The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does it really matter who we vote for? We end up hating whoever gets in anyway after a couple of years.
You had 5 years to see what they have done and would probably do next.

No sympathy from me.
Reply 42
Original post by Bill_Gates
I regret voting conservative - I have made a big mistake

- I hate the new policies being introduced
- I hate how the average person is being made to repay the bankers mistakes
- I hate the hatred towards minorities/disabled/single mums/the poor
- I hate the way society is going.

I am sorry for voting conservative!
They are a disgrace.

I regret too

We got brainwashed by their manifesto and with Ed Miliband looking so *******, it was clear no one was really going to vote for labour.

Conservatives are horrible
Original post by scrotgrot
No not really as when Osborne was forced to abandon full bore austerity in 2012-13, followed the Labour plan and started trumpeting on about growth people thought oh that's the cuts over then.

You are kidding right? are you trying to say that the economic success has been the result of the tories back tracking on austerity and adopting labour's ideas? sounds like you're coo coo for coco pops.

You mean all those types of policies that have broad support in the English electorate but as soon as they're associated with the Labour brand they are not trusted?.

Non-doms particularly was one of Labour's more successful "politics of envy" policies in the campaign after the thick as **** Tories decided to throw a massive ball for all their best tax avoiding friends and announced as the HSBC scandal broke.

How was non doms or zero hour contract 'ban' widely supported? stats showed that most people who did a zero hour contract did so out of choice. If they were so supported then why did they not get support?

You are chatting a load of poo if you think the non dom policy was at all successful or effective, most people didn't even know what it was and even when they learned what it was it was agreed by people with an ounce of economic literacy that it would be negative for the countries financial and economic welbeing by a country mile. Clearly you'd have to be 'thick as ****' to think people who are coming here investing wealth and creating it should be penalised. Thats assuming they would even stay which they won't. Just another example of idiots that think they can impose some moral superiority on someone without even acknowledging the reality which means we'll be collectively worse off. You'd have to be an idiot to think it was at all effective or popular.

All the polls showed Labour marginally ahead and that they had the momentum, and particularly that there was no way the Tories could get the numbers to form a government. So of course everyone was ****ting themselves.

That's not true at all, tories were always 1 or 2 points ahead or neck and neck, Labour was never on top. As for the SNP alliance, its patently evident to anyone that Labour could only win power by doing a deal with the SNP in some degree. Why should the rest of the UK keep bending over backwards for the 8%? and clearly seeing whats happening in parliament they are trying to make a mockery of the system as it is, its not perfectly fine and stop pretending it is.
Troll some more, you know we love it :wink:
Original post by Duskstar
Yeah you ****ed up big time. If you hadn't voted for them they probably wouldn't be in power anyway.

i know :frown:
Original post by Tahooper
You had 5 years to see what they have done and would probably do next.

No sympathy from me.

i was simply mislead it was the Lib dems doing all the good stuff
Original post by Twinpeaks
Strong reply.... So full of content!

You said 'yeah... no' to Bills statement of 'I hate the hatred towards minorities/disabled/single mums/the poor'. What did you mean exactly by 'yeah no?'

He knows what I mean. He's a troll.

Now let's analyse the "hatred towards minorities/disabled/single mums/the poor"

Let's start off with the word "hatred" which somehow in Bill NoGates' vocabulary is synonymous to "cuts". Cutting back spending on social welfare does not equate to "hatred".

In 2008/9 the disability spending (Disability Benefit) was 28.45bn, this has since increased to 36.4bn. Inflation since then has been 26.24% in total, yet the budget has increased by 27.9%. Where's the hatred?

as here:https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/223600/public_expenditure_statistical_analyses_2013.pdf

Single moms ... well I don't have to point out the free childcare which has been on the media every 8 minutes do I?

"The poor" .... No. Tories believe in personal responsibility and they want to hand it over to you. Does a 4 000 pound increase in personal allowance sound familiar?

Someone earning 20 000 in 2010 would pay 4277 in tax, which is of 21% their income

1571 in National Insurance
(6470 Personal Allowance)
2706 in Income Tax
= 4277

Someone earning 20 000 in 2015 would pay 3313 in tax, which is 16% of their income
1433 in National Insurance
(10600 Personal Allowance)
1880 in Income Tax
= 3313

A 5% tax deduction, or 964 in absolute numbers. That's a new 52 inch LCD for every below-average earner in this country per year. Or you could be smarter and invest it or try your luck and gamble it.

No, the poor are not getting poorer. In fact in personal wealth terms the poorest today are the richest poorest there have ever been in this country. People just tend to see public services as part of "their" own "material" wealth so they say they're being poorer.

In 2015/16, a person in the example above would have a disposable income of 3270 after necessities (Power, Food, Clothing, Rent (at 400 p/m)) are taken away. Since 2010 the inflation rate has been 19.77%, if we adjust the disposable income for the inflation rate (albeit it's an average, not necessarily for those 4) ten that's the sum that disposable income should have increased to. So 3270 x 0.8 is 2616 - earnings should have increased by 654 to compensate.

Have they? Well, if we count the tax deductions of 964, yes they have - to a surplus of 310. That means a person on 20k a year is 310 pounds better off than they were in 2010.

Minorities? How exactly has the Conservative Party been hostile to minorities? As far as I know that's UKIP, and the Conservative Party is the only one that has been reaching out to Sikh and Hindu communities in the election campaign and the only one to protect Sikh rights to ceremonial "knives" in public whereas others wanted to ban it?

Rant over.
Reply 48
The tories are fantastic

Slashing the welfare bill
eu referendum
more jobs
fasting growing economy in the g7
hopefully scrap the humans rights act

im glad i voted tory
This says it all:

You know why he is a troll? Because he made the thread purely to receive Reputation Gems. This website is so full of left-wingers that ranting on the Conservatives is bound to give you a reputation boost, and that's what he is hoping for.

Congratulations to you all for satisfying his wish.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AverageExcellence
You are kidding right? are you trying to say that the economic success has been the result of the tories back tracking on austerity and adopting labour's ideas? sounds like you're coo coo for coco pops.

No this is what happened. After the 2012 omnishambles budget. Pared austerity back to 1% of GDP and lo and behold the economy recovered and the debt stopped going up quite so fast. At the time he called it Plan B but actually it was close to what Labour had put forward in 2010.

How was non doms or zero hour contract 'ban' widely supported? stats showed that most people who did a zero hour contract did so out of choice. If they were so supported then why did they not get support?

You are chatting a load of poo if you think the non dom policy was at all successful or effective, most people didn't even know what it was and even when they learned what it was it was agreed by people with an ounce of economic literacy that it would be negative for the countries financial and economic welbeing by a country mile. Clearly you'd have to be 'thick as ****' to think people who are coming here investing wealth and creating it should be penalised. Thats assuming they would even stay which they won't. Just another example of idiots that think they can impose some moral superiority on someone without even acknowledging the reality which means we'll be collectively worse off. You'd have to be an idiot to think it was at all effective or popular.

Irrelevant really, the point I was making was the Tories thought it was getting traction and promptly threw the dead cat. Zhc policy was not supported but non doms yes.

That's not true at all, tories were always 1 or 2 points ahead or neck and neck, Labour was never on top. As for the SNP alliance, its patently evident to anyone that Labour could only win power by doing a deal with the SNP in some degree. Why should the rest of the UK keep bending over backwards for the 8%? and clearly seeing whats happening in parliament they are trying to make a mockery of the system as it is, its not perfectly fine and stop pretending it is.

Yeah, why should we keep bending over backwards for the 8%. Of course it's a different 8% I'm thinking of: the upper middle class.

Seriously when has anyone of any party done the slightest bit of bending for the Scots of all people? That's why they're all so mad.

