have?​ So if they asked us to write the class definition for a child class do we need to write into the public bit of the new class definition all of the functions and procedures that the parent class had?
Reply 398
Original post by aLeXaNdRa08

Function to return a value
Procedure if you're setting/assigning something
Reply 399
In the class definition questions do we need to add all the functions/procedures that the parents class have?​ So if they asked us to write the class definition for a child class do we need to write into the public bit of the new class definition all of the functions and procedures that the parent class had?

No, as it inherits from its parent class it has its own instances of the same procedures.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending