The Student Room Group

A2 AQA ICT June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ohmahdays
Ill still be fasting lol

I'm fasting too...but Ima still take a nap haha
Good luck everyone, 2 hours of just me and an invigilator in a room, great fun :s-smilie:

Can't wait for this to be over
Wasn't too bad

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The paper was extremely easy. You should expect high grade boundaries.
The only question that may have posed difficulty was the 6 marker(?) regarding the data warehouse having the appearance of one question.
Original post by adam1233
The only question that may have posed difficulty was the 6 marker(?) regarding the data warehouse having the appearance of one question.

Pretty sure that was a 6 marker

Hated that paper xD definitely flopped it, prob got a C meaning I got a B overall and won't make it into my firm.

How nothing specifically came up on security policy, data protection act or methodolgies surprises me.

Can people share what they wrote down for any of the questions that they remember? Would be uplifting if I know I wrote similar
Original post by KAKAKA17
Hated that paper xD definitely flopped it, prob got a C meaning I got a B overall and won't make it into my firm.

How nothing specifically came up on security policy, data protection act or methodolgies surprises me.

Can people share what they wrote down for any of the questions that they remember? Would be uplifting if I know I wrote similar

If you tell me the questions I'll let you know what I wrote down(granted I can remember it).
If you tell me the questions I'll let you know what I wrote down(granted I can remember it).

+1 to that, I never remember the questions

Original post by Sarah5152
I'm fasting too...but Ima still take a nap haha

LOOOL
It was an ok paper. The only problem was the 20 marker which was quiet difficult other than that it was ok.
Original post by Error404OLE
It was an ok paper. The only problem was the 20 marker which was quiet difficult other than that it was ok.

The 20 marker was more INFO1/2 style IMO, having done all 3 this year

I honestly thought that was a pretty good paper; I wasn't rushed for time whatsoever meaning I had the opportunity to think about my responses before writing. I was expecting a lot more of development methodologies, security and more on the system life cycle. Though there was one guy in my class who stopped writing about half an hour into the exam and didn't write anything at all for the remaining time and I was sat there like 'what are you doing?!'.

Otherwise, seemed like an alright exam in my opinion; wrote about four pages for the 20 marker and I loved the question on investigation and recording techniques!
Original post by Quinny898
+1 to that, I never remember the questions

Difference between internet and extranet

Something like why is formal project management good for system development

The above 6 marker

What is test harness

The table of different types of testing

Something about investigation and recording technique

Role of CIO

How can ICT, and ICT systems help business processes become more efficient and effective

Thats what I remember so far
Pretty sure that was a 6 marker

What did you put for that question?
Original post by TheFinalFlare
I honestly thought that was a pretty good paper; I wasn't rushed for time whatsoever meaning I had the opportunity to think about my responses before writing. I was expecting a lot more of development methodologies, security and more on the system life cycle. Though there was one guy in my class who stopped writing about half an hour into the exam and didn't write anything at all for the remaining time and I was sat there like 'what are you doing?!'.

Otherwise, seemed like an alright exam in my opinion; wrote about four pages for the 20 marker and I loved the question on investigation and recording techniques!

I finished the paper in roughly 1 hour and 25 minutes and I used all the space provided. The style of questions asked made it very easy to finish the questions at a good pace.
Well I messed up the test harness question, didn't remember that one 😰.

The 20 marker was more INFO1/2 style IMO, having done all 3 this year

Not talking about the style of the question I was blank on what to write for it.
What is an asset register system? Had to guess that question :biggrin:
Reply 458
I finished the paper in roughly 1 hour and 25 minutes and I used all the space provided. The style of questions asked made it very easy to finish the questions at a good pace.

Same here I filled all the space for all the questions I guess I was juts lucky, what did you include in the 20 marker I did:
- MIS
- Enterprise Systems
- JIT
- EPOS
- CRM
- Data Warehouses
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 459
Original post by clover126
What is an asset register system? Had to guess that question :biggrin:

IT departments are often the most asset rich departments in the organisation, with responsibilities for buying, commissioning, repairing and disposing. Using the latest asset management technology is the most cost-effective way to keep track of your ICT equipment, stay compliant with regulations, and conduct audits.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending