The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This thread is lacking the big AFC questions and imo this is the biggest one now Cech is coming:

Is Coquelin good enough to play DM for the Arsenal?

He has been a revelation and the guys aggression is something not seen in an Arsenal midfielder since the days of Gilberto and Parlour. He loves a fight. But his distributions is poor and my real doubts are over form over a season and injuries.

(edited 8 years ago)
What I really respect about Coquelin is that he is cabable of gouging out the eyes of an enemy, then eating them. And that's the first time since, Lehmann or Keown?

I respect that. The Arsenal werent build on marble halls alone.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
This thread is lacking the big AFC questions and imo this is the biggest one now Cech is coming:

Is Coquelin good enough to play DM for the Arsenal?

He has been a revelation and the guys aggression is something not seen in an Arsenal midfielder since the days of Gilberto and Parlour. He loves a fight. But his distributions is poor and my real doubts are over form over a season and injuries.

In all honesty I don't think so. You need a ball player in the park as well as a fighter. Coquelin goes into tackles quite rough and a lot of them look like they could easily have been a red card had the player made a quick movement. He gets off the ground in some of his tackles e.g. so I won't be surprised if he's red carded a few times next season. Sounds like he loves the Arsenal though.

Plus if Coquelin gets injured that means Flamini or Arteta. Better just buying a Schneiderlin and seeing what happens there. If Schweinsteiger is available too that's another option too.

Inb4 Alex Song.
I'm starting the ''Coquelin robbed me after a game'' group

Swear down I was having a pint outside the Grafton on Holloway Road and man like Coq just knocked me out, I'm 6'3 and built like the ODEON Holloway, but I when I wolk up I was sitting down and my pint, my money and my delusions about playing AM was gone.. Police?

A nondescript business-card seemed to taunt me from a puddle of my own blood. It said:

''Wenger sent me, and Cech is coming''

Then I passed out again and dreamt about Cesc Fabregas, the CAM we should have signed.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277
shawn stop taking bait.
tornado stop taking bait.
stefano93 stop taking bait ffs.

I actually wanna talk football and responding to this bait just destroys the thread and makes you lot look like mugs. Shed End doesn't care that he seems like a prick on this thread quicker you guys get that quicker the thread stops dying. It only happens on the Arsenal thread too.

Then why don't everyone just block the bloody bastard, that way no one sees and quotes him
Original post by shawn_o1
Then why don't everyone just block the bloody bastard, that way no one sees and quotes him

Why don't you block him then and why do you still respond to him if that's what you feel is necessary?
Original post by jam277
Why don't you block him then and why do you still respond to him if that's what you feel is necessary?

I've blocked more members i.e. the ones most likely to crap all over this thread. If anyone else hasn't blocked the same members then it's their problem
''Arsene knows.''

People used to say this ALL the time when I was growing up. Seems like Arsene Knew.

The Wise Man.
(edited 8 years ago)
Also when we win the Community Shield can Cech grab it, throw it full force into the like 4,000 strong Chelsea end and then do that Madness ''One Step Beyond'' dance in front of the remnants of their Orcs with Rosicky?

Wenger just sneers

?????
(edited 8 years ago)
Cech is an authoritative figure and will command the back line superbly.

Reports surfacing that Ospina - rather than Szczesny - will be sold. That's not a clever decision on the face of it, but could work out for the best because his flaws are things which can't be changed, like height, while Szczesny just lacks maturity and needs to get his **** together.

Both will be solid number two's, you imagine.
Original post by Mackay
Cech is an authoritative figure and will command the back line superbly.

Reports surfacing that Ospina - rather than Szczesny - will be sold. That's not a clever decision on the face of it, but could work out for the best because his flaws are things which can't be changed, like height, while Szczesny just lacks maturity and needs to get his **** together.

Both will be solid number two's, you imagine.

It's a very clever decision. Everyone unanimously agrees that Woijech is the more talented keeper

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Well the fact that you've blocked him yet are the one who takes his bait the most....

Clearly block filter isn't working
I only ever understand about half of Zurich's random fictional posts, but I do know enough of what he's saying toknow that, 1, they're ****ing hilarious and 2, the guys completely off his ****ing head when posting them on some very good stuff.
Original post by leinad2012
Well the fact that you've blocked him yet are the one who takes his bait the most....

Clearly block filter isn't working

The block button is **** tbh, if you want someone blocked it'd be better to never see their name again, not reminded every time they post and asked if you want to see it lmao
Original post by AR_95
It's a very clever decision. Everyone unanimously agrees that Woijech is the more talented keeper

He's homegrown too, isn't he?
In response to the question, no coq is by no means good enough to last a whole season imo, don't get me won't the guys been superb since he has returned but in the last 5 games or so of the season he looked a little shaky, making silly needless tackles (e.g. taking down gabby in the cup final) that will inevitably either cost the team a match or 2 or get him banned for 4 or 5 games over the course of the season (like Jam said).

It'd also be nice having the option to play 2 strong cdm's in those big away games, don't get me wrong we beat city but they didn't have toure, aguero was coming back from injury, it wasn't a fully fit squad. To go to SB and snatch a cheeky 0-0 we'll need a midfield more like coq-sneiderlain (as an example)- wilshere instead of coq-cazorla-ozil, i.e
With 2 cdm's as jose showed with Matic-Zouma last season
Original post by AR_95
The block button is **** tbh, if you want someone blocked it'd be better to never see their name again, not reminded every time they post and asked if you want to see it lmao

I completely agree it's just a tad ironic the guy telling everyone to block him is the guy who HAS blocked him yet rises to the bait more than anyone on this forum (to the point where shed is actually right and shawn does post 9/10 of his posts on here about shed and not arsenal, further detailing the thread)
Too right. He's shown himself to be the mere bloody fool he really is. He's the one who can't support his own club. And since he's the one who craves attention like a narco/socio/psychopath, we'll give it to him until he's banned. Or should I say, until he creates 1100 accounts to circumvent every ban he gets

Even when I'm not online, you still bite.

Never created a dupe account when I was banned, at least I talk football occasionally. Literally 99% of your posts are discussing me, getting your knickers in a complete twist.

Funny thing is, you're the one who's been banned whilst I've been such a terrible poster - tad awkward.
Either way, Coq is yet another home grown product of the Arsenal.

Guess Chelsea still have Terry in the last 50 years.

Club with a soul, Chelsea.
Wonder when we'll see Bielik

Latest