The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This is why I didn't vote Conservative... unfortunately, they're here to stay. :sadnod:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
You are oozing with aspiration. Well done.

He makes so much money hes the spare time to spend 14hours a day on here.

How much money do you have to make to spend that amount of time here? Or do you sleep at work?

How does that even correlate ... or make sense?
Original post by Bill_Gates
it's the freedom i can afford unlike you.

lol you dont even know me
Original post by SotonianOne
How much money do you have to make to spend that amount of time here? Or do you sleep at work?

If you got enough money you can just pay people to make money for you. Giving you time to enjoy life's finer things, like TSR :indiff:

Mr Gates is obviously a guilty millionaire.
lol you dont even know me

can tell you are lonely. Sad tory.
What are you? Becoming more economically literate?

At least you're on the right path...

Yes I am completely envious of your CEO life where you spend 14 hours a day commenting on a student forum

No I'm not a Tory. At least I try to be .. moderately independent.

There's no doubt PIP was terrible and a less efficient option, but money was saved while maintaining the same quality.

Wow Sotonian I didn't know you were a protectionist! You're improving, soon I'll finally get through to you the fact that benefit spending boosts the economy!

Why you think the Tories are economically literate or that Labour voters want give-aways for no reason I have no idea. Maybe a bit less DM/Sun/Torygraph is in order.

Well you see properly rich people don't have to do any work. I know, I know, it goes against all the propaganda you've swallowed, but it's reality.

(Not that I believe for one second he runs this business)
Original post by scrotgrot
Well you see properly rich people don't have to do any work. I know, I know, it goes against all the propaganda you've swallowed, but it's reality.

(Not that I believe for one second he runs this business)

haha thanks chaps

glad to see my life is interesting to you. I am currently housebound for 2 days whilst the driveway is re-done.:smile:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
If you got enough money you can just pay people to make money for you. Giving you time to enjoy life's finer things, like TSR :indiff:

Mr Gates is obviously a guilty millionaire.

I'm sure TSR would be the first destination for a millionaire.
can tell you are lonely. Sad tory.

yh pls gif me luv & hugs
Original post by MatureStudent36
I haven't seen any hatred. I've seen proffesional scrounges use fear tactics about these vulnerable people in order to defend their own benefits claims.

Oh, so the UN are professional scroungers? The UN made an enquiry into the systematic violations of disability rights under the Tories?

http://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/uk-is-first-country-to-face-un-inquiry-into-disability-rights-violations/

And those who run the Disabled People Against Cuts campaign are filthy scroungers? http://dpac.uk.net

Children from poor income backgrounds are filthy scroungers?

Those made homeless due to having their benefits stopped due to an increase in benefit sanction quotas are filthy scroungers?

Those who are now unnecessarily suffering with mental illness due to a massive reduction in mental healthcare spending are filthy scroungers?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-30735370?SThisFB

The only thing that's filthy around here, is your disgraceful ignorance. The truth is, you don't give a damn about the old, the disabled, the poor, the vulnerable.
But what were the alternatives?
He knows what I mean. He's a troll.

Now let's analyse the "hatred towards minorities/disabled/single mums/the poor"

Let's start off with the word "hatred" which somehow in Bill NoGates' vocabulary is synonymous to "cuts". Cutting back spending on social welfare does not equate to "hatred".

In 2008/9 the disability spending (Disability Benefit) was 28.45bn, this has since increased to 36.4bn. Inflation since then has been 26.24% in total, yet the budget has increased by 27.9%. Where's the hatred?

as here:https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/223600/public_expenditure_statistical_analyses_2013.pdf

Single moms ... well I don't have to point out the free childcare which has been on the media every 8 minutes do I?

"The poor" .... No. Tories believe in personal responsibility and they want to hand it over to you. Does a 4 000 pound increase in personal allowance sound familiar?

Someone earning 20 000 in 2010 would pay 4277 in tax, which is of 21% their income

1571 in National Insurance
(6470 Personal Allowance)
2706 in Income Tax
= 4277

Someone earning 20 000 in 2015 would pay 3313 in tax, which is 16% of their income
1433 in National Insurance
(10600 Personal Allowance)
1880 in Income Tax
= 3313

A 5% tax deduction, or 964 in absolute numbers. That's a new 52 inch LCD for every below-average earner in this country per year. Or you could be smarter and invest it or try your luck and gamble it.

No, the poor are not getting poorer. In fact in personal wealth terms the poorest today are the richest poorest there have ever been in this country. People just tend to see public services as part of "their" own "material" wealth so they say they're being poorer.

In 2015/16, a person in the example above would have a disposable income of 3270 after necessities (Power, Food, Clothing, Rent (at 400 p/m)) are taken away. Since 2010 the inflation rate has been 19.77%, if we adjust the disposable income for the inflation rate (albeit it's an average, not necessarily for those 4) ten that's the sum that disposable income should have increased to. So 3270 x 0.8 is 2616 - earnings should have increased by 654 to compensate.

Have they? Well, if we count the tax deductions of 964, yes they have - to a surplus of 310. That means a person on 20k a year is 310 pounds better off than they were in 2010.

Minorities? How exactly has the Conservative Party been hostile to minorities? As far as I know that's UKIP, and the Conservative Party is the only one that has been reaching out to Sikh and Hindu communities in the election campaign and the only one to protect Sikh rights to ceremonial "knives" in public whereas others wanted to ban it?

Rant over.

Why on earth are you talking about someone earning 20k a year? Are you actually using them as an example of a poor income earner?

Oh God, that's ****ing brilliant!
haha thanks chaps

glad to see my life is interesting to you. I am currently housebound for 2 days whilst the driveway is re-done.:smile:

What sort of pleb doesn't even own a helicopter? Smh
Original post by Twinpeaks
Why on earth are you talking about someone earning 20k a year? Are you actually using them as an example of a poor income earner?

LOL jesus i just read that now. 20k is the poor?! 26k is the average!!

Can tell he's still in school haha he's a disgrace to anyone who knows anything about economics.
Wow Sotonian I didn't know you were a protectionist!

I'm not protectionist. It just depends on which way you see the perspective from. I simply advocated it because you acknowledged that smaller businesses should have smaller minimum wages.

For the perspective point: is lowering the tax for domestic corporations "protectionist"? Depends really .. I would argue that in tax situations protectionism is raising tax for foreign corporations, leaving the tax the same for them while lowering domiciled ones isn't really protectionism. You may see it as protectionism in a decade when someone comes along and argues that it's unfair they pay higher taxes, but at the end of the day their taxes are the same.

It also depends what type of protectionism. I acknowledge that there is a benefit of fiscal policy in protecting businesses in times of recessions. But I would absolutely never agree to policies such as tariffs, which are mutually damaging. Free trade has generally been what has built this country.

Thirdly and most importantly, small businesses are enterprises that need to be encouraged by the state and society, this is why in my libertarian views I give some leeway to preferential treatment of small/family/local businesses (especially ones with aims to grow, to the point of small-scale subsidies)

I'm against the minimum wage in general, but in my "electable" views where I become more of a Thatcherite than a Friedmanite, I acknowledge that lower minimum wages for small businesses and/or higher minimum wages for multinational corporations are fine. (They're not fine, they do more damage than good, but depending on the conditions macroeconomically they can be more beneficial if small domestic firms have room to grow)

You're improving, soon I'll finally get through to you the fact that benefit spending boosts the economy!

Will never happen.

Why you think the Tories are economically literate

History...

or that Labour voters want give-aways for no reason

History.... and their voter base.

Maybe a bit less DM/Sun/Torygraph is in order.

Never opened a Sun. The other two are rare reads. Majority of my information comes from Reuters.
What sort of pleb doesn't even own a helicopter? Smh

not in the UK brah
Oh, so the UN are professional scroungers? The UN made an enquiry into the systematic violations of disability rights under the Tories?

http://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/uk-is-first-country-to-face-un-inquiry-into-disability-rights-violations/

And those who run the Disabled People Against Cuts campaign are filthy scroungers? http://dpac.uk.net

Children from poor income backgrounds are filthy scroungers?

Those made homeless due to having their benefits stopped due to an increase in benefit sanction quotas are filthy scroungers?

Those who are now unnecessarily suffering with mental illness due to a massive reduction in mental healthcare spending are filthy scroungers?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-30735370?SThisFB

The only thing that's filthy around here, is your disgraceful ignorance. The truth is, you don't give a damn about the old, the disabled, the poor, the vulnerable.

Scared your benefits will be cut and you'll have to work?

I rounded it up to make it easier to calculate. There's no difference to anyone below that. Do you even maths?

15k the person would still be in the same situation, just less disposable income. The surplus from 2010 is still there.

Where do you even live to consider 20k a lot? Rural Highlands?
HELL YEAH YOU MADE A BIG MISTAKE!

We have to go through the new A levels now.

But, I obviously don't blame you, many others voted.

Latest

Trending

Trending