Good on them for subverting parliament. Gets them headlines, gets them support back home, hits the stuffy old conservatives where it hurts. Anyway they have settled down now and are providing the opposition as Labour are not left wing enough.
Original post by SotonianOne
This says it all:

You know why he is a troll? Because he made the thread purely to receive Reputation Gems. This website is so full of left-wingers that ranting on the Conservatives is bound to give you a reputation boost, and that's what he is hoping for.

Congratulations to you all for satisfying his wish.

jealous much? typical right wing. Go cry in your room by yourself. :u:

You have no sense of humanity.
The lib dems would have been better than the two main parties, it's just a shame people couldn't look past the fact that as a minor party they couldn't rule the entire country and control all bills being passed.
jealous much? typical right wing. Go cry in your room by yourself. :u:

You have no sense of humanity.

Very rich coming from someone who "owns a massive regional business"

Hope you have a sense of humanity and pay them a living wage. Although that's more than likely to be complete bull**** so I hope you're paying your imaginary workers an imaginary living wage, at least.
He knows what I mean. He's a troll.

Now let's analyse the "hatred towards minorities/disabled/single mums/the poor"

Let's start off with the word "hatred" which somehow in Bill NoGates' vocabulary is synonymous to "cuts". Cutting back spending on social welfare does not equate to "hatred".

In 2008/9 the disability spending (Disability Benefit) was 28.45bn, this has since increased to 36.4bn. Inflation since then has been 26.24% in total, yet the budget has increased by 27.9%. Where's the hatred?

they left PIP the main disability reform until Jul 2015 as a poison pill for Labour. So that hasn't even come in yet: that's how incompetent IDS is.

The Atos assessments and ESA reform have denied people benefit (causing the deaths we have heard so much about: 3000 a year dead six weeks after being found fit for work, 5000 more dead with claim unresolved)

But the cost of appeals, where most of the Atos decisions eventually get overturned, has made up for this saving.

This is the Tories through and through: they cut and make things harder to access amd then wonder why it costs more to sort people out who are further towards crisis.

No money is saved and a lot of worry, misery and suffering caused.

Hope you have a sense of humanity and pay them a living wage. Although that's more than likely to be complete bull**** so I hope you're paying your imaginary workers an imaginary living wage, at least.

a jealous tory? wow never met one of those before :h:

There should be a stepped minimum wage. British domiciled small and/or unlimited liability businesses who cannot offshore capital or labour should have to pay less than giant multinational corporations.
There should be a stepped minimum wage. British domiciled small and/or unlimited liability businesses who cannot offshore capital or labour should have to pay less than giant multinational corporations.

What are you? Becoming more economically literate?

At least you're on the right path...

Yes I am completely envious of your CEO life where you spend 14 hours a day commenting on a student forum

No I'm not a Tory. At least I try to be .. moderately independent.

they left PIP the main disability reform until Jul 2015 as a poison pill for Labour. So that hasn't even come in yet: that's how incompetent IDS is.The Atos assessments and ESA reform have denied people benefit (causing the deaths we have heard so much about: 3000 a year dead six weeks after being found fit for work, 5000 more dead with claim unresolved)But the cost of appeals, where most of the Atos decisions eventually get overturned, has made up for this saving.This is the Tories through and through: they cut and make things harder to access amd then wonder why it costs more to sort people out who are further towards crisis.No money is saved and a lot of worry, misery and suffering caused.

There's no doubt PIP was terrible and a less efficient option, but money was saved while maintaining the same quality.

You are oozing with aspiration. Well done.

Yes I am completely envious of your CEO life where you spend 14 hours a day commenting on a student forum

He makes so much money hes the spare time to spend 14hours a day on here.
(edited 8 years ago)
What are you? Becoming more economically literate?

At least you're on the right path...

No I'm not a Tory. At least I try to be .. moderately independent.

There's no doubt PIP was terrible and a less efficient option, but money was saved while maintaining the same quality.

it's the freedom i can afford unlike you.

Latest

Trending

Trending