The Student Room Group

why do all black people vote labour

why do so many black people vote labour? every black person i've ever talked to about politics has been a labour supporter. like you never hear of a black conservative voter. or if u from london and black under 25 guaranteed to vote for labour. but labour are absolute garbage with no policies and incompetent leader plus machine behind it. why do they like labour so much
My black friends at uni all voted Conservatives...

Funny you say Labour are garbage. Have you not seen what our gov has done since the election? :rolleyes:
Why are you generalising, have you met every single black english person...no.
Reply 3
and.......another stupid post, also I love how this is in 'Advice for everyday issues'
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Novascope
My black friends at uni all voted Conservatives...

Funny you say Labour are garbage. Have you not seen what our gov has done since the election? :rolleyes:

which election? conservatives have won the last 2
Reply 5
Original post by Mathsqueen
Why are you generalising, have you met every single black english person...no.

im generalizing because thats wat my question is.... ofc i havent met every black person but every one of them i've met has voted labour
Original post by guineafowl
im generalizing because thats wat my question is.... ofc i havent met every black person but every one of them i've met has voted labour

IDK instead of complaining about it on here, why don't you ask them to justify their views about why they voted? Surely, that would give you a more accurate response.
Original post by AJC1997
and.......another stupid post, also I love how this is in 'Advice for everyday issues'

Hahaha I thought that.

OP you can't tell me you have spoken about politics with all black people :rolleyes:
I don't think so. Depends where you live. London is Labour in general.

I see the point you're coming from - the Afro-Carribean community is 85% Labour, compared to 60% for Indians and 45% for Whites. I think that 2005 was Britain's first election where the winning party lost the election based on the White vote.

Anyways, many voted Conservatives and I know some. I think your generalisation is purely a product of location rather than ethnicity.
IDK instead of complaining about it on here, why don't you ask them to justify their views about why they voted? Surely, that would give you a more accurate response.

I concur :congrats:
Aaaand this kind of **** is why I don't like visiting TSR very often.

Idiot,racist, slowminded OP
im black and voted tories so gg theory
Original post by liquidconfidence
I concur :congrats:

:proud:
Reply 13
duno why every1 is getting gassed its not really racist asking why so many people of a certain ethnicity vote a particular political party
Reply 14

tbh they couldn't really justify it, they didn't have a clue what they were talking about, just that david cameron was a "dick"
Ever heard of Adam Afriyie, Tory MP for Windsor; Helen Grant, Tory MP for Maidstone and the Weald(my MP); Sam Gyimah; Tory MP for East Surrey; Kwasi Kwarteng, Tory MP for Spelthorne; or James Cleverly, Tory MP for Braintree? In answer to your question, most black people in this country are either immigrants or from an immigrant background. The Tory party is becoming more right wing and Labour is seen as more friendly towards immigration. Therefore, more black people and people with an immigrant background in general will naturally vote Labour. Also, the Tory party was openly racist in the 1960s and 70s when black people were just arriving/settling in here (viz. the 'if you want a ****** for a neighbour vote Liberal or Labour' poster). There are still some old-fashioned Tories with not exactly racist, but racially outdated views, although most of these have now joined Ukip. By contrast, Labour were standing up to racism both here and abroad during this period. People, particularly those from ethnic minority communities which tend to be relatively close-knit, are just not going to vote for a party that just one generation ago was calling them racial slurs and that had people in who opposed the idea of them being in the UK based on their skin colour alone - it's just too much of a leap. However, you shouldn't generalise - there are certainly now black or part-black Tories like the MPs I mentioned above.
Reply 16
Original post by gr8wizard10
im black and voted tories so gg theory

stick to praying taraweeh brother
stick to praying taraweeh brother

shut up u randy
tbh they couldn't really justify it, they didn't have a clue what they were talking about, just that david cameron was a "dick"

Your answer to your own thread is right there ^

Your Qus: Why do all black people that I ask voted labour?

Ans: They didn't vote for conservatives because they strongly dislike David Cameron and the ideologies he enforces.

That is your answer right there.

I'm not one to judge whether their views are right or wrong since they are personal to them, idk they may find the labour party's ideologies are more suited/ relatable to them, why is why they voted for them. You obviously wouldn't vote for a party you dislike and sometimes people vote simply based off an instinct/ gut feeling which is why the reasoning behind their beliefs cannot be justified properly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending